Rectory Court

The Glebe, Blackheath, London SE3 9TU

Rectory Court is a newly refurbished residential home and provides the highest quality 24-hour residential care in Blackheath, London SE3.

The home offers full residential, short-term respite stays, convalescent and day care.

The team believes residents should be involved in shaping their own social life within Rectory Court and the range of activities and trips reflects this.

Whether it’s an activity class, trip to historic Greenwich or Blackheath village or a book club, the dedicated activities coordinator looks forward to arranging activities to enrich each resident’s life.

As dining and nutrition are so important within a home they offer a range of dining options at Rectory Court. Complimentary snacks are available all day in the cafe and the chef prepares a full breakfast menu, followed by three-course meals, freshly prepared and cooked daily.

The dedicated team welcomes suggestions from residents and enjoys creating a menu to reflect tastes as well as meeting dietary requirements.

Please pop in and meet the friendly team at Rectory Court and join them for a cup of tea. There is always someone on hand to tell you all you wish to know about this exciting new home and staff would love to find out more about you and what your hopes are for your future care.

Group: Cinnamon Care Collection

Person in charge: Gina Lim (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Lewisham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rectory Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Rectory Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rectory Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.908 for Rectory Court is calculated as follows: ( (120 Excellents x 5) + (10 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 131 Ratings = 4.908

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rectory Court is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Rectory Court has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.908) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rectory Court?

Reviewer Connection to Rectory Court

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Rectory Court is much more than a care home with good, skilled caring staff. Ethos and values can’t be just expected because the policies say or rules expect, they have to be owned and believed in at every level. I have always been met with a friendly welcome and every member of the team I have met, from the cleaner to care and management has been friendly, welcoming and caring. The atmosphere is calm, warm, fun and accepting. Life is like what it says on the tin!

The managers are so visible. My relative is cared for and I can see already feels at home and is still herself – so the team support her in the way she needs support rather than as was at the home my mother was in, I was constantly told “this is the how we do things”. You get asked at Rectory “how would you like”!

The environment is beautifully designed, and the food is yummy. My relative is happy and clearly loved and cared for and I feel that I have made the right decision.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

The Manager and the staff here at Rectory Court Care Home have been amazing. My Aunt stayed here at a very vulnerable time in her life and they helped her stabilise, regain her strength. We are so grateful for the help they provided!

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

My Dad (91 and recently bereaved) had had a couple of falls and had been in hospital for several months; becoming institutionalised, self-centred, grumpy - he'd lost his mojo.
Since going to Rectory Court he has been quietly encouraged to come out of his shell and to engage with the other residents, not least at mealtimes and in the activities laid on such as in-chair keep fit and sing-alongs.
There are regular resident and friends get-togethers in which all are encouraged to give feedback to the management who, incidentally, are very visible and active on the "shop-floor" and not confined to an ivory tower.
The staffing level is high and there is a good-humoured atmosphere whilst maintaining a solid foundation of professionalism.
I am confident that this image is not just cranked up when visitors turn up as I often arrive unannounced and the ambience is constant.
In conclusion, I am comforted, relieved and confident that my Dad is in the right place.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

From the first look at the brochure, meeting the managers, then visiting Rectory Court, I was instantly charmed by the warm welcome and beautiful décor and furnishings in my potential new home. It didn't take very long to realise I would be very happy, comfortable and safe in these surroundings.
I am so well cared for, I enjoy delicious, freshly cooked food every day with a varied menu. Fun activities and rest when I want to in my beautiful room. I've made new friends and feel relaxed and confident that I am being cared for by a professional team of managers and carers with a friendly and personal approach.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

My 83-year-old father stayed at Rectory Court for 4 weeks to recuperate from hip replacement surgery. From the moment he arrived straight from the hospital, the care was exceptional, the staff are kind and friendly at all times - they couldn't do enough for him. Not only did my father recover well under their care, but the peace of mind for the family that he was being looked after so well was priceless. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

I have moved from Essex to Rectory Court. It's bright, beautiful, cheerful and the staff are wonderful and caring. I am extremely happy and settled in the knowledge that I am getting first class care. It's more like a lovely boutique hotel than a residential home - fabulous!

