Belamacanda

172/174 The Street, Little Clacton, Clacton-on-Sea CO16 9LX

Belamacanda is a twenty-two bedroom residential care home that is ideal for the needs of people with physical disabilities, for both short and long-term requirements.

Carers have a wide range of experience in helping with numerous health conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Huntingdon's, stroke and spinal injury, maintaining an environment that contributes to mental health.

A Clacton-on-Sea location is an excellent community in which to enjoy outings to places of interest, with coastal views proving popular and relaxing amongst residents.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Mike Melton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 22 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages 18+. Ages 18+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £770 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £770 – £950 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Belamacanda to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belamacanda: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Belamacanda is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belamacanda in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.773 for Belamacanda is calculated as follows: ( (177 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 216 Ratings = 4.773

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belamacanda is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.4 positive Reviews (22 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 4.4 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Belamacanda has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.773) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belamacanda?

Reviewer Connection to Belamacanda

• Mother of Resident/Service User

My aunt, who is mentally and physically handicapped moved to Belamacanda after losing her parents. Belamacande provides an extremely high level of physical and emotional care and support, with a brilliant team of staff led by an outstanding manager who ensures all residents lead as full a life as possible, participating in activities and therapies they enjoy. My family cannot praise Belamacanda highly enough it is a great comfort to know that my aunt is happy and so well cared for in an establishment that is like a family home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Love staff, food good, love games. I have done pottery. I go to a day centre and sing.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I enjoy spending time at Belamacanda. The staff and management are very helpful. I enjoy the range of activities in the home and I am off to the Jeremy Kyle show in two weeks which I am very excited about. This has been my lifelong dream.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I like living here and I am a DJ, I love to do discos and mow the lawn. Staff are lovely and I have made lots of friends. Belamacanda is my home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I love the home, carers and everything about it. There are lots of activities and days out.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

My daughter is very happy living here. I am extremely satisfied with the care and understanding my daughter receives. She has complex needs that are catered for with dignity and compassion.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I have lived at this home for well over 25 years and am happy to live here for the next 25 years, I've had such amazing experiences with the staff and residents that are here and really enjoy spending time with my friends in between meal times. I get to go to a learning centre 2 times a week which helps me meet with new people and learn new crafts and computer skills for the future. Belamacanda's staff help with all the personal care and go out of their way to promote independence and exercise as much as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I've lived here for 3 years, I am really pleased with the services and activities they have here on offer. I'm happy that they have taken a keen interest in my music and wanting to be a DJ, I'm allowed to host discos for parties or birthdays which I was never able to do. I'm so pleased with the help from the care staff to the manager they have all helped me out over the years and have got me to where I am today.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Without doubt these people were there for me when I was at my lowest point and using their kindness and skill, brought me back into the light.
The team is able to deliver professional care utilising the superb overall management of the home which is the epitome of good practice headed up by what must surely be the industries most accomplished manager.
Particulars of note are: The home is pristine clean and residents are fantastically turned out as personal care is assisted at every stage by a motivated staff who give each person room to develop interests or build on existing interests. The atmosphere is relaxed and everyone knows that residents concerns are dealt with quickly and with sympathetic discretion by the amazing and intelligent staff.
Mealtimes are a high point when the house can get together and enjoy each others company, or just enjoy the superb meal (a choice is offered at every meal), in clean and cheerful surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I love living here. This is my home, they look after me. I have been to Spain, Cyprus, France, Prague and Holland and love going with my friends out for a meal. I have a keyworker and get on well with other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I feel safe, the staff are good and I attend day centers and travel on the homes mini bus. I love karaoke and disco and do a lot of countdowns for special days.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

A very well run and friendly care home. I would like to receive minutes for mum's review meetings so I can keep updated. I do no know when she last had a review. I am very happy with the care my mum receives. Staff are very hard working and dedicated to all the residents. My mum has lived here 11 years we are always welcomed and looked after when we visit. Thank you Belamacanda.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law is very happy at the home and that is my main concern.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

We have always been impressed by the level of care provided in both health and personal well being.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I have family members whom work with the team at Belamacanda and I thoroughly enjoy getting involved at Christmas parties and Summer Fetes etc. I work in care myself and am always incredibly impressed by the staff's passion for their work at Belamacanda.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Warm welcome on visits and wonderful help on the telephone on my weekly calls to my niece. This is a very valuable way to stay in regular contact as I live a distance away. I have a great respect and praise to all the staff who make extra activities e.g holidays, days out etc possible for the residents. I thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 07 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your comments.

I am always amazed at the freedom they have. People in their own rights. I also like the camaraderie that goes between residents and staff there are lots of banter and laughter.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 05 Apr 2016:

Freedom and independence are paramount, thank you for your lovely comments.

I am happy here, good meals, nice friends and I can come and go when I please. I use the homes transport. I also have a lovely room.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 02 Apr 2016:

Thank you John, lovely comments!
I am glad that Belamacanda is a place you are proud to call home.

Submit a Review for Belamacanda

November 2009

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belamacanda