Borovere, Alton, Hampshire

Borovere is situated in the historic market town of Alton, Hampshire, providing high quality residential care in a charming ‘home from home’ to older ladies and gentlemen.

Set in its own beautifully landscaped gardens Borovere provides the perfect mix of a tranquil location and easy access to all the amenities of the nearby town centre. During the summer months residents enjoy the peace and quiet of the stunning gardens where the occasional steam train can be viewed passing by.

The mostly en-suite bedrooms are bright and airy, each tastefully furnished and decorated. Residents are encouraged to bring in personal items such as pictures, ornaments and small items of furniture.

A regular programme of activities is organised with fun and engaging pursuits provided daily. The home has strong links with the local community, ensuring a regular stream of interesting guests and entertainers.

On duty 24 hours a day, the home’s dedicated multi-disciplined team, provides high quality care to meet individual resident’s requirements. As part of the home’s commitment to best practice, all staff receive ongoing training in every aspect of the care of older people.

All residents’ views, choices and preferences contribute to the daily running of their home. Regular residents meetings ensure that all the wishes of the residents are met. Carers recognise that residents have differing tastes and pleasures, and an award winning chef caters for each and every one as an individual.

Borovere is owned and operated by Greensleeves Care, a ‘not for profit’ charitable organisation providing care and accommodation for older people.

Group: Greensleeves Care

Person in charge: Karen Shepperdson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Care needs assessments needs to be completed. Ages 60+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Borovere: click here

posted 06 Nov 2017

One en-suite room available. Please contact us to arrange a visit.

7.9 Borovere has a Review Score of 7.9 (7.928)

The Review Score of 7.9 (maximum of 10) for Borovere is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Borovere in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.2 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.761 for Borovere is calculated as follows: ( (37 Excellents x 5) + (7 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 46 Ratings = 4.761

The 3.167 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Borovere is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 6 Target = 0.167

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Borovere?

Reviewer Connection to Borovere

A very happy experience both from a professional point of view from my own happy time and also seeing the sensitive care taken both from a new comers point of view and my own personal view as a long time resident. My climax was my recent birthday to which all residents were invited by me. It was the happiest birthday of my life. Enjoying myself with what I now regard as my family including of course our care management and staff lovely well qualified people.

How likely would you be to recommend Borovere? Extremely Likely

My mother resided in Borovere, Alton for 15 months, and was very well looked after. She regularly said "they do look after me well and are very kind". She was always warm and clean, well fed and entertained with a variety of games and quizzes.
There was a range of outside people bringing further entertainment by the way of animals from a local farm, goats, piglets, ducks, donkeys etc. A garden centre brought in seeds and compost for planting and re-potting plants. Those residing that could were taken out to visit local attractions or the seaside towns.
All in all, a fine place for my 96-year-old mother to end her days - thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Borovere? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for 18 months and has excellent care. The staff always treat her with respect and kindness. We can visit at any time and are always welcomed. I have taken my young grandson on a number of occasions and all the residents enjoy seeing us. We even are welcome to join in with the activities. It feels like we are part of a family and I have absolutely no worries about the care my Mum receives, even from the cleaners and handyman. Everything is done in the best interests of the residents with love. Some of the building is a bit tired but we looked at a number of homes before choosing Borovere and we are so pleased that we chose it and are confident that we had made the right decision. I am sad that we will no longer be part of this 'family' and will go back to say hello for their open day and if I am passing. A big thank you to everyone at Borovere for all the care they have given my Mum. I know that no one else could have done a better job.

How likely would you be to recommend Borovere? Extremely Likely

My mother of 93 had lived at Borovere for 7 years and was very happy. She had a lovely room with all her personal photos and belongings. She really felt this was her home. During the last few months she had to be cared for in bed but was still given the dignity and respect as before. Her end of life care was exemplary and the support that my sisters and I received from all the staff was excellent. I was always made welcome by members of staff and enjoyed my visits very much.

Submit a Review for Borovere

Karen

Karen Shepperdson

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2015

My name is Karen Shepperdson, prior to becoming the Home manager at Borovere I was the Deputy Manager, this I believe gave me a good insight into what makes a good care home “tick”.

At Borovere our aim is to make living in this beautiful home a positive experience. Every one that walks through our doors is a priority for me, not only for the new resident but also for their family and friends. I have an open door approach for everyone, whether it be residents/families or staff, or just someone dropping in to see what we are all about.

I sit in on daily meetings relating to the residents and their needs, I work alongside the senior team and cover shifts when needed, this makes a welcome change from being office-bound!
We continue to be ambassadors for the Eden Alternative, empowering residents to make decisions about the way they live and actively looking for ways to keep their identity alive.

Above all I want Borovere to continue being the home where people feel listened to, feel safe to discuss their concerns or just where they can feel comfortable, and where staff want to work.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Borovere