Mary Chapman Court

28 Mary Chapman Close, Dussindale, Norwich NR7 0UD

Mary Chapman Court is a comfortable residential care service for thirty-two residents, located in a pleasant residential area of Norwich and staffed by a team of talented carers.

A homely environment is ideal for service users to achieve a comfortable retirement, while having their personal freedoms respected in pursuing as active and fulfilling a daily lifestyle as they wish.

Respite and convalescent care are also available from Mary Chapman Court, as well as palliative services where required.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Rachel McLean (Interim Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 34 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Spanish; Castilian, Polish, Romanian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mary Chapman Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Mary Chapman Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mary Chapman Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.714 for Mary Chapman Court is calculated as follows: ( (114 Excellents x 5) + (36 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 154 Ratings = 4.714

The 4.338 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mary Chapman Court is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 6.8 positive Reviews (34 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 6.8 Target = 0.588

9.1 Mary Chapman Court has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.052) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mary Chapman Court?

Reviewer Connection to Mary Chapman Court

My mother has spent around five weeks convalescing at Mary Chapman Court. The Kindness, care and professionalism of ALL staff have been exemplary.
Senior management, nursing staff, carers, cleaners, cooks, maintenance and grounds staff all take pride in the service they deliver. An ordinary home from home providing an extraordinary level of support.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

Since my mother has been resident at Mary Chapman Court, she has been made very welcome, staff helping her to settle in the home, encouraging her, making friends and feeling safe and cared for.
She always remarks on how well they care for her and since being a resident she takes part in some activities and it's lovely to see her sing and join in with staff and other residents.
Nothing is too much trouble and the home looks after all needs, giving myself and siblings peace of mind she is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

The care which my uncle has received at Mary Chapman Court in Norwich has been first class. This care home is what most people would inspire to stay in. The staff are very professional, caring and approachable. My uncle has been treated with the utmost dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

Mary Chapman Court provides a safe, personal and caring home for my mum.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and are helpful in every way.
They have gotten to know mum very well and she is treated with respect and as an individual.
Whilst my father was there following a hospital stay, they cared for him well and were extremely helpful and empathetic on his death in August.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

The care received by my mother in Mary Chapman Court was very good throughout her three and a half years of residence. But I was particularly impressed during mums last few weeks when she was in end of life care. The staff were invariably kind, thoughtful and patient, making mum as comfortable as she could possibly be. I personally felt very well supported on the day that mum died.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

I am extremely well cared for in a pleasant environment - great attention is paid to my well-being. Everyone goes about their duties in a quiet, professional manner, my visitors all remark on the welcome they too receive from staff and they are very taken with my room. Cleanliness is paramount and I'm always greeted with smiles from the management and staff. There are lots of activities and we are consulted and have a voice in what is to our advantage. I know I cannot look after myself and am very happy and made to feel special.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

You will go a long way to get a better home than this. Staff, food and entertainment also.
The care the staff give is fantastic.
This home is very good and I can say that the staff are great and the care they have given Mum and Dad has been great.
I would recommend this home to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

Have always found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Mum seems to be looked after well and treated with respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Likely

My mother became a resident mid-December 2016. I was apprehensive but to date, everything has gone well. The home is staffed by dedicated and caring people - Mother has been treated with respect and as an individual. Food is very good and they will for any special requirements.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

Today myself, and a colleague visited an elderly friend currently residing here after being discharged from the hospital. I can honestly say I was blown away. The cleaning standards throughout the property were extremely high. All staff were friendly and approachable with a strong work ethic and dedicated to providing a high quality care to their residents. A genuine empathy was shown to all and it was clear all the staff loved their jobs and had strong emotional connections with all residents. The atmosphere was really homely and I felt like I was visiting a friend in their home rather than a care home. I can not speak highly enough of this care home and I would feel happy for this home to provide care to a loved one if this was ever necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

I am very happy here. All the staff are professional, polite and caring - my needs are all catered for very well. Medical care is readily available. We are pampered i.e. manicures, pedicures and hairdressing. Clothes are always clean and our bodies are always clean. Any skin blemish is attended to immediately. The room has its own private patio with table and chairs and lovely gardens. I have nothing but praise.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

Mum chose to come to you for respite care because she was constantly tired, and unable to grieve for the loss of Dad who died at the end of April. She had been reluctant to consider going into a home because she was so independent. From the moment we walked in, she relaxed. Staff were consistently kind, caring, paid attention to her and all the small details. She decided to stay but quickly deteriorated. When it became clear she was dying, staff swung into action to care for the whole family. Mum was safe and secure, and we were all treated with love and dignity. Chef went out of his way to ensure we were fed during the long hours we sat with Mum. We could not have chosen a kinder, more caring place for Mum and I cannot thank the staff enough for all that they did for all of us.

You cannot put a price on how much we valued all that staff did for Mum, and us, as a family. With heartfelt thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Mary Chapman Court? Extremely Likely

My Mum went to Mary Chapman for respite - a break for her and rest for my sister. We lost our Dad in April and it has been hard. From day one, Mum felt at home. But, she became so ill, so quickly. I cannot tell you how grateful we are to the whole team who have been amazing and cared for Mum so well. They have cared for me also.Truly an amazing environment.

Submit a Review for Mary Chapman Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mary Chapman Court