Rectory Court, London, London

Rectory Court is a newly refurbished residential home and provides the highest quality 24-hour residential care in Blackheath, London SE3.

The home offers full residential, short-term respite stays, convalescent and day care.

Staff believe residents should be involved in shaping their own social life within Rectory Court and the range of activities and trips reflects this.

Whether it’s an activity class, trip to historic Greenwich or Blackheath village or a book club, our dedicated activities co-odinator looks forward to arranging activities to enrich each resident’s life.

As dining and nutrition are so important within a home we offer a range of dining options at Rectory Court. Complimentary snacks are available all day in the cafe and our chef prepares a full breakfast menu, followed by three-course meals, freshly prepared and cooked daily. Staff welcome suggestions from residents and enjoy creating a menu to reflect tastes as well as meeting dietary requirements.

Please pop in and meet the friendly team at Rectory Court and join staff for a cup of tea. There is always someone on hand to tell you all you wish to know about this exciting new home and staff would love to find out more about you and what your hope are for your future care.

Group: Cinnamon Care Collection

Person in charge: Gina Lim (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Lewisham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rectory Court: click here

9.1 Rectory Court has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.132)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Rectory Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rectory Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.894 for Rectory Court is calculated as follows: ( (43 Excellents x 5) + (3 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 47 Ratings = 4.894

The 4.238 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rectory Court is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.488

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rectory Court?

Reviewer Connection to Rectory Court

I was recommended to look at Rectory Court as a care home for my Mum who was no longer able to look after herself fully. I was immediately impressed with the layout and decor of the care home and thought that this would be ideal for my Mum. We decided to place her at Rectory court on respite to see how she would feel. She loves the place and more importantly the staff who are warm and friendly whilst at the same time very professional. They attend to her needs and certainly go more than the extra mile. There is a lovely feel when you walk in, as the staff seem to be able to generate this warm and caring atmosphere for all to feel. Having visited a few other homes in the area all I can say is that Rectory Court is exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been living at Rectory Court for two months now and has experienced a very high level of care and attention. The building is newly refurbished to a very high standard, and there is a lovely garden and patio area. All the staff I have met are both caring and knowledgeable, and the food is excellent. We have received plenty of feedback via phone and email whenever any decisions have been necessary, and we are made welcome whenever we visit. Most importantly, Dad has settled in quickly and is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

My elderly parents were anxious and fragile whilst mum was in hospital for a week having a knee replacement. The staff cared for my dad (who has Parkinson's) with empathy and compassion and patience until mum's discharge. During mum's two week convalescence, they continued to be mindful of their physical and emotional vulnerability and preempted their needs. The manager was clearly very experienced, highly professional and her staff responded to that authority. She struck the right balance of empathy and sympathy and an awareness of the need to challenge and motivate both of them in what was a very stressful and worrying period of their lives. My siblings and I felt confident that mum and dad were being cared for in a safe, clean, beautiful and comfortable environment by staff who were engaged and enthusiastic which lifted a huge burden from us. More like a luxury hotel with 24-hour room service than a care home.
Thank you Rectory Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

A very warm welcome by all staff. An excellent place for mental and physical wellbeing. My health has improved gradually. If ever I became ill again I would wish to return here. It feels more like home.

Submit a Review for Rectory Court

Gina

Gina Lim

Joined: 2017

I am excited and privileged to be General Manager of Rectory Court and passionate about providing the very best care to all our residents and being able to make a difference to their lives.
I trained as a general nurse in 1973 and have over 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry in a variety of management roles. Prior to joining Cinnamon Care Collection was the manager of a couple of care homes in a small village in Jersey.
I was born and grew up in sunny Penang, a beautiful Island in Malaysia, until I left home in my late teens to pursue my nursing training in UK. I have and will always cherish fond memories of my early nursing days as a young, naïve student nurse overwhelmed and in unfamiliar surroundings. I was so grateful for the warmth and friendliness of the locals in the beautiful village of Tiverton in Devon.
Although born on an Island with beautiful sunny beaches, I prefer the cooler temperatures of spring or autumn. During my spare time, I enjoy walking to keep fit, travelling, music and meeting people

Mwaya

Mwaya Siwale

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2017

I have almost 8 years’ experience working in the Health and Social Care Sector. Most recently I worked as the Head of Unit for in a London residential care home and before that as the Head of Memory Care for up to 15 permanent and 5-daycare residents in a nursing home, I felt drawn to join Cinnamon Care as I share its’ values, determined to be ‘the difference’ in the care I give.
I personally aim to deliver excellent quality care at management and ‘hands-on’ level, and support people to continue living well despite their limitations: This could be due to a diagnosis such as dementia, advanced age leading to vulnerability and frailty, different disabilities, and/ or at a person’s end of life.
I studied at the University of Bradford, where I obtained my BSc in Dementia Studies. I also completed a course in Dementia Care Mapping, as a certified basic user.
I joined Cinnamon Care, Rectory Court, where the Team, with its wealth of experience, has been selected carefully to deliver nothing but the best, in Residential Care. I feel very proud and honoured, to be a part of this experienced, qualified, friendly, and welcoming team. On a personal level, I enjoy playing and watching sport, especially tennis. I like cooking for family and friends, my favourite dishes include BBQs and fish dishes. I also enjoy watching films, the seaside, and visiting new places

