Barchester Wheatlands Care Home

Southfield Road, Much Wenlock TF13 6AT

Barchester Wheatlands Care Home benefits from a high standard of décor, spacious communal space, landscaped gardens and modern facilities. The Wheatlands provides high quality, round-the-clock general residential care and focused dementia care in the Memory Lane Community.

The Wheatlands was proud to be accredited as part of Barchester’s 10-60-06 Dementia Care programme, reflecting the enhanced quality of dementia care and improved quality of life experienced by the residents at the home.

The Wheatlands offers a home from home atmosphere. The home provides home cooking, a homely environment, friendly caring staff and an atmosphere of peace, care and comfort.

The individual needs of residents are addressed through tailored care plans which are created by the dedicated team of highly-qualified staff. Their dedication is evident throughout all aspects of the home, including cooking, hospitality and mini bus trips. They also offer complementary therapies to interested residents.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Claire Brewer (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Shropshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Easily accessible from Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton and Birmingham.

Parking is at the rear of the building for disabled access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Wheatlands Care Home: click here

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.6 out of 10 for Barchester Wheatlands Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 40 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Wheatlands Care Home in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 35 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.555 for Barchester Wheatlands Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (288 Excellents x 5) + (163 Goods x 4) + (22 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 474 Ratings = 4.555

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Wheatlands Care Home is based on 35 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 35 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Barchester Wheatlands Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.555) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.6 out of 5 from 40 Reviews over all time

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Wheatlands Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

Originally entered for a one week stay but unfortunately fell in the bedroom on the first night and was admitted to hospital with a head wound. I returned to Barchester Wheatlands Care Home after 4 days and continued with my respite care and in fact, stayed for a further week. The care I received was excellent and they were aware of my condition and leaving hospital after my fall.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home? Likely

Claire Brewer, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 11 Oct 2018:

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Wheatland's and met your expectations. You are welcome to visit at any time, don't hesitate to come and visit us at one of our coffee shops that we host each Friday.

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer/dementia three years ago and has lived in the Wheatlands for eleven months. I never fail to be impressed by all the staff. They are well trained, are always friendly and welcoming to me and clearly know and understand every resident and their personal needs. Their record keeping seems pretty good and they can each answer any questions I have. The peace of mind they give me is incalculable because I know my husband is comfortable and easy in his mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I feel very lucky to have such an amazing team and pleased that this is noticed by residents, families and loved ones. I will share this feedback with the team.

I am very happy with the care provided to my mum who has Alzheimer's.
The staff are all very attentive to her needs and are very friendly.
It is good to know mum is safe and happy.
The food is of good quality and any medical needs are attended to immediately.

I am very pleased that you are reassured by the service that we offer. Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with the team.

The Wheatlands care home is definitely the best one I have been in. The staff are so caring and friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. They look after their patients and seem dedicated to their care and comfort and well being.

FRAN SHARP, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jun 2018:

Thank you Margaret for your lovely review. Please stay in touch and you are always to pop in and visit anytime. You are very welcome to come to our Summer Fayre Saturday, 11th August, 2018 2pm-4pm.

Staff are wonderful, helpful and friendly and very kind to all.
I would like to thank them all.

FRAN SHARP, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jun 2018:

Thank you Linda, it is lovely to see you looking so happy. I shall pass on your very kind comments to our staff.

Staff have been fabulous across the whole home and very supportive and caring towards my brother. He was previously distressed and staff have offered much reassurance making us feel comfortable with the whole process.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jun 2018:

Thank you for your very kind review of Wheatlands. I shall pass your comments on to our staff.

My experiences of visiting my aunt and uncle have always been positive. The home always has a lovely friendly atmosphere, the staff are brilliant with the residents and know how to treat everyone as an individual and know what that particular person will respond best to. When I visited today, it was singing time and lovely to see everyone having such a good time.

FRAN SHARP, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 17 May 2018:

Thank you Janet for your wonderful review. I shall pass your kind comments onto our staff. We really appreciate you completing the review.

I cannot fault the wonderful treatment from all staff including office staff who have been so supportive and helpful. It has been a real pleasure to be looked after by such wonderful people.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 09 May 2018:

Thank you Blanche, it is a real pleasure to care for you in our wonderful home.

