Trewartha House, St Ives, Cornwall

Trewartha is situated in the village of Carbis Bay, just outside the town of St Ives. Specialising in care for those requiring support with dementia and nursing needs, the team at Trewartha like to get to know who live there as well as family and friends.

Group: Cornwall Care Ltd

Person in charge: Julia Tyldesley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 37 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Trewartha House: click here

9.8 Trewartha House has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.845)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Trewartha House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Trewartha House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.899 for Trewartha House is calculated as follows: ( (215 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 238 Ratings = 4.899

The 4.946 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Trewartha House is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.4 positive Reviews (37 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 7.4 Target = 0.946

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Trewartha House?

Reviewer Connection to Trewartha House

Trewartha is an excellent care home. It is well run and the staff are caring and cheerful. Day to day, the care is considerate and kind, there are numerous activities and events which enriches the resident's experience. My mother is very happy there and this reassures me as I live 4hours away.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

Like everyone, I would like the best available care for my ageing mother who has dementia. Having visited many homes, I feel that in Trewartha House my mother would be getting the best that could be offered. My impressions of the home were outstanding with caring, happy staff in nice surroundings offering a complete care package.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

We visited the home when looking for a placement for my husband and immediately felt at home. The place is calm, clean and extremely friendly. It is run like clockwork and the residents are all calm and happy. The staff can't do enough for you and they take pride in all they do. My husband has been a resident for just over a week and already there is a vast improvement in him physically as he can walk aided and with a Zimmer frame. I really cannot praise this home enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

Trewartha House has looked after our dad for about 9 weeks and me and my family are really over the moon for him to be there. He has dementia and they are so patient and kind with him. I would recommend the home and each and every staff member are lovely and most of all, dad is really happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

Trewartha House has a lovely calm atmosphere.
Visitors are always greeted with a smile and the offer of a cup of tea.
The staff, without exception, are loving and friendly and residents are treated with respect and dignity.
The management are great and will always find time to chat and reassure and answer any questions. There seems to be plenty of activities for the residents and outdoor trips in the summer.
I would happily recommend Trewartha House.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

I have the highest praise for the management and staff at this care home. Nothing is too much trouble and they are a caring and thoughtful team.
When my husband was suddenly taken ill, I was phoned immediately and the situation was dealt with in a calm, professional manner.
There are always lots of activities planned to enrich the residents'well-being, and the staff encourage residents to participate as much as they want to.
My husband has settled in quickly and I feel happy knowing he is so well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

I am very happy in the way the home and staff look after my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident in Trewartha for eight years. Trewartha became my family. The care, love, fun, support from all the staff is 24/7. The respect they have for the residents is amazing. My mum had the best eight years there. They took her out on weekly excursions. the home always had fun entertainment. I have already booked my room there! It is truly a family feel home.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

I find Trewartha House very pleasant, friendly and very homely indeed. My father has lived here for several years now and I know he is very settled and happy, very well cared fo as are all the wonderful residents. Dad is always dressed well and in comfortable clothes and well groomed, he is eating well as the homemade meals and cakes are very good indeed. The staff are always approachable, friendly, caring and I can talk to them at any time if I have a query, also I'm not always well enough to visit but I do know and have peace of mind that the home would ring me if there were a problem and to have this is so very important.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

All I can say is it's all excellent!

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

This was the first time that my husband had accepted respite care- the experience would be critical for future care. My husband enjoyed every minute of his stay. The staff made him very comfortable and welcome, his fellow residents (some) were friendly. He would gladly repeat the experience- job done- thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

I am visiting my mother for the first time since she was admitted nine months ago (I live in America) and am impressed with Trewartha nursing home. The home is clean welcoming and the staff extremely welcoming. I have been in contact with the manager etc by phone and she is easy to talk to and has kept me informed along the way. My mother is happy and relaxed and looks healthier than I have ever seen her for many years. The care, love and attention that my mother receives from everyone is excellent and I am extremely happy that my mother has come to Trewartha to live out her golden years.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

We have visited our friend for over six years at all different times and have found the home, warm and welcoming, and all the staff, very helpful and friendly and kind, the sort of place you would happily place a loved one if the need ever arose.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed at Trewartha House for a weeks respite after falling and breaking her pelvis. From the moment we first entered the building we were all made to feel extremely welcome and my mother to view it as her home. All the staff were fantastic and made my mother feel very special and well cared for. I cannot rate Trewartha House highly enough. They more than go the extra mile not only to make their residents feel loved and cared for but also the relatives, as nothing is too much trouble and its so special to see your loved one being treated as perfectly as you would wish.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Trewartha House for some years and has severe dementia. The staff have always had tremendous patience and kindness even though she can be difficult at times. She also has a speech problem although living in Cornwall for most of her life, she reverted back to her native language (Dutch) at one stage but the staff still manage. Our family is very grateful for the attention given by the staff for my mother who was 93 last week and we feel lucky that she's in such a good home!

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at this home for over 4 years, she suffers from dementia and a number of medical conditions and will soon celebrate her 93rd birthday.
Throughout this time I have always found the staff to be helpful, approachable, willing to listen and responsive. Any problem is communicated quickly to me, and I am advised of actions that have, or will be taken, and the reason for the action. All staff work hard at keeping my mother safe, clean, well-fed and they work to meet her medical and social needs. Our family is reassured by our mothers presence in this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident at Trewartha for over three and a half years. We are very grateful to the management and staff for the consistent standard of excellent care. My father is always clean, comfortable and well turned out, this provides us with confidence and reassurance round the clock, seven days a week. The management team is truly excellent and lead with enthusiasm, calm and positivity. I think this helps all the staff to value their work and treat everyone with affection and dignity. The nursing care is also kind, professional and warm hearted. As a family we are so grateful!

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

I count my blessing daily when I see the care and attention my husband receives at the Trewartha Care Home. My husband has alzheimer's and he has been a resident in Trewartha for the past five years and not once, in all that time, have I ever had cause to complain about anything in connection with this home. The management and staff are second to none and in my opinion Trewartha is one of the best. Peace of mind is everything when a loved one is being cared for away from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

My mum and dad are both at Trewartha and are very well looked after. They are both very happy in very pleasant surroundings and great staff. I feel very welcome every time I visit and encouraged to join in with activities when they have them. I have no worries about my mum and dad being there, being able to take them out in to the two nice gardens they have and knowing the staff always give them their full attention. They also have some great events in the summer and around Christmas, including fetes, entertainers and lots of other people coming in, always plenty for the residents to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Trewartha House? Extremely Likely

I could not have wished for better care for my sister, who passed away on August 26th 2015. She was a patient at Trewartha from January 2015 and during that time she was treated with excellent care, respect and most of all - LOVE. As a family we were so impressed with not only the day to day attention to her needs, but also to the many little extras which meant so much to her and in turn to us. The staff of this home deserve a BIG thank you and are to be commended for what is not always an easy job.

Submit a Review for Trewartha House

Julia

Julia Tyledesley

Job Title: Manager

Looking after people has always come naturally to me and I’ve been working in care for 20 years.

My role varies on a day to day basis but my general duties are to support our residents’ wellbeing – this includes continual assessments and reviews with families and multidisciplinary teams

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Trewartha House