Moneymore Care Home

Cookstown Road, Moneymore, Magherafelt BT45 7QF

Moneymore is located on the edge of Moneymore town and is convenient for shops, amenities and public transport.

This purpose built care home offers accommodation in single occupancy rooms, some of which have en-suite facilities. Some rooms are suitable for sharing.

Moneymore features TV lounges and a quiet sitting room for relaxation, as well as separate dining rooms, where residents can socialise at meal times. Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served and residents can select from the daily choices available. Special diets can be catered for.

The home can arrange for complementary therapies for residents in addition to the visits made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and qualified chiropodist.

A variety of activities are arranged by the home for residents enjoyment.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Local Authority / Social Services: Northern Health and Social Care Trust (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority* Report on Moneymore Care Home: click here

* The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Northern Ireland.

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Moneymore Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Moneymore Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5.0 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.762 for Moneymore Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (81 Excellents x 5) + (23 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 105 Ratings = 4.762

The 4.976 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Moneymore Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.976

9.7 Moneymore Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.738) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Moneymore Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Moneymore Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

My father has been in the home now for approximately 18 months, he is comfortable, content and more importantly happy and this is primarily due to the staff who have demonstrated care, compassion while looking after my father during this time.
It provides my family with peace of mind knowing that our father is content and happy and we would like to pass our thanks on to all the staff in Moneymore Care Home for taking excellent care of our father.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Moneymore Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Niall, for sharing your recent experience of Moneymore Care home. We are happy to hear it has been so positive. Our number one priority is the care and wellbeing of every resident and it is rewarding to hear that you have been so pleased with the quality of our care. We appreciate all of your comments about the team and are pleased to hear you have been fully supported throughout. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day.

I had a comfortable stay, my needs were met. Clean, staff friendly and good food.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Moneymore Care Home responded to this review on 19 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Moneymore Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

The atmosphere and ethos in Moneymore Care Home is warm, friendly and welcoming. Due to a series of strokes my husband's needs are many and diverse. Physically he has no mobility and he cannot communicat4e verbally. The highly skilled staff meet all his needs, care and communicate well with him. I know he is safe and secure, well looked after by all. He is treated with dignity, in a clean, bright, cheerful, homely environment. We are lucky to have Moneymore Care Home on one doorstep.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother who was 97 last on her birthday lived at home on her own with outside help and family attending. She became ill in February 2017 and was admitted to hospital for 3 weeks. Reviews meant she was unable to return home. She was admitted to Moneymore Care Home for permanent residency. Management nurses and staff are of a high quality. My mother settled in well and is happy with being in here permanently.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Extremely Likely

In my experience on my mother having care and support over 2 years now, staff have been respectful and have a great level of care and support.
No matter when I visit, my mum appears to be content and have a smile on her face.
The activities are continually planned mostly in the evenings. The staff who organise this do an excellent job. I have recommended Moneymore Four Seasons on many occasions.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Extremely Likely

Moneymore Care Home has a friendly atmosphere with cheerful and helpful staff. My friend, a resident for five years, seems satisfied with the care he is being given and if I feel the need to ask for anything on his behalf, it is looked at promptly.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Likely

I have an old family friend in Moneymore now for over 2 years. I visit when I can, usually twice a month. I can say that on each and every occasion I have visited I have been met by smiling, friendly staff, the nurses, the care assistants, the cleaning staff, the office man and the manager of the home. My friend is very well cared for and he always compliments and talks highly of the staff and the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt has been in Moneymore Care Home since April 2017. I have found the home to be a "home from home" for my aunt. There has been support and care, not only for my aunt but also for me as her representative and this has been from the manager, right down to the carers and the kitchen staff, laundry room staff etc. The home is friendly and homely with a good atmosphere, clean and bright with a lovely garden area to be enjoyed by the clients on those lovely sunny summer days in complete safety. I am delighted with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Moneymore Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother passed away almost two months ago in the care of the kind and capable staff. She had spent the last year of her life in Moneymore where she received kindness, dignity and respect in both life and death. On behalf of our family, extended family and friends I wish to express our sincere thanks and appreciation for the manner in which mummy was cared for. I was able to spent a lot of time at the care home where I always felt welcome and where I saw at first hand the hard work and good humour of the entire staff led by the Manager. They really worked together in the best interest of the clients, a matter which was often referred to by other families I spoke to. I feel sure that this standard of care giving will continue and which is invaluable within our community.

Submit a Review for Moneymore Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moneymore Care Home