Having been through a rather traumatic and stressful time I spent two weeks in respite care at Wheatlands where I received the rest, comfort and care I was in need of and am now feeling refreshed, rested and more able to cope with whatever life has in store for me. I cannot speak too highly of the dedicated staff who were all so kind, considerate, helpful and patient when coping with everyone in their care.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 01 May 2018:

Thank you, for your lovely review. You are always welcome at Wheatlands, we look forward to seeing you again.

This is a lovely care home. It has a warm, welcoming environment. My father was a resident for 18 months until his health deteriorated and he required nursing care.
The ratio of staff to residents is very good and staff of all job descriptions are friendly and professional. Communication between the home and our family was excellent.
All the food is of a very high standard and there is plenty of choices.
There is a good selection of activities on offer including outings and lots of parties, to which family are always invited.
Thank you Wheatlands for all you did for my father.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 30 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Jill, we all miss John very much. We all thank you for your lovely review.

My partner has Parkinsons, Lewy Body Dementia and prostate problems. He is constantly in pain and he was getting more than a bit difficult for me to manage, so to give me a break. he went to the Wheatlands for respite. I found the staff, carers etc were extremely pleasant, helpful and kind in every way. He was looked after very well and I had no problem leaving him. He was there for 2 weeks. I appreciate all the help he was given and his medication was sorted out with no problems. When I visited, there was always tea and coffee given to us, with homemade biscuits.
And yes I would have no hesitation if I had to put him in for respite again. Thank you.

FRAN SHARP, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 23 Apr 2018:

Thank you Sue for your lovely review. Please do contact us if we can help you further.

Very good.

FRAN SHARP, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2018:

Thank you Martin for completing and sending in your review. I will pass on to our staff and let them know how happy you are living at Wheatlands.

I find my brother well settled and happy, on good terms with the staff and able to chat a bit with them. His old habits of wanting to help or organise are present again but without his previous anxiety and irritation. The staff are always welcoming without insisting on invading conversation and I appreciate their warm support.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home? Likely

Thank you Helen for your review. I shall pass your comments on to our staff.

The home is clean and welcoming.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 03 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Betty, for your kind review. I will pass on to our staff.

Pleasant and acceptable.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home? Likely

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 12 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Hazel, for your great review of Wheatlands. The staff will be delighted.

Excellent home. Friendly, welcoming staff. Warm, homely environment.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 05 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Paul, for your review of Wheatlands. Hope to see you soon.

Like so my mother craved independence but eventually, it became inevitable. I am very impressed with the care and consideration experienced so far. It has made a fairly traumatic event quite easy and the family feel confident that the right decision was made.

Thank you so much, Neil, for your review. I will pass on to our staff. Your comments are very much appreciated by all.

I rate this care home as first class.
The Management, Carers and Support Staff, in my opinion, are dedicated, kindly and compassionate.
I can vouch for this because I have stayed for three separate weeks respite care in 2017.
My wife, who has vascular dementia cannot receive better 24-hour care than she currently receives at The Wheatlands.
Full marks to Barchester for ensuring this quality of care.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 13 Feb 2018:

Thank you, John, for your lovely review. You are always very welcome and it is a delight to have you visit and stay with us. If there is anything at all we can help you with do not hesitate to ask. See you soon.

Very happy with the way Mom is cared for. Staff are always cheerful and happy. They always welcome us like family and keep us informed of Mum's condition.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jan 2018:

Thank you Olwen. Hope to see you soon.

It's very sad to see my mum like this but I think she is being looked after to the best but her eyes are bad at times with mater and she says nobody talks to her. I know that its hard and carers are very busy, I just wish she could have nicer thoughts than she does. She is so scared saying that there is shooting everywhere but from what I can see she's cared for to the best of their ability.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home? Likely

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 31 Jan 2018:

Susan, thank you for your review. I have shared your feedback with the team. With a change of medication, Mum has settled on Memory Lane and really enjoys keep fit, music for health, sing along, loves a dance and reminiscing.

When visiting my mother I was impressed at how well and thoughtfully tables were laid, residents were given choices and their responses greeted patiently.

Attention to detail and care and respect for the residents was evident.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 05 Dec 2017:

Thank you Cherril for your lovely review from us all at Wheatlands.

I go to the Wheatlands four days a week and sometimes stay for one or two weeks. I think it's wonderful. The staff are more than friendly, very helpful and kind.
The food couldn't be better and the company is good.
I really look forward to going - I wish I could go every day.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 30 Nov 2017:

Thank you so much, Gwen, for your lovely review.

