Our Lady's Care Home

68 Ard-Na-Va Road, Belfast BT12 6FF

Group: Mr & Mrs B Macklin

Person in charge: Nora Curran (Director of Nursing)

Local Authority / Social Services: Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 86 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: All residents subject to pre admission clinical nursing assessment. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Malayalam, Polish, Tagalog

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £663 – £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Our Lady's Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The home is past the Royal Victoria Hospital on the right hand side (Beechmount area)

Visiting is available throughout the day with the exception of mealtimes. Please contact the home for more information.

There is CCTV secure parking on site.

Latest The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority* Report on Our Lady's Care Home: click here

* The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Northern Ireland.

9.1 Our Lady's Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.066)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Our Lady's Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Our Lady's Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.717 for Our Lady's Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (183 Excellents x 5) + (46 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 240 Ratings = 4.717

The 4.349 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Our Lady's Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.2 positive Reviews (86 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 17.2 Target = 0.349

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Our Lady's Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Our Lady's Care Home

• Goddaughter of Resident/Service User
  • Private Carer of Resident/Service User

Find all the staff very obliging despite the fact I see they are understaffed. Staff here do an excellent job. Very pleasant and approachable. Despite the fact my brother can be difficult at times, staff manage him quite well.
Overall, very satisfied with care and coping well as can be expected under circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Likely

The staff are always very friendly and dedicated in their work. Working with patients with dementia, I know that this is not an easy job. The nursing staff are very efficient in telling relatives if there are any issues i.e. Sickness or trips and falls with their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

In the two years since my mother has been a resident in the EMI unit at Our Lady's, we have found her to be extremely well cared for. The staff are very attentive to her needs and provide a friendly family atmosphere.
The nature of my mother's condition means she is unable to participate in any activities so I am unable to comment on them.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gavin O'Hare-Connolly, CEO at Our Lady's Care Home responded to this review on 23 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your very kind words. I have referred this on to our OT Department to look at person-centred activities for your Mother.

My mother is mostly happy and contented. Staff are very patient, caring and friendly. Activities during December were very good, although I would welcome more in other months in terms of entertainment - management issue!
Overall, we are very happy with mum's care. Staff are very attentive and do a really good job. Perhaps some more pictures and a memory board for dementia patients.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for this very useful review of our service. The Dementia Unit is just in the concluding end of a full refurbishment and you quite rightly state we should have more pictures. These have been ordered and are now en-route. Rather than 'entertainment' - we have invested in a full evidence-based Occupational Therapy Department which aims to engage our residents in meaningful activities. I have however passed your suggestions to our OT Dept. and will look at some suitable options. Once again, your feedback is most welcome and we thank you!

Our Lady's Care Home is a happy, friendly and caring environment with staff who have a genuine interest in creating a positive atmosphere for the residents. It is obvious they take great pride in their work.
I see a real difference in my 91 year old mother, who has received excellent nursing care and although a recent arrival, she has already gained weight and has renewed positivity.
All my family are happy with the care provided.
Other care homes should take note.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home is a very welcoming place. It is bright, cheerful, clean and well kept. The staff are caring and competent, they take a keen interest in all the residents. The food is good service and adequate. Overall I find it well run and a good place to be in.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Likely

I have found an excellent improvement in management recently since the appointment of the new manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I viewed over 12 homes for my grandmother. To be perfectly honest I had concerns in every single one apart from Our Lady's. You hear all the horror stories so i was beyond nervous about considering a care home even as a care option.

Its super clean, no smells & the staff are truly exceptional. They show so much care & love for the residents and it so nice to see my 91yr old grandmother so contented and care for. She is actually smiling again, put on weight and looks the best she has in years. The activity program is impressive and the residents rooms are big (single), spacious with their own large en-suite.

The staff from the admin, care staff, nurses, kitchen staff and cleaners are so friendly & approachable. Plus I like that I can go and see my gran whenever I wish using the security code. Safe, secure and a beautiful well run home.

I cant recommend them highly enough. You can buy the piece of mind that they provide.

THANK YOU to everyone at Our Lady's.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am writing this review to spread the word of the huge changes at Our Lady's since the arrival of the Manager and his fantastic team. The home is bright and spacious., is one of the most calm and peaceful care homes I have visited in the last 30 years. The residents are so well cared for and the food is beautiful. I was told today that a new occupational therapy department is opening in March. Surely this is the start of something that every care home should try to capture? Truly wonderful care!!

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

A friendly happy environment, reflecting the attitude and behaviours of all members of staff. From the moment you walk through the front door, you get a "good feeling" and this is shown in the excellent attention and welfare given to my mother by all members of the "our lady's team". My mother is very happy. From my experience other homes have much to learn from Our Lady's. Thanks for the service from all the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I really am impressed, the staff are very good. Lovely building well kept and up to standard. The room are beautiful. I am very impressed with the care. I am confident that my husband is very comfortable he has perked up and is chatting more. I see a real difference. All family have only good things to say about this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Wonderful caring staff, incredibly attentive and willing to help/answer questions.
I found the staff to be very knowledgeable and they were great at addressing any concerns I had relating to my mothers care. The management clearly take great pride in what they do and this is clearly evidenced in the atmosphere and environment within the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our Lady's Care Home has been providing excellent care to my mother over the last three and a half years. The staff are fantastic and the new management team have brought a renewed positivity to the home I highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Really positive atmosphere in the building. There was a very tangible ethos. Staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable. I was very impressed at the range of services available. I was very impressed with how clean and pleasant the home appeared.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend is a resident in Our Lady's. She loves it. There is mass on every day and she gets along so well with all the staff, management and residents who work and live there. The housekeeping team are brilliant. The nurses are so good to their patients. A great place to visit and a brilliant place to live.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I just want to show my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the staff at Our Lady's.

My mother-in-law has been here for almost 4 months and has received first class care both medically and socially. The care and facilities are amazing. Staff are completely dedicated, with a genuine interest in their residents and are always available to answer any questions relatives may have.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simply superb care home!!! The care here is professional, dignified and focuses on every person that comes to stay at Our Lady's. Well done to the Manager and his brilliant team. A beautiful atmosphere with staff that are responsive and caring at all times. Food is beautiful and the cleanliness is spotless! I cannot find fault. Highly recommended

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our Lady's is a wonderful home with a great leader who was more than happy to meet with me and all the relatives upon his arrival. I am very pleased with how my grandmother is cared for here. I would highly recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been cared for in a most professional way. She has been in Our Lady's Home for five years and during this time the family have never needed to complain or express and improvement to her care programme. Overall we are delighted with the young, personal, friendly efficient and dignified way she has been looked after by all concerned especially the carers and nursing staff. The family strongly recommend Our Lady's Home to any potential client. Thank you all in Our Lady's Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Our Lady's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have met with the new Director at the home and was completely assured of his vision and very strong track record within the nursing home sector.
The home is beautiful and staff seem to be really motivated and respectful of the new boss - Brilliant home.

Submit a Review for Our Lady's Care Home

July 2011

Nurse of The Year 2011

Recipient: Our Lady's Care Home

Date: Monday 04 Jul 2011

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Our Lady's Care Home