Florence House

Westfield Road, Ramsey, Huntingdon PE26 1JR

Owner: Mrs A J David

Person in charge: A J David (Owner/Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £700 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Florence House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Florence House: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Florence House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Florence House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.642 for Florence House is calculated as follows: ( (112 Excellents x 5) + (47 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 165 Ratings = 4.642

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Florence House is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 4 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Florence House has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.642) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Florence House?

Reviewer Connection to Florence House

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Stepson of Resident/Service User

I would not hesitate to recommend this residence to any potential service user. Living in Australia and having family in the UK is always a challenge but knowing that my Mother was being extremely well looked after in her later years at Florence House was heart warming and helped ease the worry for me knowing that she was well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Jenita David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 23 Jan 2018:

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure to have known and looked after your mother. I shall pass on your kind comments to the staff.

My mother was warmly welcomed by all the different staff members who soon got her settled into her own room which is warm and comfortable and her own photos placed etc to make it look very familiar to her previous flat. I feel sure that my mother is happy and contented with her new surroundings and she now has the added benefit of being regularly checked on through the day and night as well as daily contact with other residents in the day room where she can either simply relax or take part in any activities if she wishes. The staff encourage my mother to use her walking frame as much as possible and this has generally helped get her going again.
Despite my mother having only been at Florence House for just over a month, myself and my family are very pleased with the overall care my mother is now receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Likely

I think the level of care is excellent. The staff are so friendly and are always ready to answer any concerns you may have. Overall I find it a nice friendly atmosphere and very homely. I would recommend it to anyone.

J David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 18 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking time to review us. It is always good to know the comments about our staff as the management relies on the staff all the time.

My father has been in Florence House for a year now. The staff always take into account his needs and his care have been exemplary. He is always treated with dignity. It is small and this makes the difference. The staff know each resident as an individual. I can fully recommend Florence House.

J David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 04 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking time to review our home. It gives great pleasure to our staff to know that your father had been well looked after and you were very happy with his care.

I am very impressed by the standard of care, cleanliness and food hygiene in the home. The staff are friendly competent and caring. There is a happy atmosphere and many activities for my mother. The care home has created a safe and caring environment and my mother is very happy and well cared for.

Mrs David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 15 Dec 2017:

I am pleased to know that you are happy with your mother's care. Thank you so much for taking time to complete the survey which helps us to improve further.

This is a small privately run home which maintains high standards ensuring the staff are well trained, they are all friendly and nothing is too much trouble. There is a lot of interaction between them and the residents, each of whom is treated as an individual with dignity while their likes and dislikes are well known and catered for. Everything is done to ensure their comfort and they are free to choose their own lifestyle and take their meals where it suits them. Tasty food is prepared freshly on-site and alternatives are catered for, I can vouch for it as I sometimes join my wife for lunch. She has dementia so can at times be difficult but the staff are well able to cope resulting in a very happy resident who has no desire to leave. GPs visit as required while eye tests, hairdressing and pedicure are all available by arrangement. There is an activities co-ordinator who relates well to the residents and tries to engage as many as possible in all sorts of daily activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Jenita David, Provider/manager at Florence House responded to this review on 05 Dec 2017:

Thank you so much for the review and we shall pass this to all my staff to keep up the wonderful job they are doing.

We visited my stepmother and were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and kindness we were met with. It was very obvious that my stepmother felt accepted and well treated by the staff. The staff were very interactive with the residents and it was clear they knew them well and treated them accordingly and with respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Likely

If you ever imagine your perfect care/retirement home I am sure it features warm and welcoming staff who are efficient and kind, home cooked, well-presented meals, comfortable beds and chairs and the realisation that your needs are being met and the staff are there to help you.
If these are your wishes the look no further than Florence House, Ramsey.
This small (20 rooms) home is family run where their motto should be 'we will try our best to meet all your needs and requests'.
My husband and I went there on an emergency basis. I was his full-time carer and had fallen and fractured my knee cap.
Our son found Florence House and despite our sudden arrival, my husband's favourite drink, diet coke, was already on hand for him.
I followed a day later and was truly touched by how kind and gentle the staff were with handling my leg.
I must add that behind the warm atmosphere there is a very well run business. Doctors are called in when necessary, prescriptions are collected and medicines are strictly distributed.
On my several hospital appointments, ambulance transport was arranged and when I returned to Florence House I was met with an offer of coffee or a sandwich if I had missed lunch.
A five-star experience all round.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Without a doubt, Florence House gives its residents the best possible lifestyle under the careful attention of trained staff. It offers many choices with regards its meals which can be eaten alone in the room or with others in the dining room. It caters for any menu choices i.e vegetarian. The residents each have control of their lifestyle.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Jenita David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 12 Jun 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you are happy with the care that is received and the choices on offer.

Despite the fact that my elderly mother died in Florence House I believe she was as comfortable there in her final weeks as she has ever been. I cannot imagine a more homely setting. She was treated with care, compassion and dignity, but she was also treated as an individual, which was not easy as her dementia occasionally made her difficult to cope with at times.

The home is not run on rigid lines. If she felt like a lie-in or was feeling tired and wanted to go back to bed after lunch, the staff would help her to do just that. It was as close to being in her own home and being in charge of her own life as possible, with the reassurance that people who wanted the best for her were around to make sure she didn't come to any harm.

The standard of care was already high and the introduction of an activities co-ordinator has raised the standard even higher.

Home-made food and lovely carers. I want to move in there myself and I'm only in my fifties!

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Jenita David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 31 May 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad your mum was happy here.

The manager runs an extremely caring residential home. The staff are compassionate and friendly. My mother was well cared for and happy during her stay at the home. I would have no hesitation in recommending Florence House to other people.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

Jenita David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 19 May 2017:

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have cared for and known your mother. It means a lot to our staff to know they provided a good service and that they cared well for your mother.

Florence House cared for my Dad as if he was their relative. All the staff are so caring. Very clean, lovely rooms, activities arranged and freshly prepared food. I would highly recommend Florence House.

How likely would you be to recommend Florence House? Extremely Likely

My mother had been a resident at Florence House for well over three years and was warmly welcomed by the owners and all their wonderful kind staff.
Over the time of her stay she was given excellent care and attention by all. The owners are truly dedicated to making all the residents comfortable and happy in their surroundings. Florence House is a very clean, warm, welcoming and happy home.
We we always be grateful for the compassionate care given during the last weeks of my mothers life with all the staff doing everything possible to make her comfortable and happy, whilst maintaining her dignity.
We would thoroughly recommend Florence House to anyone looking for residential care for a loved one.

A J David, Manager at Florence House responded to this review on 20 Jun 2016:

Thank you Mr West for the feedback. Your mother was a wonderful and kind lady. She will be in our memories for a long time.

We have recently moved to Devon and to minimise the stress, worry and concern to my 91 year old Mother, we arranged for her to go to Florence House on a respite basis. She was naturally nervous and extremely worried to go to a care home, with thoughts of how they used to be many years ago.

However the care, compassion and wonderful service that was afforded right from arrival to departure was exemplary.

The home was clean, the carers superb, the food and facilities excellent.

Very quickly my Mother's feelings turned from worry into joy, as she felt safe & secure and was was warm & cared for.

She said that she most certainly recommend Florence House to everyone that she spoke to,

I could not fault Florence House in anyway and all that I can say is that if you have an elderly relative looking for residential care and support or simply short term respite, then please do not hesitate to contact the Manager at Florence House, I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Submit a Review for Florence House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Florence House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Florence House