Wishmoor

21 Avenue Road, Malvern WR14 3AY

Located in the picturesque town of Malvern, Wishmoor is a large Victorian house situated in a delightful tree lined road. The home is within close proximity of Barnard’s Green shops, Great Malvern railway station and the Winter Gardens.

The Wishmoor team is particularly concerned that each person is recognised as an individual with whom care arrangements are discussed, planned and regularly reviewed.

This approach makes Wishmoor very special. Not too large, Wishmoor can recreate an intimate, family home feel while still providing the kind of 24 hour care expected.

Single bedrooms (some en-suite) provide spacious and comfortable accommodation in a homely environment and residents are encouraged to bring small personal items from home to make them feel more comfortable. There are a number of shared rooms ideal for couples.

There are two large living rooms where residents can sit and read, watch television or take part in activities and a large dining room where delicious, home-cooked meals are served. The menus are changed regularly and use fresh seasonal produce. Residents are encouraged to help plan the menu at the home's monthly Residents’ Meetings. All dietary requirements can be catered for.

Group: Blossom Care

Person in charge: Rachel Harper (Interim Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 25 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Italian

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £600 – £695 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £550 – £600 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Wishmoor to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Wishmoor: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Wishmoor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Wishmoor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.169 for Wishmoor is calculated as follows: ( (32 Excellents x 5) + (36 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 83 Ratings = 4.169

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Wishmoor is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5 positive Reviews (25 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 5 Target Reached = 1

9.2 Wishmoor has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.169) from 7 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Wishmoor?

Reviewer Connection to Wishmoor

• Relative of Resident/Service User
  • Respite Resident/Service User

The carers are ok/good. Some better than others! Food is pretty poor and could be massively improved including the cakes made as they are small and quite hard! The home itself is a little run down, could do with a little more improvement! Management doesn’t appear too interested and after talking to staff they aren’t too happy either! More age appropriate activities could be better, would be nice to see more staff be more talkative to the service users! Cleaning could be improved!

How likely would you be to recommend Wishmoor? Likely

Rachel Harper, Interim Manager at Wishmoor responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. I am very sorry you have experienced issues with the quality of our service. We have received such positive feedback on our staff and management recently and I am very disappointed to read your review. We would like the opportunity to meet with you to discuss where we can make improvements. Please get in touch directly and we can schedule a time to talk in more detail. We are happy that you felt the service was sufficient/good enough that you were interested in future respite care and we look forward to working with you to ensure we can keep on improving.

Interim Manager

Staff are always friendly, helpful and willing to help with any issues. The home has a very homely feel. The home has started to improve on the appearance but most importantly my mother is well looked after. Activities have started to increase with trips out which is really good. You can have a laugh with staff which my mother likes. The only disadvantage none of the residents enjoy the food prepared. Bedroom and all areas kept clean.

Rachel Harper, Manager at Wishmoor responded to this review on 08 Apr 2018:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our home. We are very proud of our activities programme and will continue to develop this over the coming months. We have recently made some changes to our menus in consultation with all the residents and I am pleased to report we have received some very positive feedback on the food we serve. Please join us for our Open Day on Sat 21st April to sample some of our delicious cakes!

My elderly mother has been living at Wishmoor now for a few months. She is happy there and the friendly staff look after her with great care and attention. Her room with its small en-suite (toilet and wash basin), is warm and cheerful and contains some of her own things. She has lovely garden views of the Malvern Hills. Staff pop in regularly to check if she is okay and also bring her meals and tea and coffee. There are regular activities which she can enjoy if she wishes. I am more than pleased with the care she receives at Wishmoor.

How likely would you be to recommend Wishmoor? Likely

Thank you for taking the time to review our service! I am so pleased to read your positive feedback as we have really focused on our activities provision over the last 6 months.

I am receiving respite care and have been here for 2 months now. I am perfectly happy with the way I have been looked after. Any problems I have I am able to discuss with the management and these have been addressed properly. Whenever I have asked for something, such as arranging hospital transport, repeat medical prescriptions or more/extra food I would like, this has been sorted out quickly. I have come to know some of the staff quite well and usually feel they will listen and help me as much as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Wishmoor? Likely

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I am so glad you are happy with the service we provide at Wishmoor. I hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again for respite care.

My wife was admitted to Wishmoor Residential Home from the NHS hospital for four weeks to gain strength for homecoming and was given first class treatment. The care given by all staff from cleaners to management was first class.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Wishmoor? Extremely Likely

I visit my uncle every day and I am always welcomed. The management are ready to discuss any queries. My uncle says the food is very good and he has no complaints."I couldn't wish for anything more" he has told me. Staff are caring and friendly. Arrangements are made for haircutting etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Wishmoor? Extremely Likely

The staff and management cannot be faulted for how they performed their duties. My mother was cared for to a very high standard. I have given a lot of individual praise to staff, they are too modest and say 'it's our job'. When anyone arrives to visit or work, the staff are always happy and as you can see by the scores I have given below, it has completely exceeded my expectations.

Submit a Review for Wishmoor

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wishmoor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wishmoor