Huntingdon Court

Regent Street, Loughborough LE11 5BA

Huntingdon Court is located in a quiet residential area of Loughborough with local shops and amenities just a short walk away.

Huntingdon Court has 43 comfortable bedrooms, four lounges, two dining rooms, a delightful garden and a quiet and peaceful sensory room.

The entire building is purpose-built for a maximum ease of access and comfort for all the residents.

The company specialises in providing care for residents who are elderly and who suffer from dementia, learning disability, mental health conditions, physical disability and sensory impairment.

Group: Leicestershire County Care Ltd

Person in charge: Dianne Williams (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 43 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment

Facilities & Services: Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Huntingdon Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Huntingdon Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Huntingdon Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.731 for Huntingdon Court is calculated as follows: ( (178 Excellents x 5) + (49 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 234 Ratings = 4.731

The 4.814 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Huntingdon Court is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.6 positive Reviews (43 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 8.6 Target = 0.814

9.5 Huntingdon Court has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.545) from 20 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Huntingdon Court?

Reviewer Connection to Huntingdon Court

When you first step in you can notice the friendliness of the staff. All difficulties that residents have are treated with respect, kindness and dignity. My friend seems very happy there and is looking and feeling well.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Sophie Ferguson, Group Hospitality Officer at Huntingdon Court responded to this review on 03 May 2018:

Thank you for your caring review, we are very proud of all of our homes but when you receive reviews like yours it makes us doubly proud thank you.

Sophie Ferguson

Since our mum has been a resident of Huntingdon Court she has been treated with the utmost dignity and care. The staff are always cheerful and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is excellent. The cleanliness is second to none. There's a lovely little garden where residents can sit on nice days and enjoy the fresh air.
We as a family can have peace of mind knowing mum is safe and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Sophie Ferguson, Group Hospitality Officer at Huntingdon Court responded to this review on 02 May 2018:

Thank you for your heartfelt review. We welcome and appreciate all feedback at Huntingdon Court and LCCL.

Sophie Ferguson

Huntingdon Court is warm and welcoming. The rooms and communal areas are fresh and very clean. The staff are helpful and understand my mum's needs. If I make them aware mum has lost something it is usually found by my next visit. It took several months for my mum to settle in but she has now made good relationships with the staff and other residents and she seems very happy and contented. I have no difficulty in recommending this caring and happy care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Sophie Ferguson, Group Hospitality Officer at Huntingdon Court responded to this review on 10 May 2018:

Thank you for your beautiful review. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated dearly. If you have any feedback or suggestions which you may have in the future please make them known.
Kind regards

My mother has been a resident at Huntingdon Court for nearly 4 years and is extremely happy with her care. I visit alternate days and have always been impressed with the manner in which all residents are treated with respect and dignity.
Activities are designed to stimulate body and mind and to create a wonderful environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Sophie Ferguson, Hospitality Officer at Huntingdon Court responded to this review on 19 Feb 2018:

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services, we appreciate and welcome all feedback. It's great that you comment on our activities as it is an area we are constantly trying to improve and better.

If you have any future suggestions please make them known.

Hospitality Officer

I am very happy. Staff are very good.

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate and welcome all feedback.

If you have any future suggestions please make them known.

Hospitality Officer

When we first visited Huntingdon Court we noticed the homely and caring feel of the home. Over the years my grandfather has been living here, we have seen the home make many improvements in terms of the decor and furnishings. My grandfather has a lovely room and the home and his room are always clean and tidy.
The thing that has always stood out is the staff, their friendliness, dedication, care and love.
My grandfather has always been happy here and it's clear how much the staff care for him and the others residents. We always feel secure in knowing he is so well cared for and the home always contact us if they are concerned about anything.
The residents are treated with respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

From the time since my initial investigative visit, their assessment of mum at home, admission and following care, the family have found Huntingdon Court to be an excellent standard. There is an open and honest approach, all of the staff seem to be part of the team and have always been friendly and approachable. The management actively encourage resident and family involvement and suggestions/criticism for improvement. We would have been happy for mum to stay if it wasn't for the need for nursing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

My sister was very well cared for by the staff at Huntingdon Court. The staff were extremely helpful when dealing with the family and I have the highest regard for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

My husband has improved a great deal after being admitted to Huntingdon Court. At first, he used to stay in his room all day. Now due to the care and attention of the staff, he gets involved in most of the activities. I cannot praise the staff enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