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

I was recommended to look at Rectory Court as a care home for my Mum who was no longer able to look after herself fully. I was immediately impressed with the layout and decor of the care home and thought that this would be ideal for my Mum. We decided to place her at Rectory court on respite to see how she would feel. She loves the place and more importantly the staff who are warm and friendly whilst at the same time very professional. They attend to her needs and certainly go more than the extra mile. There is a lovely feel when you walk in, as the staff seem to be able to generate this warm and caring atmosphere for all to feel. Having visited a few other homes in the area all I can say is that Rectory Court is exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been living at Rectory Court for two months now and has experienced a very high level of care and attention. The building is newly refurbished to a very high standard, and there is a lovely garden and patio area. All the staff I have met are both caring and knowledgeable, and the food is excellent. We have received plenty of feedback via phone and email whenever any decisions have been necessary, and we are made welcome whenever we visit. Most importantly, Dad has settled in quickly and is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

My elderly parents were anxious and fragile whilst mum was in hospital for a week having a knee replacement. The staff cared for my dad (who has Parkinson's) with empathy and compassion and patience until mum's discharge. During mum's two week convalescence, they continued to be mindful of their physical and emotional vulnerability and preempted their needs. The manager was clearly very experienced, highly professional and her staff responded to that authority. She struck the right balance of empathy and sympathy and an awareness of the need to challenge and motivate both of them in what was a very stressful and worrying period of their lives. My siblings and I felt confident that mum and dad were being cared for in a safe, clean, beautiful and comfortable environment by staff who were engaged and enthusiastic which lifted a huge burden from us. More like a luxury hotel with 24-hour room service than a care home.
Thank you Rectory Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

A very warm welcome by all staff. An excellent place for mental and physical wellbeing. My health has improved gradually. If ever I became ill again I would wish to return here. It feels more like home.

How likely would you be to recommend Rectory Court? Extremely Likely

I was the first patient and I was treated like a queen - what a privilege! There were one or two teething problems which were quickly resolved. All the staff without exception were quick to respond when I called for help.
The croissants were to die for and all other menus were delicious.
The manager was always most helpful and staff always cheerful and efficient. My first carer was great, fun and we bonded instantly.

Submit a Review for Rectory Court

Gina

Gina Lim

Joined: 2017

I am excited and privileged to be General Manager of Rectory Court and passionate about providing the very best care to all our residents and being able to make a difference to their lives.
I trained as a general nurse in 1973 and have over 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry in a variety of management roles. Prior to joining Cinnamon Care Collection was the manager of a couple of care homes in a small village in Jersey.
I was born and grew up in sunny Penang, a beautiful Island in Malaysia, until I left home in my late teens to pursue my nursing training in UK. I have and will always cherish fond memories of my early nursing days as a young, naïve student nurse overwhelmed and in unfamiliar surroundings. I was so grateful for the warmth and friendliness of the locals in the beautiful village of Tiverton in Devon.
Although born on an Island with beautiful sunny beaches, I prefer the cooler temperatures of spring or autumn. During my spare time, I enjoy walking to keep fit, travelling, music and meeting people

Mwaya

Mwaya Siwale

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2017

I have almost 8 years’ experience working in the Health and Social Care Sector. Most recently I worked as the Head of Unit for in a London residential care home and before that as the Head of Memory Care for up to 15 permanent and 5-daycare residents in a nursing home, I felt drawn to join Cinnamon Care as I share its’ values, determined to be ‘the difference’ in the care I give.
I personally aim to deliver excellent quality care at management and ‘hands-on’ level, and support people to continue living well despite their limitations: This could be due to a diagnosis such as dementia, advanced age leading to vulnerability and frailty, different disabilities, and/ or at a person’s end of life.
I studied at the University of Bradford, where I obtained my BSc in Dementia Studies. I also completed a course in Dementia Care Mapping, as a certified basic user.
I joined Cinnamon Care, Rectory Court, where the Team, with its wealth of experience, has been selected carefully to deliver nothing but the best, in Residential Care. I feel very proud and honoured, to be a part of this experienced, qualified, friendly, and welcoming team. On a personal level, I enjoy playing and watching sport, especially tennis. I like cooking for family and friends, my favourite dishes include BBQs and fish dishes. I also enjoy watching films, the seaside, and visiting new places

Maggi

Maggi Baird

Job Title: Head of Housekeeping

Joined: 2017

Hi, I'm Maggi and I am excited to be Head of Housekeeping at Rectory Court. Our home is so beautiful and we offer a comfortable and secure home to our residents. We are passionate about providing the highest quality of care from a team who cares about the service provided. We want our residents to feel at home as Rectory Court IS their home.

