Ty Nant Care Home

Brook Street, Williamstown, Tonypandy CF40 1RE

Ty Nant is a bespoke carefully designed specialist residential care and nursing home for people with dementia and related conditions located in the village of Williamstown in the Rhondda Valley.

It is one of five premium Silvercrest care homes in South Wales, conveniently located at the foot of the Rhondda Valley just off the A4119, it is easy to access from the M4 near Llantrisant and Talbot Green.

The fully dementia-friendly care home is staffed by dedicated nurses and carers with specialist experience and understanding of looking after older people with complex needs.

The design and facilities of the home and the compassionate, person-centred care provided, place the interests, safety and security of residents at heart, making their lives as comfortable and meaningful as possible.

Familiar surroundings and a real sense of safety and security are paramount for people with dementia, and Ty Nant is a community in itself. It features a residents' shop with post office, hairdressing salon, residents' kitchen, snacking stations and a coffee shop and even its own fashionable bar, as well as safe and secure landscaped gardens for residents to wander around and enjoy.

Group: Silvercrest Care

Person in charge: Katherine Gover (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 31 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: on completed Financial Assessment. Ages 55+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £700 – £900 Nursing Care Single £850 – £1050 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Ty Nant Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Fees are inclusive of all nursing, personal care and hotel services provision.

Additional services such as hairdressing and chiropody will incur supplementary charges.

Top ups are usually applicable and are assessed on an individual basis - please inquire with management

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate Wales* Report on Ty Nant Care Home: click here

* Care Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.8 out of 10 for Ty Nant Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ty Nant Care Home in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.766 for Ty Nant Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (132 Excellents x 5) + (31 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 167 Ratings = 4.766

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ty Nant Care Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 6.2 positive Reviews (31 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 6.2 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Ty Nant Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.766) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ty Nant Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ty Nant Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

There seems to be plenty of staff on hand to care for residents and most are very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Likely

Katherine Gover, Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jul 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to complete this review for us. Your comments will be shared with the team!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the manager and all the staff at Ty Nant. I can't praise them enough for the care they have shown to my mum since she arrived at the home only just over a week ago.
She seems to have settled in as she has quite complexed needs. The compassion and expertise shown to her certainly puts my mind at rest. It's a pleasure to visit to see such a friendly happy atmosphere there. There's always a lovely welcome and smiling face to greet us as a family each time we visit. Thank you Ty Nant, you're doing a sterling job.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Home Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

We are so happy that Mum is settling in with us. Myself and the staff are enjoying getting to know Mum and yourselves as a family! I will pass on your kind words to all staff!

Words cannot describe how grateful I am to the staff of Ty Nant for the dedicated care they have given to my mother.
I was devastated when I had to put mum into care, my worries are over.
I cannot thank you all enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Home Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 23 Apr 2018:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so happy your mum has settled in well with us and I will pass your comments to the staff team!

Ty Nant Care Home has very pleasant surroundings - the resident's rooms are lovely and very well equipped. The outside space leading from the french doors to the gardens, which are decked, will be lovely in the summer. My mother has been treated with dignity and respect by each and every member of staff at Ty Nant, their care and support to my mother mean a lot to our family knowing she is well looked after and safe there.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 26 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for this lovely review and your kind words, Mam is an asset to the home and it has been great getting to know you all. I will share your review with the team.

After a short time when my wife was admitted, I'm very impressed with the friendly atmosphere at Ty Nant. I find the manager, her deputy and all the staff really caring, helpful and extremely competent. The care and understanding of my wife is first class and we are fortunate to have such a wonderfully run Care Home in the Rhondda.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Home Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 17 Apr 2018:

It has been such a pleasure to meet you as a family and finally have your wife move in with us. We are extremely proud of our home and are enjoying getting to know you all and making your wife settled and comfortable as we possibly can. I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff team.

After a few weeks of settling in my mother seems to have settled well. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

K Gover, Home Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 27 Feb 2018:

Thank you very much for this review, it is a pleasure working with you and Mam and I am glad she is settling into Home life.

I was very apprehensive about my mother going into a care home but I have found that Ty Nant Care Home is spotlessly clean and the care from the staff is exceptional. The food is also excellent with plenty of choices.
My mother is very happy which means that my brother and I feel happy too.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Home Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

We are so very proud to care for your mother here at Ty Nant and as a community, we feel privileged to be able to make your mother comfortable and happy. I will pass your kind words onto the staff, many thanks!

I find the home to be first class and the staff extremely helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Bik Choudhary, Company Director at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jan 2018:

Many thanks for taking the trouble to write your thoughts down. We are pleased that you are happy with the care provided, the hard working team at Ty Nant Care Home will be delighted.

My mother has been a resident at Ty Nant Care Home for 4 months and like many other residents, she suffers from dementia. The home has a welcoming atmosphere with the décor being homely but quite modern (and definitely no care home smell!)

I would recommend Ty Nant Care Home to anyone looking for a place for a loved one, it has a very high standard of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sheryl Davies, Operations Director at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 11 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your kind review, we are very pleased that your mother is enjoying her time at Ty Nant, we will pass your praise on to our staff team who are very proud to care for your mother.

I think it is a fabulous place to live. It is better than a hotel. The staff are excellent, the food is second to none and anything you want, you can have.

K Gover, Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 01 Sep 2017:

Thank you both for this review, it means a great deal to myself and the team to hear your feedback.

The staff at Ty Nant Care Home were very welcoming and my husband felt at ease. Any problems they were there to help which made things easier. The care the showed was impeccable it is such a calming place to be and this showed in the dedication of all the staff plus they would sit and chat which was a lovely thing to do and they were amazing with my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Registered Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jul 2017:

Thank you so much for this amazing review, I will pass this excellent feedback on to the staff!

Ty Nant Care Home is amazing.
The dedication of the staff was truly outstanding.
Very friendly, very caring.
The rooms were spotless.
The assistance with my Dad was impeccable.
They made him feel very welcome and cared for him with love and compassion.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will pass this review on to the team!

As soon as we visited we felt very welcomed.
Staff were always courteous, my sister has always been cared for, treated with kindness and I feel happy that she is safe and secure at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will share this review with the team!

All the staff at this home have been very helpful and caring of my mother's needs. It was a big transition for her to go from independent living and they helped enormously. She always looks very cared for when we visit and as visitors, we are welcomed and encouraged.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Nant Care Home? Extremely Likely

Katherine Gover, Registered Manager at Ty Nant Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jul 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team!

Submit a Review for Ty Nant Care Home

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 6 months.

Katherine

Katherine Gover

Joined: 2015

Kathy is a qualified Nurse has been working as a Home Manager for three years and opened Ty Nant in April 2017. Kathy is experienced in Dementia Care and Person Centred Care with a passion from the outset to make Ty Nant a community and a open plan, colourful living space for people living with dementia

Mark

Mark Crosby

Job Title: Business Administrator

Joined: 2015

Mark has a background in Customer Service and Payroll/Accounts Administrative work within different public sectors including DWP and The NHS. After beginning working in a care home setting his passion for Dementia Care expanded and joined the team at Ty Nant in July 2017.

Top 20 Care Homes Wales 2018