Royal Court

Fiddlers Green Lane, Cheltenham GL51 0SF

Royal Court provides all residents with their own individual purpose built flat, each of which has a large living room, kitchenette, bedroom, large en-suite bathroom and its own front door and entrance hall. (Flats can be provided either furnished or unfurnished). Some flats have two bedrooms so are suitable for couples or friends wishing to live together.

Staff provide three home-prepared meals a day and also the individual kitchenette in each flat mean that residents can if they wish, prepare snacks etc at any time.

Royal Court is also different not just because of the excellent quality of care provided but because the care team constantly focuses on ensuring that living at Royal Court is fun, fulfilling and that each resident feels fully supported but at the same time is able to be as independent as they wish. This is achieved by having a care team of exceptional people who constantly tailor the care they provide to every resident's individual needs and wishes.

Royal Court offers a full Day Care service, starting at 9am they offer a wide range of activities carefully tailored to each person's preferences, a home cooked hot lunch and refreshments and snacks throughout the day.

Group: Lilian Faithfull Care

Person in charge: Lesley Dowden (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Social Services funded, private residents and CHC funded. Ages 55+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Romanian

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £925 – £950 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Royal Court to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Please use GL51 0SF in sat-nav- Royal Court is two miles off M5 Junction 11

Any time 24 hours a day seven days a week.

Plenty of on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Royal Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Royal Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Royal Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.563 for Royal Court is calculated as follows: ( (84 Excellents x 5) + (54 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.563

The 4.833 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Royal Court is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target = 0.833

9.4 Royal Court has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.396) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Royal Court?

Reviewer Connection to Royal Court

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

Although my mother has dementia and doesn't understand where she is, I know she is sometimes happy and that she likes the staff. As a visitor, I am always made to feel welcome by all categories of staff, and over the past 3 years, I have consistently seen them demonstrate a caring attitude in sometimes challenging situations. Residents are clearly treated and respected as individuals.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

Royal Court ticks all the boxes where my brother is concerned. His health has improved due to nourishment and personal care and he has peace of mind someone is on hand if he falls ill. Mentally he is much happier, motivated with the activities on hand and always greets us with a big smile, as do all the staff, which is wonderful for us. I feel he's got an extended family.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

Royal Court provides excellent care and support to my father. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to other people seeking a safe and supportive environment to care for their family members.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

My brother has been well looked after for the last few years. He is very happy in his 'flat'. He used to enjoy the outings and activities. The staff are all very caring and kind. I have always found all staff to be helpful if I needed to ask anything. I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

I find the staff very friendly and cannot do enough for my mother, always popping in and having a chat whenever someone's there. Mum seems happy to be there and has settled in nicely. They have entertainment, days out, a garden they can sit in, a nice conservatory. The rooms are always clean. It's like a little flat. The resident has a separate bedroom and their own sitting room with a small kitchenette. Downstairs they have a communal sitting room with games, TV etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

I am generally very satisfied with Royal Court. The staff seem trained and keep me well informed. My mother is not easy to manage, but most of the time, she is well handled. I appreciate having the kitchenette in the flat - although the cutlery I keep bringing in and most of the cups keep going missing - the staff tell me they all go to the central dishwasher and never seem to come back! I am satisfied that my mother is safe there and there are lots of activities for her to partake in, should she wish to. Thank you for being so kind to both me and my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

I cannot thank the staff and praise them enough for their dedication above and beyond the call of duty in my aunt's final weeks. They arranged, between them, that she would never be on her own and someone was always holding her hand, reading to her, and playing music.

Their concern for both me and her brother (my father) was touching.

I sincerely hope that I am lucky enough to be looked after by them in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

The quality of the accommodation at Royal Court is far superior to many homes we have seen.
The staff are caring, cheerful and well managed. They always have time for you.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

Wonderful staff. Very caring and professional. When my mother went into care, my wife was working with the ambulance patient transport service and had a good knowledge of all the local care homes and rated Royal Court. It turned out to be better than we expected! We were always delighted with the care my mother received and this gave us great peace of mind. Accommodation is excellent too.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

I moved into this care home in September 2016 and have fully settled in. The staff helped me to adapt to the daily regime and I am quite happy with it. The staff are caring and interested in me as a person. As I am an insulin dependent diabetic, I rely on the staff to provide tablets and insulin injections which are given at the right time and in the correct dosage. The staff keep me informed of all activities going on in the house but currently, I do not attend these. The food can sometimes be bland but recently there has been an improvement. Meals are tailored to my diabetes but on some occasions, meals have not been delivered. This review is based on the 6 months I have resided here.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Likely

My mother spent her last ten months in Royal Court. She was paralysed and unable to talk as a result of a stroke. The staff were extremely caring and looked after Mum well, showing both affection and kindness. During my mother's last days the care was outstanding, both mum and the family were looked after. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff.

As my mother had problems swallowing, she could only eat pureed food so I cannot say we experienced the normal menu but what I saw (mostly tea-time) looked good. My mother was unable to take part in activities but there seemed to be a full and varied programme.

How likely would you be to recommend Royal Court? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Royal Court in June 2013 at the age of 95 and was cared for there until her death in June 2016. Within the home she had her own lounge, bedroom, shower room and kitchenette. Her clothes and bedding were washed every day. Her flat was cleaned every other day and carpets shampooed regularly. She had a choice of meals every day which were cooked to her liking. The staff are all pleasant, cheerful and caring and treated my mother with dignity and respect at all times.

Submit a Review for Royal Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Royal Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Royal Court