Belamacanda

172/174 The Street, Little Clacton, Clacton-on-Sea CO16 9LX

Belamacanda, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex

Belamacanda is a twenty-two bedroom residential care home that is ideal for the needs of people with physical disabilities, for both short and long-term requirements.

Carers have a wide range of experience in helping with numerous health conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Huntingdon's, stroke and spinal injury, maintaining an environment that contributes to mental health.

A Clacton-on-Sea location is an excellent community in which to enjoy outings to places of interest, with coastal views proving popular and relaxing amongst residents.

Group: Black Swan International Ltd

Person in charge: Mike Melton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 22 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages 18+. Ages 18+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £770 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £770 – £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belamacanda: click here

posted 08 May 2017

single no en-suite

9.4 Belamacanda has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.367)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Belamacanda is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belamacanda in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.708 for Belamacanda is calculated as follows: ( (129 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 168 Ratings = 4.708

The 4.659 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belamacanda is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 4.4 positive Reviews (22 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 4.4 Target = 0.909

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belamacanda?

Reviewer Connection to Belamacanda

• Mother of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

I have lived here for approximately 8 years. I have found that staff and management always have time to talk to me and deal with any problems that I may have.
I find meals to be very good. We go out regularly on trips out and the mini bus is always available in case I may have appointments at the doctors or hospital which gives me peace of mind. My family visit me very often and are aways made to feel welcome.
I am very happy here and can not praise this home enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Without doubt these people were there for me when I was at my lowest point and using their kindness and skill, brought me back into the light.
The team is able to deliver professional care utilising the superb overall management of the home which is the epitome of good practice headed up by what must surely be the industries most accomplished manager.
Particulars of note are: The home is pristine clean and residents are fantastically turned out as personal care is assisted at every stage by a motivated staff who give each person room to develop interests or build on existing interests. The atmosphere is relaxed and everyone knows that residents concerns are dealt with quickly and with sympathetic discretion by the amazing and intelligent staff.
Mealtimes are a high point when the house can get together and enjoy each others company, or just enjoy the superb meal (a choice is offered at every meal), in clean and cheerful surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I love living here. This is my home, they look after me. I have been to Spain, Cyprus, France, Prague and Holland and love going with my friends out for a meal. I have a keyworker and get on well with other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I have lived here for almost 8 years, and I would like to thank the Manager and Deputy Manager and all the staff for giving me a new life which is now brilliant.
When I moved here the home was very good but now it's even better.
We have an I.T. room which has two computers and a large screen on the wall for watching your favourite films or YouTube whatever you want really even Netflix
We have music nights where you all sing your favourite song, music and movement, zumba and even pottery.
The staff help us all with Arts and Crafts we have quiz nights, cooking classes for those who want to join in.
We have a large dining room with large flat screen TV and a lounge area with another large flat screen TV which shows Netflix also. It really is home from home and I cannot recommend it highly enough once again many thanks to Black Swan Care Group.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

My father died, I was not able to get in to tell my daughter (resident) about this. I phoned the office and they told her and handled the situation very well- offering her as much support as was necessary. I am extremely happy with the care and support my daughter receives here.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I feel safe, the staff are good and I attend day centers and travel on the homes mini bus. I love karaoke and disco and do a lot of countdowns for special days.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

A very well run and friendly care home. I would like to receive minutes for mum's review meetings so I can keep updated. I do no know when she last had a review. I am very happy with the care my mum receives. Staff are very hard working and dedicated to all the residents. My mum has lived here 11 years we are always welcomed and looked after when we visit. Thank you Belamacanda.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law is very happy at the home and that is my main concern.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

We have always been impressed by the level of care provided in both health and personal well being.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

I have family members whom work with the team at Belamacanda and I thoroughly enjoy getting involved at Christmas parties and Summer Fetes etc. I work in care myself and am always incredibly impressed by the staff's passion for their work at Belamacanda.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Warm welcome on visits and wonderful help on the telephone on my weekly calls to my niece. This is a very valuable way to stay in regular contact as I live a distance away. I have a great respect and praise to all the staff who make extra activities e.g holidays, days out etc possible for the residents. I thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 07 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your comments.

I am always amazed at the freedom they have. People in their own rights. I also like the camaraderie that goes between residents and staff there are lots of banter and laughter.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 05 Apr 2016:

Freedom and independence are paramount, thank you for your lovely comments.

I love it here, we have lots of entertainment and plenty to do with day classes and karaoke once a month, and I am able to visit my family at weekends.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I am so pleased you are enjoying your time at Belamacanda.

I am happy here, good meals, nice friends and I can come and go when I please. I use the homes transport. I also have a lovely room.

How likely would you be to recommend Belamacanda? Extremely Likely

Leon Smith, Regional Manager at Belamacanda responded to this review on 02 Apr 2016:

Thank you John, lovely comments!
I am glad that Belamacanda is a place you are proud to call home.

Submit a Review for Belamacanda

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

November 2009

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belamacanda