A Woodlands House

4 St Winefrides Road, Littlehampton BN17 5NL

A Woodlands House is a fourteen capacity Littlehampton care home, offering a comfortable interior and pleasant surroundings ideal for a relaxing retirement and sensitive mental health.

Woodlands specialises in dementia care, with experience permanent full time, qualified carers ( employed for up to twenty years at Woodlands!) who are skilled in allowing people to be the best they can without the use of behavioural medication.

The home protects the dignity and general well-being of all in involved, at present sourcing fresh and local produce to not only achieve an excellent menu but also to give the maximum benefits of outstanding nutrition.

Owner: Oonagh Cacioppo

Person in charge: Oonagh Cacioppo (Owner/Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 14 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £700 – £800 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact A Woodlands House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on A Woodlands House: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for A Woodlands House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for A Woodlands House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.864 for A Woodlands House is calculated as follows: ( (115 Excellents x 5) + (16 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 132 Ratings = 4.864

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for A Woodlands House is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 2.8 positive Reviews (14 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 2.8 Target Reached = 1

9.9 A Woodlands House has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.864) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend A Woodlands House?

Reviewer Connection to A Woodlands House

• Great-Niece of Resident/Service User

My aunt was resident for two years and throughout that time, she was treated with the utmost dignity and respect. Nothing was too much trouble for the polite staff, cheerful and attentive to her needs. Various activities served to occupy each day with purpose. I visited weekly and was always made welcome, offered drink and homemade cakes and given the opportunity to have a private conversation with my aunt. The staff always answered any of my questions and kept me informed of her personal needs.
The house was clean, comfortable and well equipped and the garden was easily accessible and the residents used it. My aunt broke her hip but the staff were most insistent that she return to the home, a tremendous effort was made to ensure her comfort. Towards the end of her life, my aunt needed encouragement to eat and the staff were totally understanding. I was kept well informed of her decline in health and at her death, both my aunt and I were treated with the utmost dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

I've visited many care homes whilst attempting to place three elderly relatives and Woodlands is one of the very few to inspire me with confidence from the very start. Manager and staff are always warm and welcoming and immediately responsive to any queries or concerns, my mother is very much treated as an individual and enabled to live as independently as possible whilst keeping her safe. In just two months she is already much fitter and more confident, walking more securely and even enjoying her knitting again - far more than I expected after months in hospital and self-neglect.
I'd also like to commend the manager and staff on their care for myself - it's not easy operating in a parent's "best interests" when she doesn't see the situation the same way and I am always reassured when I discuss my worries. I believe choosing a care home is very similar to choosing a school for your children and my advice is to go with your gut feelings: that's why I chose A Woodlands House for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

I visit A Woodlands House whenever I want to and with no warning. I am always greeted very warmly and I come away completely happy with how my mother is.
She smiles readily at the staff, proof enough to know that she is treated kindly. She is always relaxed, well fed, clean and happy. They know that she likes to sleep in so she is never hurried to get up. She is encouraged to join in with activities and given the help she needs. They laugh and joke with her and get as much interaction as they can from someone with late stage Alzheimer's. I am always informed immediately of any changes in her health and that they have called a doctor if necessary. I am given the opportunity to be there if I want and always given an immediate update.
I cannot recommend enough to others who are in the situation I was in a year ago of reluctantly having to find a home for a loved parent with dementia, not knowing how to begin, A Woodlands House is your answer. I know that she is safe and happy. I do not worry about her at all.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

We were faced with the very difficult situation of needing to move our elderly aunt from her care home which could no longer meet her needs. We were extremely worried about how we would find somewhere that could cope with a lady suffering with anxiety and vascular dementia. When we visited A Woodlands House, our worries disappeared.
From the initial visit to our aunt settling into the community, we could not have asked for more. All the members of staff have gone out of their way to support both our aunt and the family. We are regularly updated by phone and feel confident that A Woodlands House offers the best possible dignified environment for people living with dementia.
The standard of care is exemplary and the depth of understanding of how to meet the needs of people living with dementia is impressive. The house is run as a home in the best sense of the world, providing care, stimulation and security. We thoroughly recommend A Woodlands House.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

The standard of care for my sister is excellent she is very well cared for and I would highly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

After visiting a number of possible homes for my father, we settled on this one. Why? From the first visit, this was a friendly and caring place where the staff appeared to be more like friends with the residents. The atmosphere is homely and unlike many others, it is calm, peaceful and relaxing to be in. When visiting I am always greeted with a smile and offered tea/coffee and cake as part of the visit. Without exception, my father has appeared clean and tidy, and I generally visit at short notice without informing the home I am coming. Small details like hair and nails are always satisfactory, and considering his condition, my father is remarkably content with the world and says that the 'people who look after him' are very kind.
The home is kept very clean and tidy, doesn't smell of 'old people', and is decorated and furnished in a way that makes someone of my father's generation quite comfortable. I am very pleased that he will spend his last days being well cared for and content.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

Small home with only 16 residents. It has a homely feel and is very well presented and furnished. Calm atmosphere with caring and attentive staff who were always welcoming and accommodating to me as a relative.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

I am extremely happy with the care my dad receives at Woodlands House. It is a small very homely care home. My dad has been in the home coming up for a year now. The doctor is called if he has been unwell and I am always kept well informed of his well being. Food is beautiful. The home is kept spotless and my dad is always well groomed. I feel they are excellent and am so happy I found them.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the care my husband is receiving. Woodlands House are very caring and always helpful. My husband has been there for nearly a year now, he is always clean and well fed. The standard of food is excellent cooked fresh on the premises. The home is always clean and well kept. I can visit at anytime and am always made welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

Mum was admitted to this specialist dementia care home one year ago following ill health at home and a hospital stay. She has improved incredibly since being at Woodlands House, they have gone to the trouble of getting liquid meds and ensuring that mum takes them. She can wander into the garden when the weather is good. Following a fall and hip operation recently Woodlands took mum back and she is quite content and doing as well as can be expected with progressing dementia. The carers and staff are brilliant and most have been there for some years.

How likely would you be to recommend A Woodlands House? Extremely Likely

When my mother went to live at Woodlands House in October last year, she was depressed, underweight, no appetite and very anxious. Since being in the home she has become so contented. She loves the company and always hugs and kisses all the care workers before we go out anywhere. She is also very happy to go 'home'. The meals she receives are all home cooked and she obviously loves them as she has put on weight and eats very well there. We are welcome to visit at any time without notice and always made to feel welcome. As a family we know mum is safe, secure and happy which has made a huge difference, not just to mum's life, but to all our lives.

I cannot praise Woodlands House more highly.

Submit a Review for A Woodlands House

posted 13 Apr 2018

LARGE bedroom en suite beautiful room overlooking garden. TV Telephone and WiFi available.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for A Woodlands House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at A Woodlands House