Baedling Manor

Front Street West, Bedlington NE22 5TT

Owner: Alcyone Healthcare North East Ltd

Person in charge: Donna Sarin (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £494 – £805 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Baedling Manor to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Baedling Manor accommodate visitors at any time of the day, please avoid meal times.

Car park to the front of the building.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Baedling Manor: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Baedling Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Baedling Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.721 for Baedling Manor is calculated as follows: ( (136 Excellents x 5) + (3 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) + (6 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 154 Ratings = 4.721

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Baedling Manor is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Baedling Manor has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.721) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Baedling Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Baedling Manor

My Gran came in here last year and it was a very daunting task for us taking the plunge and looking around at care homes as my gran deteriorated so quickly with dementia. We looked around a few in the local area and none of them came close to Baedling Manor.
The staff are friendly, the facilities are amazing it’s like being in a hotel - I would actually stay for the night or even live in there. The residents are always happy and we attend regular family events too. One of which is happening on Friday with fish and chips and a live singer! I feel at home when I visit my Gran and always feel so welcome there. I’m sure if my Gran didn’t have dementia and knew where she actually was she would highly recommend them too! She likes to have a laugh with the staff as she’s quite a character and the staff handle her humour very well! Definitely a 5* home in my eyes!

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

I am a member of knitting/craft group who meet each week in Baedling Manor where a number of residents join us along with carers and join in our activities and have coffee and a natter. We have found this to be extremely beneficial to the residents and our group and everyone bonds well.
We have learned a lot about the residents who seem to enjoy talking about their lives and listening to what we have been getting up to. Everyone is included in whatever we are doing. We recently entered our knitted scarecrow into the town's scarecrow competition and those residents who wanted to contribute were encouraged to do so.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

My Mam has lived at Baedling Manor since July 2017. When we arrived it was like walking into a 5* hotel. The premises are exceptional, tasteful decor and the highest standard of cleanliness. There is a Hair & Beauty Salon, Piano Bar, Cinema, Coffee Shop and comfortable rooms with excellent en-suite facilities.
All the staff and management are welcoming, friendly and very caring towards my Mam and also my Dad who visits on a daily basis. They provide regular activities, events and outings for stimulation to keep the residents occupied and their spirits up.
The effort the management and staff went to at Christmas was amazing. My Mam and Dad had a wonderful day with amazing food and entertainment. I would like to thank all the staff at Baedling Manor for the care, compassion and commitment they give to my Mam and for giving her a safe, caring environment to live in, also for being so approachable. I am now able to relax knowing she is in safe hands. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

My aunt is living at Baedling Manor and I can honestly say that I am very happy with the care she receives. The staff (incl. cleaning and catering staff) and management make you feel very welcome. They are very friendly and helpful and have been exemplary in their care for her.
The management has been exceptional when addressing any concerns or questions I have had regarding her care and I feel confident that I would be listened to regarding any future questions I may have.
The premises are exceptional (more like a 5* hotel) with excellent decor and provide a very high standard of cleanliness with excellent leisure activities and all the food is homemade and of a very high standard.
The care home provides an excellent hairdressing salon which is also open to non-residents allowing residents and family to spend time together away from the caring environment.
I would definitely recommend this care home and would highly recommend a visit to anyone looking for caring facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

Donna Sarin, Registered Manager at Baedling Manor responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Thank you so much for your very positive comments, our team are delighted to help support your family in any way that we can. Your comments are invaluable and make us all feel very proud.

Baedling Manor is a first class establishment. My mother had a short spell on respite care last year and has become a permanent resident since February.
All of the staff have worked hard to make the transition as smooth as possible and shown the necessary care and commitment required to provide myself and my family with the reassurance needed during the whole process.
The rooms and facilities are first class, they provide the creature comforts and stimulation necessary to satisfy my mother's needs. Regular activities are arranged to further enhance the whole experience.
Overall very satisfied by the service provided.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the management and staff for their hard work and commitment.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for your kind and thoughtful comments. We are very happy to work in partnership with your mum and family to provide the level of support that she needs to live well. I am so pleased to hear that you are happy with the services that we provide.

My mother initially went to Baedling Manor on respite in July 2017 but is now a permanent resident. I have always found the staff kind and respectful to my mother and myself. It looks like a 5* hotel but is most definitely a home from home. Events co-ordinator is full of great ideas to help to keep the residents occupied so they do not lose the skills they already have. There are plenty of other social events arranged to which family and friends are invited. The Christmas meal was fabulous too! I am able to relax knowing that my mum is in a safe environment and well looked after by people who genuinely care.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

Darren Taylor, Managing Director at Baedling Manor responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

I greatly appreciate your kind, heartfelt comments. Myself and our team love playing a part in your mum's support. On a personal level, she makes me smile and laugh every day and personifies "living well with Dementia". She reminds me daily of why I do this job.