Dad has been in Wheatlands for about 6months and during this time I have had no call for any concerns at all. Dad has improved greatly since being in the care of the Wheatlands staff.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 29 Nov 2017:

Thank you so much, Cynthia, for your fabulous review. The staff will be thrilled when I pass this on.

My father spent over six very happy years at Wheatlands, prior to his death this year. He always felt Wheatlands was his home and looked forward to returning after visits out. Dad had dementia and staff looked after him with kindness and compassion. Staff understood and looked after his individual needs, gradually adapting his care as these changed over time. Dad enjoyed the many and varied activities and trips out. He particularly enjoyed the enthusiastic celebrations of seasonal holidays and national events. He also appreciated the good quality home cooked food and the comfortable homely environment.
His physical needs were always met, and with great sensitivity. Most importantly his emotional needs were met and Dad always felt secure and loved and cared for by staff who showed good humour, patience and kindness to towards him.
Staff were excellent in communicating with my family and I. We are very grateful that Dad was able to spend the last year of his life so contentedly.

Thank you, Lucy. We all miss your father very much and I shall pass on your kind comments.

I was very happy with the treatment that my husband received. The caring staff were almost all so kind and thoughtful. He was treated with respect, was well cared for and fed.
One or two of the staff seemed a little disengaged but 90% were excellent.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 27 Nov 2017:

Thank you, Gill, for your review. Your comments have been discussed with staff.

The help, support and understanding given to my mother-in-law and to us has been exceptional, especially given the challenges we had of a move from another care home in the south of England. Staff were extremely supportive of the logistics of arranging the move; in supporting us after the challenging journey, and in helping to get settled. Problems that had occurred in the transfer of medication from the previous home were identified and sorted in a professional, no fuss manner.

MIL settled in very quickly, and her room is very welcoming, she clearly enjoys her meals and is well cared for in her new home. It is a delight to see her well groomed and clothed (I very much appreciate the clothes labelling system!)

Staff are always extremely friendly and cheerful, and they encourage independence and interaction with others. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. They look after families well and seem to understand our needs and responsibilities too.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 24 Nov 2017:

Thank you so much Denise. We are delighted with your review and I shall pass on to our staff your kind comments.

Excellent care within a well-managed home.
Facilities of a high standard including cleanliness, food and general environment.
Residents treated with great respect and dignity.
Cannot speak highly enough of the genuine care and attention our relative has received in this home.
As relatives, we are kept involved in the care programme at all times and are always made very welcome.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jul 2017:

Thank you, we try our best. Thank you so much for your lovely review.

My concerns have been listened to and questions answered.
I feel that staff have the best interests of my mother at heart and are striving to do their best for her.

Mum thinks the care here is very good. The staff here are all genuine people who want to help and do help. The home is kept nice and clean. The food is excellent. It would be good to have more activities especially quizzes and trips out.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jun 2017:

Thank you very much for your review. I shall pass onto our Activities team your suggestions and also discuss with residents at our next Residents Meeting.

Staff are helpful and kind, food is excellent and communication is good.

Very happy with all the care given. Staff always polite, respectful, happy and willing to help and support. Happy with care given with respects to mother's epilepsy. Food standard good and plentiful. Overall, the care plan is very good. She is very happy here, this shows, I am calmer and happy. Thank you.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jun 2017:

Thank you Judith for your kind review of Wheatlands. I am delighted and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Our Mum spent three separate weeks respite at The Wheatlands. On her second stay, she was welcomed back as if she had been there all the time.
The friendly environment and caring staff helped Mum settle in.
The full-time receptionist is a credit to the home, courteous, jolly and always willing to assist.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

Thank you, Marilyn. I will pass on your lovely comments to our staff.

Welcoming, staff very thoughtful and kind. I am quite happy here.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 16 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your comments and I am so pleased you enjoy living with us.

The staff are very caring and patient and are very knowledgeable about mum. They contact me if there are any medical problems and act promptly if a doctor is required or hospital appointment necessary. On one occasion, I was unable to take mum to a hospital appointment so they organised someone to accompany her as she has Alzheimer's.

When my grandad first came to the home I didn't know what to expect but my mind was soon put to rest when I met the lovely carers who were looking after my grandad. Everyone makes so much effort to make him feel at home here, which has helped him to settle in well. Now that there is a hot meal option at evening meal time this is much better as grandad sometimes misses lunch.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 08 Dec 2016:

Thank you, Anna, for your kind review, I shall pass this on to our team.

