Lyndon Croft Care Centre

144 Ulleries Road, Solihull B92 8ED

Lyndon Croft Care Centre is a purpose-built care home, in all single room accommodation with spacious en-suite bathrooms, registered to provide for fifty-two clients whose needs are associated with dementia.

Group: Prime Life Ltd

Person in charge: Karen Mayo (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Lyndon Croft Care Centre: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Lyndon Croft Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Lyndon Croft Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.76 for Lyndon Croft Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (165 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 204 Ratings = 4.76

The 4.577 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Lyndon Croft Care Centre is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target = 0.577

9.3 Lyndon Croft Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.337) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Lyndon Croft Care Centre

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

When my mother was discharged from hospital and became a resident of Lyndon Croft she was still recovering from a very bad water infection and suffering from dementia.The staff and the home are wonderful very caring and they work tirelessly to improve mom's health. Mom seems to be very content, happy and safe. We are very pleased. They make the resident and their family very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother has recently moved to a nursing home and the staff were sad to see her go. We will miss our visits to Lyndon Croft, where both staff and management are caring and welcoming. We would recommend Lyndon Croft to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The level of overall care is fantastic, with everything that has to be done they still notice the little things. Special attention is paid to the client's personality and interests and loved ones are made welcome and offered drinks.

I am happy and relieved to have found such a wonderful place for my dad, it is a weight off my find and off the minds of my family, knowing that he is so well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My sister has been a resident at Lyndon Croft since January 2015. Despite being diagnosed with vascular dementia she settled into Lyndon relatively well. She has lost mobility and understanding in the last two years. The staff at Lyndon have been very caring despite her incontinence. Their care for her comfort and hygiene have been consistently good.
I visit my sister every week (failing my health problems) and in the two and a half years, she has been there the standards have been excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Likely

All the staff know my mother and are always friendly and forthcoming with information about her. The staff are good at recognising her changing needs and my mother has very love levels of anxiety. The staff are diligent in offering food and drink to ensure proper hydration and nutrition. The management always have time to hear over views and discuss my mother

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a resident since October 2015. She has received a tremendous amount of support in a caring and reassuring environment. Mum appears content and is well cared for by friendly and approachable staff who are always willing to assist and provide homely, comfortable surroundings where she is treated with dignity and respect. The carers are sympathetic and supportive which is extremely reassuring through theses difficult and sometimes unsettling times.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Lyndon Croft since October 2013. She is very happy and settled at Lyndon Croft.
Staff are friendly, approachable and very supportive. Mum is well cared for and feels very safe and secure at Lyndon Croft.
Staff go out of their way to meet individual residents needs and support relatives at difficult times. Management is strong and the manager or her deputy are always on hand to answer questions or offer support.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Overall I feel the home is alright. However, the security I feel could be better as there is only one door and it's easy for residents to leave by. Activities is another area I feel that could be better. Overall, I am happy with the service compared to other homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Likely

We as a family found it very difficult to cope with the fact that our mother had to go into care and making the right decision as to where mom would live was extremely important. We viewed many homes but didn't feel that they met mom's needs until we viewed Lyndon Croft. On viewing the home, we witnessed that the residents seemed well cared for and the staff were very attentive.
Mom has lived at Lyndon Croft for over a year and we cannot fault the staff and the care they give. We have peace of mind knowing that she is safe and being properly looked after. Her room is an adequate size and is kept spotlessly clean. The meals look appetising, plentiful and judging by appearance, made with fresh ingredients.
I would recommend Lyndon Croft for all the reasons stated above, specifically for the care the staff give. They not only make sure the residents are well looked after, but also treat them with respect and ensure the resident's dignity is maintained at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My dad has been at Lyndon Croft since October 2016. It's an amazing home. The staff are so caring and so are the managers. My dad has settled in so well at the home. There is always activities happening. The food is fantastic. Both my sister and myself looked at other care homes and none of them came up to the standard of Lyndon Croft. It is always so clean there.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into this home last month. Out of several different homes I considered, this was by far the best and I have been very pleased with my choice.
All staff are always helpful, cheerful and professional and I know my mother is in good, safe hands.
I have been impressed with not only the care provided but also the range of activities and social interaction available.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My sister and I were upset when our mother was diagnosed with dementia and we were advised to look for 24 hour secure care. We feel so fortunate to have found Lyndon Croft Care Home. The kind care and attention our mother has received from the staff has been second to none.
They are "on the ball" and any health issues are identified and dealt with immediately. They operate an open door policy and the warm and happy atmosphere is a testament to the dedicated entire staffing team.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I don't live close to Lyndon Croft Care Centre, but when my sister first suggested it for our Mum, I had a look online and really liked what I saw in photos and what I read. Mum was a resident for a number of years. Every time I visited, the first thing I noticed was the lovely atmosphere! It is a happy and peaceful place. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and compassionate. Their genuine love and care for Mum was at times, quite overwhelming, especially in the last few weeks of her life. I'll always be grateful that Mum spent her last years here. To the Management and Staff, thank you so much!

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am writing this because my mum passes away in February 2017. She was a resident here for nearly 2 years. The staff here are amazing, they were mums other family. They looked after all her needs and could not do enough for her. The end of life care was brilliant, to mum and to us. I am glad she went here.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Although we as a family have only had praise for the management and care team who have cared for our mother over the past few years. We are full of gratitude towards them for the love, care and compassion we have all been shown as mum faced her end of life journey. No chore was ever too great and carers were always supportive carrying out menial and not so menial chores with great compassion and professionalism. Their friendly disposition was always welcome in dealing with the challenging issues we were facing and visits that could have been unpleasantly emotional were always turned around by them being there to support. There is a wonderful team of people at this centre, always ready to embrace the daily challenges they face.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you did for our mum and continue to do for other mums and dads.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Wonderful and helpful carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndon Croft Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My cousin was admitted to Lyndon Croft earlier this year and although to date I have only visited 3-4 times, I would like to say what a lovely atmosphere I noticed. The staff are so pleasant, friendly and always ready and willing to attend to any requests or queries.
The residents look well catered for. It must be such a relief to the residents families knowing how well cared for they are. I would highly recommend Lyndon Croft.

Submit a Review for Lyndon Croft Care Centre

posted 25 Apr 2018

Single room with full en-suite bathroom

Recipient: Prime Life Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lyndon Croft Care Centre