Holywood Care Home

221 Old Holywood Road, Holywood BT18 9QS

Holywood Care Home is located on the outskirts of Holywood's Redburn County Park and is convenient for shops, amenities, public transport and the M3 motorway. Holywood Town Centre is less than 2 miles away.

This purpose built care home offers accommodation in single occupancy rooms, the majority of which are with en-suite facilities. Some rooms are spacious enough for sharing.

Holywood features TV lounges and quiet sitting rooms for relaxation and there are also separate dining rooms, where residents can socialise at meal times. Traditional home cooking is served with residents being able to select from the wide range of choices available.

Residents may benefit from the regular visits made to the home by an experienced hair stylist. The home can also arrange for complementary therapies for residents.

A good range of activities are also offered.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Roxana Mitrea (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 71 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): British Sign Language

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority* Report on Holywood Care Home: click here

* The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Northern Ireland.

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Holywood Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Holywood Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.811 for Holywood Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (138 Excellents x 5) + (21 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 164 Ratings = 4.811

The 4.423 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Holywood Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.2 positive Reviews (71 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 14.2 Target = 0.423

9.2 Holywood Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.234) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Holywood Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Holywood Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Staff are super friendly, care is second to none. The cleanliness of the home is outstanding. Fabulous Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Holywood Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Danny, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Holywood Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My uncle has been here since 2016 and I feel well knowing that he is so well looked after. He has such a rapport with the staff in the home that he is more than comfortable with his surroundings. He is well loved by all the staff as he keeps them on their toes. The care in the home is wonderful. It is spotless and smells fresh throughout. the activities in the home are fabulous, there are church services, lots of musical entertainment, the home started their own coffee morning for the staff and residents to have a get-together and share stories which are wonderful. I cannot say enough about the care at the home, all the staff are wonderful and are very accommodating.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Holywood Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Glynis, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Holywood Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I visit the home 3-4 times a week and no matter what time I call the home is spotless and fresh. The care for the residents is above and beyond and they really do care for the residents here.
My father has been here for almost a year now and the improvement from when he first came in is great. Everyone from the manager, administrator and care staff are always very approachable and happy to help. Any queries we have are always dealt with in a timely manner.
The standard of food is great. Even if we stay late we are always offered something. The home is in a wonderful country park setting. I enjoy my visits as I am always made to feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Holywood Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Caroline, for such wonderful feedback about our home and all of the team here at Holywood Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we are very happy that your experience has been so positive! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a fantastic day.

I just want to write how wonderful this home is. You are greeted with a smile and a giggle upon entering the home by the administration staff. My mum has been here for a number of years now and I cannot commend the staff enough for the care and kindness.
The food is of a high quality and the cleanliness of the home is of a high standard. The management is easily approachable. If I feel that I have any concerns they are always dealt with immediately.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Holywood Care Home responded to this review on 27 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Walter, for sharing your recent experience of Holywood Care Home. We are happy to hear that it has been positive and that you have been so pleased with the quality of our care. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how our team are doing and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day.

Holywood nursing home has helped my father so much in the weeks since he arrived here.
The staff are so very caring and helpful to Dad and to our family.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to suggest lifting belts to be used instead of clothes as they get torn.

As the residents I have are both visually impaired and have severe hearing loss the carers are very understanding and patient.

All in all, amazing carers. Can't praise them highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister has been in Holywood Care Home since 11th March 2017.
She suffers from Alzheimer's disease.
I was initially worried that she would be unhappy, but I am delighted that she has settled and am very pleased with the care she receives.
The carers are gentle, kind, caring and hard working, and deserve great praise.
The home is clean and set in pleasant surroundings and in summer residents can sit outside and be taken round the grounds which are quite extensive.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very friendly and helpful staff. Went above and beyond to help my father settle in. I cannot express how the staff have helped in making my fathers stay extremely pleasant. The Home is clean and welcoming. All the staff within the home, from the administrator to the nurses on the floor are wonderful. My father has only been here for less than a week and has decided he doesn't want to leave.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

It's a very nice place, I can't put into words how much staying here has helped me and I never want to leave.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

MY husband has been in Holywood Nurising Home twice on an interim care basis. At present we are trying to get him in on a long term basis as we feel it is so professionally run and all the staff are very caring, conscientious and keep me informed of my husbands progress. The home itself is spotlessly clean and the kitchen is very well run. The deputy manager is very helpful and knowledgeable. I also have to mention the nurse on my husbands floor, she is a very kind and helpful girl.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a resident I feel very safe in my surrounding. There is always someone available to help me. To me it is like and extended family and friends. I am very well looked after. My medication is always given on time whereas i would of forgotten at home. The staff are marvelous and more than willing to assist. They go out of their way to help me in any circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My relative was in Holywood for nearly 5 years and was always very well cared for. All of the staff are very friendly and approachable. The home is in a beautiful setting. The home has lovely decor and good facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was extremely happy in this home. The staff couldn't do enough and were always pleasant. Friendly atmosphere and lovely environment. Grounds are beautiful. The activities were always good. Plenty of interaction from all staff. Church services and musical entertainment.

How likely would you be to recommend Holywood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is in Holywood Care home. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and mum is very happy there. I know when I'm not at the home that she is well cared for. Also the staff and management make sure you are involved in any decisions.

Submit a Review for Holywood Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Holywood Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Holywood Care Home