My father was a resident at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home from April 2015- July 2016. (He had a short illness in hospital and died on 17/7/16). He was struggling to cope at home, was having falls and heart problems. He was met with kindness by the staff, referrals to the local GP and District Nurses were timely, and he was helped to feel safe and secure. He had a pleasant room with views over well kept gardens to the hills beyond. The food was very good and he looked forward to meal times. The staff were patient in helping him settle into the care home and were always welcoming to his visitors. There were some practical problems with the heating system and lift while he was there, but they were rectified. It was good to see some of the staff at my father's recent funeral.

My mother was in your care for eight and a half years suffering from Alzheimer's disease - hard for a daughter who lives two hundred miles away. You gave me 'peace of mind', three very important words. You cared for her with professionalism, kindness and gave her a life full of laughter, a life that I was unable to provide. But you cared for me too, I never felt guilty that I hadn't done enough. Your receptionist is amazing, a constant in those long years. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wheatlands Care Home? Likely

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 05 Sep 2016:

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

My mother has been cared for in a safe place. She has been treated with dignity and all her needs have been met for the past 8 and a half years. The individual care from senior staff is especially good as well as the food. Mum has enjoyed the activities at the Barchester Wheatlands Care Home, initially when she went out and more recently when they have entertainers visit the home. When I have had to raise any concerns with the home, usually to deal with Mum's progression with Alzheimer's disease, I have been listened to and the home has made the necessary changes to procedure.

Fran Sharp, General Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2016:

Thank you so much for your review of Wheatlands. We appreciate your comments.

Staff show good commitment and levels of care are also high.

Claire Brewer, Deputy Manager at Barchester Wheatlands Care Home responded to this review on 18 Aug 2016:

Thank you for such a lovely review, it is wonderful to receive such positive comments.

My wife and I are very pleased with the care The Wheatlands are giving my brother. They treat him with dignity and also the other residents. You can not fault them in anyway. They keep them clean and the food is very good, they make all visitors welcome. All my brothers family are very pleased.

Submit a Review for Barchester Wheatlands Care Home

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 6 months.

Claire

Claire Brewer

Joined: 2013

I have recently been offered the opportunity to step up from Deputy Manager within the home to General Manager and feel very fortunate to be offered this opportunity. I am passionate about high-quality care and love my job entirely at Wheatlands.
I have recently been studying my Level 5 in Leadership and Management and believe that Wheatlands offer an exceptional service and one that is person-centred and unique for each individual.

Working in the home for over five years has given me a great foundation to build upon and Wheatlands will remain committed and focused to enable it to be the best that it possibly can be. Barchester's commitment and principles remain at the heart of the home and we pride ourself in these values. These are respect, integrity, responsibility, empowerment and passion. These values form the day to day running of the home and remain at the centre of Wheatlands.

Paula

Paula Wiggan

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2017

Hi, my name is Paula and I am the Acting Deputy Manager here at Wheatlands.
I first joined Wheatlands in 2001 as a Care Assistant, not knowing what to expect from the role, and I was blown away. I progressed to Senior Carer and then I had a break to start my family.
On my return to Wheatlands, I changed my role a little so that I could work nights, in order to meet the needs of my family. I worked nights for four years and then decided that I needed a new challenge, so I took four years off.
I never felt complete without Wheatlands in my life, so when the role of Team Leader became available, I applied and was overjoyed to be given the role in 2017. Since then, I have never looked back. Wheatlands is the residents' home and I am very honoured to support them here and love getting to know them. I have since been offered the opportunity of deputy manager and I am thrilled to bits that I am able to progress in a company and a home that I am very passionate about.

Aimee

Aimee Haselton

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2015

Hi, my name is Aimee and I am the Administrator here at the Wheatlands.

I first joined Barchester back in 2006, starting my first ever job as a care assistant. I adored my role and the joy it gave me in getting to know the residents. After three years I decided to take a break to go and study (and do some lovely travelling in between). I returned to Barchester in 2015 as I came across the lovely Wheatlands. Wheatlands instantly gave me that homely feel and I grabbed the opportunity to step into the role of the Administrator, which I love just as much. I now welcome the residents and families into their home; assisting with the financial elements of their stay. I also love to get to know the residents and always welcome a friendly face in the office and help out in any way I can.