I have a friend that has moved in Baedling Manor, reluctantly as I may add, as she wanted to remain in her own home. This has been a very difficult transition for the family to come to terms with. The management team and staff were amazing, they explained everything, reassured us and made the whole family feel at ease. My friend absolutely loves it there, she has made new friends and is still able to maintain her living skills, the facilities are that of a 5-star hotel and she is able to utilize these if she wishes to. Baedling Manor is more like exceptional living in luxury than a care home. I am pleased with my friend's adaptation to her surroundings, in the short time she has been there she has already gained weight and is participating more with others, it's been a long time since I saw my friend smile, never mind laugh, and this is so heartwarming to see. I cannot thank the management and staff enough for all that they do, the help support and reassurance given was exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

We are immensely proud to hear your very encouraging comments and we are delighted that you are able to recognize improvements that are evident in the general health and well being of your friend. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Mam moved here in Jan 18 after I looked at a number of care homes. My son and I knew from walking through the door that this was the right place for her. Lovely atmosphere and one resident told me 'it's lovely here'. We looked around the home and were able to choose her room and have her personal belongings there prior to her move. There are lots of activities going on i.e. tea dance, local school children visit, outings in the home's bus, pamper sessions and social evening to name but a few. Mam only has one complaint she says she's always eating. The menu is varied and residents choose their own meals. A nurse visits weekly and if there are any other medical concerns, staff have contacted the surgery immediately. Visitors are welcome any time of day or night and welcome to join in activities. At the same time, I am able to take Mam out whenever I want to.
Staff are friendly and very approachable. So happy with the care Mam receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

My dad has been living at Beadling Manor for approx 7 months, apart from the home having the interior and looking like a 5-star hotel, the biggest asset is that the staff are amazing to residents and family members alike.

The staff are very welcoming, friendly, helpful and above all very caring towards the residents. The property is impeccably clean, and the food is all homemade and is available whenever a resident requires.

I would like to thank the management and staff for offering my father a very nice caring environment to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

Darren Taylor, Managing Director at Baedling Manor responded to this review on 21 Mar 2018:

I am delighted to hear your comments. It makes our work worthwhile. We are also delighted that you chose to use our services and to have you and your family visit regularly.

My dad has been staying in this home for over 6 months now and I can honestly say that the care he receives is second to none. They make him safe at all times, he is fed and well cared for to exceptional standards. All staff and management give my dad dignity and respect at all times, and they are proactive in giving to him, ensuring choice is promoted. Communication between staff and myself is excellent, and if I had any issues I would feel confident that I would be listened to by staff and management. I can not be more pleased with the care.

The home itself is furnished to a very high standard and is inviting and warm just like the staff.

I visit the home on a daily basis, and I observe how kind the staff are with my dad, as well as all residents and I truly believe my dad remains in the best place.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for your very encouraging review. I am delighted that you are happy with the services that we provide.

Extremely well finished, good lounge space and food great, however, staff are rude and unfriendly to family members.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Donna Sarin, Home Manager at Baedling Manor responded to this review on 21 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your very encouraging review. I am delighted that you thought highly of the accommodation and services that we have to offer. I am confident that your friend received excellent treatment during his/her stay with us and I have no knowledge to the contrary. I am not familiar with who you are, nor what issue you have had with staff and management at the home but, it has clearly made you feel strongly enough about it to put in to print and this is most regrettable. It would appear that whilst we try to exceed customer expectation we don't please everyone all of the time and they don't necessarily always agree with our stance in every circumstance. We operate an open door policy and invite you the opportunity to discuss your issue further should you choose. I would have responded earlier but it has just come to my attention that you have reviewed our service.

My mother who is almost 100 years old has been a resident at this home since August. Obviously at this age she is far from strong or in good health. All the Staff at this establishment have been exemplary in their care for her. The Home is almost new and offers superb facilities from decor,food and entertainment. I could not wish for better attention to her needs both physical and occupational. I would highly recommend this Home for anyone in need of care. I personally liken this establishment to a caring and compassionate 5 star hotel.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Likely

On visiting my brother found staff ignoring both myself, and family members, as well as my brother, who was confused about the lift combination number.
Found the staff very unfriendly and unhelpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Baedling Manor? Extremely Unlikely

It puzzles me as to how you reached these judgements. I have twice written to you inviting you to discuss openly and I have provided you with a comprehensive written response to your concerns. My invitation remains open. I hope your brother is continuing to keep well and that he is happy in his new home as he was at Baedling Manor.

Submit a Review for Baedling Manor

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Baedling Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Baedling Manor