I have over 10 years’ work experience, first as a supervisor in a very busy secondary school and then as housekeeper at a children's hospice in Eltham: I found my work here a very humbling experience, offering a service to the children with life-limiting illnesses and supporting their families. My heart, however, is with the elderly who I have a deep respect for and whose company I enjoy. I love to hear people's experiences and look forward to hearing about our resident’s life experiences and journeys.
My husband and I married in 1988, we have 3 children who we are very proud of. I like to be creative and my favourite pastimes are knitting and sewing, mud larking (I've found some interesting things!) I've also delved into painting. I love to read, especially in the bath! I try not to take life too seriously and instead enjoy all that life brings. I laugh a lot and try to have a positive outlook on life.

George

George Georgescu

Job Title: Head of Maintenance

Joined: 2017

I am responsible for making sure that this beautiful building is well maintained and meets the highest standards of safety and comfort.
What I do
I make sure that Rectory Court is a safe, clean, homely and happy environment for all the residents and team. I keep Rectory Court to a very high standard and make sure the equipment and the building fixtures and fittings are kept up to date and in line with regulations.

Experience
I have been in the building trade for over 12 years and the last 5 years I worked in luxury hotels in London, I have a great knowledge of my job and I joined the team before Rectory Court opened so I could be involved in the handover of the building and facilities from the refurbishers.

About me
I am a happy person with a positive outlook on life. I have a 9 yr old son, Darius and a baby daughter, Emma. I enjoy playing tennis with my son but I am also a web developer so I spend most of my free time doing this (but I absolutely love it).

Sue

Sue Dawber

Job Title: Home Admissions Advisor

Joined: 2017

I started my career in marketing and worked for many years in the commercial property market. I took an extended career break raise my children.
When it came to thinking about a return to work, it was most important to me to work in a sector which makes a difference to people’s lives. For three years before joining Cinnamon Care, I was a lay inspector for Age UK. I was involved in two projects analysing and reporting on the care elderly people received at home and in residential care homes. This experience has given me a good insight into what good care is.
When the opportunity to join Cinnamon came along, I jumped at the chance to join a company that really does provide care with a difference. I have lived in Blackheath for many years and enjoy the village life and being part of a vibrant community. Being able to work locally and within a company I respect is a luxury and I am proud to be part of the Cinnamon Team. When I’m relaxing I enjoy spending time with my family, walking the dogs, skiing and sailing and occasionally singing with a couple of bands.

Shilton

Shilton Gracias

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2017

“Hello, everyone. My name is Shilton. I am a cheeky chap and I look forward to being the chef here at Rectory Court. Needless to say, I love cooking. My cooking style is influenced by a variety of cultures such as the Portuguese, Indian, British and Oriental cuisines. In my career as a chef, I have worked for Park Hyatt, Alila-diwa, a company in Goa, Hilton, Virgin Atlantic and Greensleeves.
I come from a beautiful state in India called Goa, a former Portuguese province. In my homeland, I live near the bank of the river Zuari. My hobbies include playing football and fishing.
Ever since I was a child, I have always been involved in social activities which were organised by the Sehoob, churches and charities. I’m delighted to announce that I’m getting married in Goa in 2018.
I am very happy to be a part of the Cinnamon Care Team.
Thank you.”

Janet

Janet Ise

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2017

I am delighted and privileged to be the Home administrator at Rectory Court. It is exiting to see the home start off and be part of its growth and success. I look forward to building relationships with the residents and colleagues while delivering exceptional support and care.

In addition to a first degree in Business Administration, I also have a Master's degree in Human Resources. I have worked in various Admin and Customer service roles and have been in the Banking industry for the last 10 years where I have carried out various financial and administrative roles. I also have experience from working as a Human Resources Assistant with the NHS. I have a friendly disposition with a passion to serve and support people around me.

My family is highly important to me. I have three teenage boys and a husband, so always busy serving. I love meeting people, cooking and travelling.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rectory Court