Field House, Stourbridge, Worcestershire
Field House, Stourbridge, Worcestershire

Field House really is 'a home with a difference'. Sitting in 10 acres of parkland overlooking the Clent Hills, Field House built in the 1750's offers a real home from home feel in a country house hotel style environment.

The care team have been described as 'incredible, 'extraordinary' and 'extremely loving'. Everyone strives to make living at Field House fun, fulfilling, relaxing and worry free. There are a wide range of activities which are tailored to the interests of each individual resident.

Catering and dining? Well please go and see the wonderful home cooked food that Paula and her team prepare - a veritable feast for the nose, eye and tongue!

Please visit the home at anytime and see the real difference that Field House offers.

Owner: Field House Residential Care Ltd

Person in charge: Dorothy Adams (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 54 Service Users

Admission Information: Private and Local Authority. Ages 50+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £480 – £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Field House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

from M5 follow Sandy Lane and then Stourbridge Road. Turn off Stourbridge Road onto Western Road 300 yards before roundabout with junction to Kidderminster Road in Hagley. After 50 yards turn left down private road signed to Field House

Visitors welcomed at any time of the day

There is extensive on-site parking

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Field House: click here

9.5 Field House has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.545)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Field House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Field House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.545 for Field House is calculated as follows: ( (124 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) + (3 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.545

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Field House is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.8 positive Reviews (54 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 10.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Field House?

Reviewer Connection to Field House

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

My Father sadly passed away last month but for the short stay he had there, it was the best decision made. He was cared for as if he was a family member, the staff were extremely helpful and caring to us, as well as to my Father. The activities were something I would never have imagined my Father to have got involved in, but he did and loved every minute. He mixed well with the residents and was able to communicate well with the staff, as he had vascular dementia, he settled in really well and he was happy. The food was excellent and a very good menu. I cannot thank the staff enough, we were always greeted with a warm welcome and could not do enough to help us. The grounds are beautiful, as well as a grand old house. Thank you once again!

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

My partner is a resident at Field House. I have always found the staff very helpful and caring. The home is clean and tidy, the food excellent and there are extensive grounds. I have no issues or concerns regarding my partner's care.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

The care my father-in-law and my family received at Field House was second to none.
During the sad passing of my father-in-law, we were provided with a room should we need to sleep, wash etc which was right next door to my father-in-law, enabling us to be close by when needed. The food we were provided during this time was exceptional. All the staff were very caring and helpful and made us feel part of a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

My father was a resident at Field House and was so well cared for in every way. He was suffering from vascular dementia but was still treated with respect and dignity of a gentleman who was of sound mind. As his health deteriorated, all the staff were second to none and still treated him with the utmost respect. The staff made my father feel part of a family. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Well done, keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

Having made the heartbreaking decision to put my husband into care and looking at various care homes, we decided to put him into the care of Field House, we have not been disappointed. The care, compassion, dignity and dedication shown by all staff is excellent. The welcome and support that is given to us, his family, is fantastic. Meals are first class with a lovely varied menu. A huge thank you to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

The care and dignity shown to my dearest brother-in-law have been excellent. All the staff have been amazing during a very stressful time. When visiting, we are always made very welcome no matter what time of day. For the first time in a long time, we have smiles from my brother-in-law. He joins in with activities and the meals provided are first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted to Field House Residential Care Home in December 2013.
He had developed dementia after his wife died. He will be 100 years old in May 2017.
During his time here he has been cared for by such lovely and dedicated carers.
I visit every week and the staff are marvellous every time.
The home is fantastic. Dad loves it there and he says it is his home.
I really cannot praise everyone enough. Nothing is too much trouble in every way.
They have time to talk to you about his care plan and above all care about the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

The care at Field House for my mum is excellent. All staff are very caring and always ready to listen if there are any concerns.
Management have been very helpful to us too. Always ready to answer any questions we may have.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

My mother has lived in Field House for over 5 years. When she was still able to communicate with me she always confirmed that she was happy, well cared for by kindly staff and wanted for nothing. She also told me that the food was tasty and enjoyable. Because I live some distance away the staff, apart from being friendly and approachable when I visit, have always been diligent in keeping me well informed about GP consultations and changes to my mother's day regime.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

During the last three years my mother and my father, until his death in December 2015, have been treated with the utmost care and dignity by all the staff. I have been kept informed immediately by the management of any medical occurrences.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

It has been so sad to see the change in this care home under its new ownership. I cannot praise the care staff enough who do their best in the very challenging conditions and attitudes within the home if only the same could be said of the management. My experience dealing with them over the last few months of my mother's time there was nothing short of disgraceful. My mother was admitted into hospital in early December and I made an unexpected visit to the home a couple of weeks later. To my horror I found her room being used for staff training with all her precious things pushed to one side. To have my very poorly mother treated with such disregard broke my heart but it did accurately reflect the sort of attitude I had started to suspect from the new owners. I am prevented from expanding further, however, I can honestly say this is not a happy place, there is a distinct atmosphere of discontent and unhelpfulness along with an appalling lack of empathy. I could not recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Unlikely

Food & Drink: Very Poor

Management: Very Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Geoff Butcher, Owner at Field House responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

The review is factually inaccurate as the reviewer's mother's precious things had not been pushed to one side. This was not the case – a sofa and a chair had been temporarily moved back against a wall to facilitate a short training session on moving and handling around the bed. None of her mother’s personal possessions had been touched. The furniture in the room which was and had been for some time unoccupied by the reviewer’s mother a was immediately repositioned.

When the reviewer on arrival at the home complained, the deputy manager who was on duty immediately went to the room and profusely apologised to the reviewer and accepted that she should have first asked for permission to use the room for the short practical element of the moving and handling training.

Further, the review is factually inaccurate when talking about “new management” – up to the time of the incident, there had been no changes in management for many months.
Further, we have written proof that the reviewer was entirely happy with Field House up to the point her mother was admitted to hospital. As her mother's needs had changed, unfortunately, she could not come back to her home at Field House.

As the owner of Field House, I admit that we should have asked permission to use the room for a short training course. However, we have apologised and we do not believe that the reputation of the home should be tarnished because of this. Please see our other reviews to get an accurate and balanced view of Field House or contact me via Field House.

The care in the home is very good. I am pleased with the way it is run and pleased with the care that is given so I can say thank you for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

The home is beautiful and the staff couldn't be nicer.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

Having worked in the NHS for many years and visited numerous residential care homes, some if which I would not feel at easy putting any person in. The staff at Field House are not just a credit to the home, themselves and the residents. Every staff member is kind, helpful beyond words, may it long continue. The undertaking of refurbishment is underway at the very moment, will be in my opinion up to a 4 star plus residence which has long been required.

How likely would you be to recommend Field House? Extremely Likely

Since arriving at Field House Rest Home in September 2013, with my husband all be it for respite initially, I have been treated with nothing by the greatest respect and consideration. I spent six weeks in hospital at the end of 2013. It was then decided if possible on my release from hospital in December 2013 for both myself and my husband to become permanent residents, for both of us having mobility issues i.e using walking frames. Over the next two years my husbands health deteriorated but he was also treated with respect and dignity. He sadly passed away on 23rd December 2015, at that time the staff and management rallied around to help me through this difficult time. I have no worries about my care at all.

Submit a Review for Field House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Field House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Field House