Ridgeway Lodge Care Home

Brandreth Avenue, Dunstable LU5 4RE

Situated in Dunstable, Ridgeway Lodge is a warm and welcoming residential care home offering a range of care options to the elderly. The home has been carefully designed to provide a high standard of care and support to people who require dementia care. Palliative care is also provided as are short stays for a little respite and convalescence.

A conveniently located purpose-built home, Ridgeway Lodge interiors are designed for the needs of older people, offering comfortable social environments and ensuite bedrooms. There is also a secure courtyard garden and peaceful sensory garden complete with a covered seating area and bird feeder providing the ideal setting to relax and spend time with family and friends.

Residents can choose to eat in dining areas or the privacy of their own rooms, enjoying meals that, like the care practice itself, are tailored to personal need and preference. Out of hours snacks and drinks are also available.

An activities programme is organised to be interesting and takes account of preferred hobbies, including many outings to local garden centres and restaurants, as well as Whipsnade Zoo.

Person in charge: Thomas Bridle (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Central Bedfordshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 61 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ridgeway Lodge Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Ridgeway Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ridgeway Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.708 for Ridgeway Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (112 Excellents x 5) + (39 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 154 Ratings = 4.708

The 4.656 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ridgeway Lodge Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.2 positive Reviews (61 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 12.2 Target = 0.656

9.4 Ridgeway Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.364) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ridgeway Lodge Care Home

I was fortunate to have this home recommended to me by the husband of a resident. I was instantly impressed by the kindness and professionalism of staff. 18 months on and the home has been taken over by HC-One, who have built on existing strengths, sorted problems and generally improved the experience of residents. My mother has told me that she now feels at home. Her physical and emotional health have improved, she is encouraged to join activities and food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

After visiting several other homes with similar facilities in our area, my sister and I chose Ridgeway Lodge because we felt that in all respects it would provide everything our mum would need to be happy, safe and well cared for. Mums room looks as much like home as is possible under the circumstances. The arrangement of the private rooms and lounges form a square and thus create the perfect way for those with dementia to walk around and always end up at their own 'front door'. The dining rooms have a 'cafe' feel to them. The management and staff, from carers to cleaners and laundry are friendly and kind. Brilliant! I cannot fault them. The food looks and smells delicious. Nothing is too much trouble for the team, upstairs and downstairs. Plenty of organised activities since mum's arrival in November 2017, ballroom dancers, ukulele band, singing, visits from a nursery school and a talent show to name a few! Thank you very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

A very warm and friendly atmosphere as soon as you walk through the door. All staff are very caring towards family and residents and always find time to talk to residents and visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been in Ridgeway Lodge for 12 months. During this time I have progressed from being very unwell to a situation where I am able to look forward to being independent in the foreseeable future. The staff have always been willing to listen and help me progress with my general health.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your health has greatly improved and hope that it continues to do so.

I am very happy to say that I couldn't ask for better care for my husband.
The dignity etc is also first class, as are the activities. It is great to have no worries regarding all areas. The manager has made a big difference in many areas too.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that you don't have to worry about your husband knowing that he is cared for so well and I hope that he is enjoying the activities etc.

My mother moved into this Bupa care home in April 2016. I am very pleased with the way she is looked after. The staff are kind, considerate and caring. I would have no hesitation in recommending this home to anyone that was interested.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The staff at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home are all such wonderful people. Nothing is too much trouble and they ALL go above and beyond the call of duty. I have visited a few friends and relatives at different care homes and nothing compares to Ridgeway Lodge Care Home, it is one of the cleanest, tidiest and looked after home I know of. If you go to one of the staff with any concerns, they try and rectify it as soon as humanly possible. They are all happy to listen to residents and visitors alike. I am only too happy that we have found the perfect home for my Mum. Well done Ridgeway Lodge Care Home and staff

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. This must give you such peace of mind knowing that everything is taken care of and that you are kept informed of everything.

My sister's health changed and prevented her from independent living. On arriving at Ridgeway, we were greeted and welcomed warmly. The staff have been very supportive to my sister and help her to adjust to her new surroundings.

The food and care are amazing and the benefits to my sister are huge. She is now hopefully staying permanently and is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2017:

Ridgeway Lodge has a warm and friendly atmosphere as soon as you enter. The staff really care for their residents and treat them with respect and dignity. The home is always clean and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate you sharing them with us; we will pass the comments onto the home manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I could not wish for better care for my mother, she seems happier and more content than she has in years. The care of the staff, the cleanliness of the home. Everyone has a smile and pleasantries when we visit.
Thank you to all the staff, caring/nursing, cleaners and the cook.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 08 Feb 2017:

My mum has been a resident for over a year, the staff are so caring, considerate, and often go above and beyond to assist the resident's and their family. Without question I would recommend this care home.
Thank you for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I found the staff very helpful, kind and considerate. They treated my dad with the dignity he deserved. My overall assessment of my fathers stay was of a high standard. We would like to use the facility again.

How likely would you be to recommend Ridgeway Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum recently passed away at Ridgeway Lodge after nearly two years as a resident. We as a family have been totally satisfied with all aspects of her care. We moved mum to Ridgeway Lodge from her home in Kent in order to be nearer us and this was a worrying time for us given her age at the time (90) and her frailty. In fact it turned out to be the best thing for mum due to the very high standard of care she received. The staff were compassionate and loving at all times and even right at the end they treated her with kindness and respect. We cannot praise the professional and caring nature of the staff highly enough.

Submit a Review for Ridgeway Lodge Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ridgeway Lodge Care Home