Maggi

Maggi Baird

Job Title: Head of Housekeeping

Joined: 2017

Hi, I'm Maggi and I am excited to be Head of Housekeeping at Rectory Court. Our home is so beautiful and we offer a comfortable and secure home to our residents. We are passionate about providing the highest quality of care from a team who cares about the service provided. We want our residents to feel at home as Rectory Court IS their home.

I have over 10 years’ work experience, first as a supervisor in a very busy secondary school and then as housekeeper at a children's hospice in Eltham: I found my work here a very humbling experience, offering a service to the children with life-limiting illnesses and supporting their families. My heart, however, is with the elderly who I have a deep respect for and whose company I enjoy. I love to hear people's experiences and look forward to hearing about our resident’s life experiences and journeys.
My husband and I married in 1988, we have 3 children who we are very proud of. I like to be creative and my favourite pastimes are knitting and sewing, mud larking (I've found some interesting things!) I've also delved into painting. I love to read, especially in the bath! I try not to take life too seriously and instead enjoy all that life brings. I laugh a lot and try to have a positive outlook on life.

George

George Georgescu

Job Title: Head of Maintenance

Joined: 2017

I am responsible for making sure that this beautiful building is well maintained and meets the highest standards of safety and comfort.
What I do
I make sure that Rectory Court is a safe, clean, homely and happy environment for all the residents and team. I keep Rectory Court to a very high standard and make sure the equipment and the building fixtures and fittings are kept up to date and in line with regulations.

Experience
I have been in the building trade for over 12 years and the last 5 years I worked in luxury hotels in London, I have a great knowledge of my job and I joined the team before Rectory Court opened so I could be involved in the handover of the building and facilities from the refurbishers.

About me
I am a happy person with a positive outlook on life. I have a 9 yr old son, Darius and a baby daughter, Emma. I enjoy playing tennis with my son but I am also a web developer so I spend most of my free time doing this (but I absolutely love it).

Sue

Sue Dawber

Job Title: Home Admissions Advisor

Joined: 2017

I started my career in marketing and worked for many years in the commercial property market. I took an extended career break raise my children.
When it came to thinking about a return to work, it was most important to me to work in a sector which makes a difference to people’s lives. For three years before joining Cinnamon Care, I was a lay inspector for Age UK. I was involved in two projects analysing and reporting on the care elderly people received at home and in residential care homes. This experience has given me a good insight into what good care is.
When the opportunity to join Cinnamon came along, I jumped at the chance to join a company that really does provide care with a difference. I have lived in Blackheath for many years and enjoy the village life and being part of a vibrant community. Being able to work locally and within a company I respect is a luxury and I am proud to be part of the Cinnamon Team. When I’m relaxing I enjoy spending time with my family, walking the dogs, skiing and sailing and occasionally singing with a couple of bands.

Shilton

Shilton Gracias

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2017

“Hello, everyone. My name is Shilton. I am a cheeky chap and I look forward to being the chef here at Rectory Court. Needless to say, I love cooking. My cooking style is influenced by a variety of cultures such as the Portuguese, Indian, British and Oriental cuisines. In my career as a chef, I have worked for Park Hyatt, Alila-diwa, a company in Goa, Hilton, Virgin Atlantic and Greensleeves.
I come from a beautiful state in India called Goa, a former Portuguese province. In my homeland, I live near the bank of the river Zuari. My hobbies include playing football and fishing.
Ever since I was a child, I have always been involved in social activities which were organised by the Sehoob, churches and charities. I’m delighted to announce that I’m getting married in Goa in 2018.
I am very happy to be a part of the Cinnamon Care Team.
Thank you.”

Janet

Janet Ise

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2017

I am delighted and privileged to be the Home administrator at Rectory Court. It is exiting to see the home start off and be part of its growth and success. I look forward to building relationships with the residents and colleagues while delivering exceptional support and care.

In addition to a first degree in Business Administration, I also have a Master's degree in Human Resources. I have worked in various Admin and Customer service roles and have been in the Banking industry for the last 10 years where I have carried out various financial and administrative roles. I also have experience from working as a Human Resources Assistant with the NHS. I have a friendly disposition with a passion to serve and support people around me.

My family is highly important to me. I have three teenage boys and a husband, so always busy serving. I love meeting people, cooking and travelling.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rectory Court