I have just returned from maternity leave, after having my first child, a gorgeous little boy. So most of my time outside the Wheatlands is occupied by him, however, I do love to run when I get the chance!

Susie

Susie Oakley

Job Title: Receptionist/Admin Assistant

Joined: 2006

I am Susie, I support with the administration role at Wheatlands and welcome all residents, families and friends to our lovely home. I have been at Wheatlands since December 2006 so know and understand the day to day running of the home and pride myself on being warm and approachable, no question is ever too much and I love my job.

Carla

Carla Kitson

Job Title: Team Leader Elderly Frail

Joined: 2015

I joined Wheatlands in February 2015 as Team Leader on Elderly Frail unit. I provide high-quality care to ensure comfort and dignity to each of our residents, as well as providing leadership to a team of carers and contributing to the individualised person-centred care planning process for each resident, recording appropriate interactions and observations.
I commenced in the care sector in 1992 as a Carer and has progressed in her career enjoying the interaction and commitment by looking after residents in a person-centred way.
Enjoying and sharing a laugh with both families and residents and making time to get to know each resident individually and their family member is very important. This will allow them to feel comfortable and support them to approach us at any time.
It is very important to me to create a safe, respected, caring and supportive environment in which residents are happy and content.

Lea-Ann

Lea-Ann Littler

Job Title: Team Leader - Memory Lane Community

Joined: 2017

My name is Lea-Ann and I have been in care now for over 10 years. Prior to this, I was a bank manager, however, after caring for a loved one, I made the decision to start a new career. Needless to say, I have not looked back since.

I have been with the Wheatlands since March 2018, and what a wonderful journey it has been since. I have recently been promoted to the Team Leader on our Memory Lane Unit. I am thrilled to be progressing within Barchester and look forward to new adventures.

Claire

Claire Oliver

Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator

Joined: 2012

Hi, my name is Claire and I am the Activities Coordinator. I have worked at the Wheatlands since February 2012 and started my career here as a Care Assistant, but when the opportunity arose to become an Activities Coordinator, I jumped at the chance. Since then, I have loved every moment and enjoy the interactions with residents.
I have a great job ensuring that residents are happy and have loads of fun in and out of the home. We have a varied weekly and monthly activities program, which includes tea parties in the Vintage Café, arts & crafts, baking, board games, quizzes, canal trips, soup lunches and visits from local entertainment, who provide live music for the residents to get up and dance to – even with some lovely wine or lager (whatever tickles your fancy!). We also have movie afternoons/evenings on our big screen TV.
Our aim at the Wheatlands is to ensure that residents are as happy as they can possibly be and enjoy living at the home

Sasha

Sasha Mackenzie

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2016

I am very proud to of recently been offered the position of head chef. This is a position of trust and responsibility and I feel honoured that I have been given this opportunity.
I have recently completed a course in professional cookery and wish to continue to expand on the skills and knowledge that I have learnt.

The kitchen team at Wheatlands has many years of experience which gives us a depth of experience and allows us to cater for a wide range of diets and likes and dislikes.

We are proud to of received a recent 5-star hygiene report from Shropshire Council.

Lynda

Lynda Jackson

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 1997

I have worked at Wheatlands since 1997. I manage, develop and support the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure the cleanliness of the home is maintained.
I have been at the home for a long time and enjoy my days spent at Wheatlands. It is like an extended family and I can honestly say that making a difference makes sure that I have a smile on my face each day.

Mac

Mac Rathbone

Job Title: Maintenance Manager

Joined: 2015

I am Mac (short for Malcom) and I am the Maintenance Manager at Wheatlands. My background has always been in maintenance, having served my apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering many years ago.
I have worked for Barchester since 2008 in the same role, although in different homes. I have been at Wheatlands since 2015 and it is a job I love and enjoy. It keeps me very busy, whether I am carrying out general maintenance, daily safety checks and inspections or refurbishing our rooms or working in our extensive gardens. I also like keeping an eye on the produce we grow in our polytunnel, greenhouse and raised beds to supply our kitchen with fresh herbs, fruit and vegetables, which residents enjoy preparing.
Most of all, it is the residents who make my job very special and I always find time to have a chat with them and help them to put up their own pictures, family photos, memorabilia or furniture in their room so that they feel more at home

October 2016