Ashley Arnewood Manor

32 Ashley Road, New Milton BH25 6BB

Ashley Arnewood Manor is an exclusive privately owned residential care home offering a distinctive environment for person-centred care of the elderly and those requiring specialised dementia care.

Ashley Arnewood Manor is a Grade 2 listed, 17th Century Manor House, standing in its own tranquil surroundings. It is located close to New Milton town centre and all local amenities, only a short distance from both the New Forest and the seaside allowing easy access for friends and family.

A homely atmosphere and friendly, caring staff provide 24-hour care to fulfil individual needs and requirements, with comfort and well-being at the heart of everything they do.

Potential residents are encouraged to spend a day before making a final decision without incurring any costs.

Owner: Scofil Ltd

Person in charge: Paul Abbott (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages 65+. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Hindi, Slovak

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £750 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £650 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Ashley Arnewood Manor to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Stairlift • Gardens for residents • Residents Internet Access

Ashley Arnewood Manor is Located on Ashley Road in New Milton but the car park is accessed from Highbury Close.

Visitors wishing to meet with a specific person should make arrangements directly with them. The manager is on site and available Monday to Friday. Residents are encouraged to welcome visitors at any time.

There is ample off road parking at Ashley Arnewood Manor.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashley Arnewood Manor: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Ashley Arnewood Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashley Arnewood Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.651 for Ashley Arnewood Manor is calculated as follows: ( (116 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.651

The 4.25 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashley Arnewood Manor is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 4 Target = 0.750

8.9 Ashley Arnewood Manor has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.901) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Ashley Arnewood Manor

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My experience of Ashley Arnewood has always been excellent. The staff are hardworking and always friendly. At times they have a difficult time with the elderly, but always show how professional they are. The senior carer has been superb with my Aunt and makes her feel extra special. If I had to go into a house I would feel very happy to go to Ashley Arnewood.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

Paul Abbott, Registered Manager at Ashley Arnewood Manor responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you so much for your kind review, we value the feedback we receive and this helps us to evaluate our services.

My husband has been a resident since February 2017. He is well cared for by considerate and caring staff and management, for which I am very pleased. I have no concerns. I am pleased to recommend Ashley

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

Paul Abbott, Registered Manager at Ashley Arnewood Manor responded to this review on 20 Dec 2017:

Dear Ann
Thank you for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.

Such a lovely clean and friendly care home where I am greeted warmly when arriving to take clients out and about. The staff are very professional as well as having an added quality of seeming very relaxed giving a real homely environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

My mum feels safe and secure and the standard of care is brilliant.
The staff treat mum with great care and preserve her dignity at all times.
The staff and management are happy and helpful at all times and keep me informed at all times.
I cannot speak highly enough of Ashley Arnewood Manor.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

My mum is in this rest home and she has her issues.
The staff here are very good, they let me know when she has an episode.
They are very encouraging and well organised in dealing with her.
They call me to update me on any information.
She stays in bed most of the time now.
The staff go up and keep an eye on her.
They do get her up and we made the decision if they're happy for her to stay in bed, but they will do their best to get her up.
(A little stubborn my mum!)

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

I found it difficult at first when I arrived for a few days, but when I got used to it at Arnewood Manor it proved satisfactory. The staff were excellent and done all they could to help me during the seven weeks I was here.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

My 94-year-old mother was against any form of care. Suffering from dementia it was a constant worry to me. She has settled very well at Arnewood Manor. Her words were "staff are lovely, food very good, nice room, comfortable bed, staff cannot do enough for you".
She has only been there for a couple of months. I have no worries about her being there. I pop in regularly and she spends a couple of afternoons at my home, never reluctant to return.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

My mother is very happy at Ashley Arnewood Manor it could do with updating but the standard of care, the staff and the food are excellent. My mother's dementia is progressing which is extremely upsetting for us as a family to witness, however, the staff keep us informed at all times and go the extra mile to keep her safe. She has had issues with falling which they try to address and think of different ways to avoid this! I would like to see more activities and stimulus as I feel my mother has become somewhat institutionalised but that may well be dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

This is a small care home with very caring staff. Not all the rooms are en-suite which is not good in this 'day and age'. The food is of a good standard. My mother is suffering from dementia and she can be difficult and the staff cope well in the circumstances.
Many of the residents spend many hours sleeping so this care home may not be suitable for a mentally active person but the staff do try to interest residents in activities where possible. On the whole, I can recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Likely

Jo Aitken, Manager at Ashley Arnewood Manor responded to this review on 11 Aug 2016:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we value every review as this, along with our annual quality assurance, allows us to focus our efforts in making the improvements which will be most beneficial to those living at Ashley Arnewood Manor.
Our activity co-ordinator is working with everybody to ensure that there is plenty to do and that entertainment is of a good standard and our maintenance team are working hard to keep the home looking it's best and updating the rooms and the communal areas, one at a time.
We endeavour to charge the most competitive prices for the service we provide and this is regularly reviewed and compared with similar local homes.
Once again, thank you for the review and for the positive feedback which the team so values.

My Aunt has received very kind and attentive treatment during her residency. The staff are always very helpful and attentive towards my Aunt. Any special requests made by my Aunt are always communicated to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Likely

Jo Aitken, Manager at Ashley Arnewood Manor responded to this review on 05 Aug 2016:

We are always delighted to receive feedback and will pass these comments on to the whole team.

Our Activity Co-ordinator and external entertainers work with all of our Residents to develop a range of activities to suit all tastes so will make special mention to them.

We are currently working our way around the building and grounds, decorating and freshening up all of the rooms and communal spaces in order to provide the best possible aesthetics for our Residents home.

We hope you continue to be happy with the care that is given to your Aunt.

My parents, (sadly my father passed away March 2015) moved in 2012. Since day one they have been cared for with patience, consideration, affection and kindness. The home is clean, does not smell and staff are always available and willing to assist. Food is home cooked on site, is varied and excellent with choices at each meal.
My mother's hair and nails are done regularly and she is always dressed smartly. I couldn't give better care if she were able to live with me. Whenever I visit I find her happy and I couldn't wish for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

The home is always clean an fresh. Staff are wonderful- ready and willing to assist and eager to please. They care for the residents as if they are family. Everyone is dressed well and always well presented. Food is excellent - cooked on site and always and always fresh and varied. Residents are encouraged to be as physically and mentally active as possible and personal choices are considered at all times. the home is well supported by local doctors, health visitors, church visitors, volunteers and entertainers. Standards are extremely high but a feeling of "home"is maintained.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

My aunt moved in on the 25th Nov 2014. She was greeted well and made to feel welcome. Her room was excellent with all she needed and was and has always been clean and tidy. The staff are always very helpful and make time to see she has all she needs, when she needs it. The food is excellent and if it is something she cannot eat or does not like they will provide alternatives. They have good entertainment and activities as well as hair and nails. The lounge is very comfortable and clean and the dining area has very pleasing views over a well kept garden which they use when weather permits. I go at all different times and have never found it different and I am always asked if I would like tea or coffee, I think it is the best I have been to.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Arnewood Manor? Extremely Likely

I have always found the home to be very homely, very good food served to the residents, very caring staff. My father has been looked after in an excellent manner. Staff are very polite and always have the time to answer questions if you have any, they are also excellent with keeping me informed of matters when and if they arise.

Submit a Review for Ashley Arnewood Manor

posted 17 May 2018

We have lovely bright, airy first floor rooms with a shared bathroom. All first floor rooms are accessible by stair lift if required.We have a ground floor room available.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ashley Arnewood Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashley Arnewood Manor