Pulsford Lodge

North Street, Wiveliscombe, Taunton TA4 2LA

Pulsford Lodge is located in the foothills of the Brendon and Quantock hills, a scenic environment to enjoy comfortable long-term accommodation, or respite care.

Together with a high standard of personalised care, the home supports an active lifestyle that embraces personal interests, for example arts and crafts, reminiscence, music and movement, life story activities, and a popular gardening club.

Staff are well-qualified and the service benefits from ongoing training to remain up to date with the latest developments in care.

Group: Somerset Care

Person in charge: Jo Fenn (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £950 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Pulsford Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Pulsford Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Pulsford Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Pulsford Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.849 for Pulsford Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (141 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.849

The 4.15 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Pulsford Lodge is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.400

9 Pulsford Lodge has a Review Score of 9 (8.999) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Pulsford Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Pulsford Lodge

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

I am very pleased with Pulsford Lodge. The environment and the care of my mother is very good. I have only praise for the home and all of its staff. They are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

The care given to all residents is amazing, very relaxed and happy home. Nothing is too much trouble and the home is kept very clean yet not clinical.
Having worked in elderly care myself for many years in various homes I feel Pulseford excels in both its care and environment. Since arriving in June 2017 my nan has been cared for so well that I can actually not be her carer but her granddaughter over for a cup of tea. Excellent activities and the food is great too.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father lived at Pulsford Lodge for six years before his death on 27th July 2017. On recollection, we could not have chosen a better care home for him to be in.
He was happy and all the staff whatever level were always kind and considerate and the care and attention he was afforded during his last few weeks were quite exceptional. A first class care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

I moved my mother from East Anglia when my step father died as my mother had dementia and I wanted her to enjoy her last years being spoilt. I viewed many care homes and Pulsford Lodge fitted the bill perfectly.
Mum had her hair done, her nails painted, regular reflexology and endless activities and social events. Mum was always cared for to a very high standard with regular updates from friendly staff who always showed the utmost respect and professionalism. It was not until Mum died in June this year that I realised what an amazing four years she had and what a fitting end to her life they provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

Outstanding care. The staff showed great love and respect for my mother. The way they dealt with her last few days was wonderful.
I would not hesitate to recommend Pulsford Lodge to anyone seeking a high-quality care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Pulsford Lodge for a year now, during which time she has received excellent care. I have been impressed by all aspects of the home, not least of which was the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the light and airy premises and the very pleasant dining room. Most importantly, my mother has been so content there and so well looked after that I would not hesitate to recommend Pulsford Lodge, a care home that really cares.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother moved here approximately ten weeks ago. My mother has settled very well and says everyone is extremely kind and patient. My mother has remarked of how the tables are set out, also the care and attention to detail - more like a hotel was her description. I have found both the management and staff very helpful on every aspect. They inform me if my mother is at all unwell or concerned about anything at all. I feel the care and attention cannot be improved upon. As a family, we are very happy that Mum feels secure, well cared for and loving her surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother came back to Pulsford Lodge after been in hospital with a broken hip and arm and although she still has difficulties getting up and down from her frame, the staff are so patient with her and encourage her all the time. I thought mum would go back in her shell and stay in her room all the time, but within a few days of being back, she was going to the dining room for lunch and then sitting in one of the lounges. I was very impressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

I know that my father has not made life easy for the team - but all contact (telephone calls, emails) have been professional and compassionate. Dad has put on weight and his clothing and general appearance has improved noticeably since he arrived at Pulsford. Visitors have always reported how well they are looked after and the facility to have guests for lunch is generous and appreciated. I received regular updates and I am in no doubt that dad is receiving the best possible care.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

My Aunt has been at Pulsford Lodge for several years now. She has always been looked after very well. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. They always let me know if they have the doctor in and there is a problem. If I had concerns about her I know that I could always go and discuss it with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

Pulsford Lodge continues to offer both physical and emotional care to both of my parents. They are very proactive, anticipating possible problems then performing effective solutions. All the staff appear to be involved with all residents. You can ask anyone a question and they always know the answer or know someone who does. Effective communication is obviously a high priority for them. They are in regular contact with us on days we are unable to visit and this provides us with reassurance.
We have highly recommended Pulsford Lodge to other families looking for care for their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

From my experience, I find Pulsford Lodge to be very clean, well run and staff extremely friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

I always enjoy my visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Pulsford Lodge? Extremely Likely

My gran required respite care at the home. From initial enquiry, the care and attention to detail has been great. The manager of the home is experienced and always available. Staff are polite and attentive. A care home manager myself I was looking for the best care home to place my gran and I found it, Pulsford Lodge.

Submit a Review for Pulsford Lodge

posted 17 May 2018

1 vacant room is situated on the first floor with ensuite shower facilities.1 room is situated on the ground floor with ensuite facilities. Both rooms are tastefully furnished enjoying beautiful views over the Exmoor and Quantock Hills.

Recipient: Somerset Care

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pulsford Lodge