I was invited to the Home's Christmas dinner on the 14th Dec 2016. I was greeted with a pleasant smile from a member of staff and the presentation was absolutely beautiful. The meal that was provided was very appetising and pleasing on the eye. All the staff and residents appeared so happy to be there and by seeing that I felt as if I was a part of the Huntingdon Court family. The Huntingdon Court Manager gave an excellent welcome speech. It was an absolute pleasure to be apart of this function and if held again next year I will definitely attend.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

I am an S.R.N and also R.S.C.N. I had two bad falls, due to two blackouts and became very badly bruised. I landed at A&E and eventually found myself a resident, at the above care home. The residents are well cared for in all aspects of care. The carers, male and female are competent and considerate. The rooms are comfortable and warm. The food and meals are good and plenty. That is my experience of the above care home in a nutshell!

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Our mother has blossomed under the care of the Manager and all the staff since joining them in May.
She arrived as a frightened, sedated and lonely lady following a traumatic emergency placement to another local care home.
Mum needs no sedation at all and has grown in her confidence and physical abilities and is often seen walking around, even dancing, and socialising with other residents.
She enjoys the care and respect given by all the friendly staff and they themselves are led by a dedicated and professional manager.
Meals are enjoyed and the atmosphere of the dining room is pleasant and sociable. We have joined her too on occasions for lunch and been treated beautifully.
Mum has said that she is happy at Huntingdon Court and we are happy knowing that she is being well cared for physically and emotionally.
We have never seen her laugh so much and are so glad that we found this caring oasis for her.
Many thanks to all staff, residents and visitors who show that they care.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

I felt I must get in touch again after spending 3 weeks with my dear Dad after his health deteriorated further. I thought I couldn't praise you and your staff and your excellent care any more than I have already. How wrong was I?
Twice dad became gravely ill and we thought he was going to leave us. Indeed an 'end of life' care plan was initiated. We are delighted that our wonderful Dad is still with us. Due in no small part to the care he is receiving from you all. With spending so much time with him I was able to totally observe and feel the warmth in the care he was receiving. Every member of your staff seems to be trained to such a high standard and this goes much further than the tasks that have to carried out on people that are confined to bed. Whatever the procedure it is undertaken with care, warmth and kindness and the utmost respect of dignity. It is so reassuring for us to know and see this because Dad is so special to us and we are heartbroken when we see him so ill.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Our Mother has been in Huntingdon Court now for 6/7 weeks. When she initially went in she was bewildered, sedated (from previous home) and scared.

The transformation is incredible and she is now happy and sociable, well nourished and always well 'turned out'.

We cannot thank enough, the Manager, and all her amazing staff who have contributed to our Mum looking and feeling well and happy. The care that is shown to her and extended to us is amazing and we can now relax knowing that she is safe and caring hands.

Her room is always smart and clean, the food is wonderful - and we are invited to stay for lunch - or tea - the lemon roulade especially is lovely!

Nothing is too much trouble and one of us has already booked a provisional room!

We are very happy as our Mother is very happy!

Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

My friend is at Huntingdon Court as she is very deaf and can't see very well. She is from Wales and has lived in Loughborough nearly all her life. She belongs to the Salvation Army church in Loughborough, been in it for years. She kept having calls because she has Cataracts in both eyes and very deaf.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

I had to find somewhere for my mother after being in hospital and she was not safe at home. Management were extremely friendly informative and caring. I knew immediately they had their clients welfare first. The room although small was decorated and homely to high standard in 24 hrs. All staff (up to now) have been friendly and helpful. The clients are consulted about their meals(choices) and other matters. My mum is always very well dressed. I have witnessed them being entertained and informed about

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are very caring and helpful at all times. The home is very nice and everyone in it are[ very kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

The time that my sister has been in the home she seems to show a happier side than when she lived at another home, but it could be because she has service from the carers and that she has residents around her all the time, not taking away the care and attention which she gets on a daily basis. Which I would say is excellent through my experience, how I see things and how my sister is when I visit the home, and how everyone shows interest in her and myself. Thank you.

The care my granddad receives is excellent. Both he and all the family are really happy with it.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntingdon Court? Extremely Likely

After having the unfortunate task of finding residential care for my mum I visited many care homes. I found Huntingdon Court to be far ahead in my opinion with a more pleasant environment, lots of wonderful staff on hand all the time and the residents clearly are well cared for.

Submit a Review for Huntingdon Court

September 2016

Dignity Award

Recipient: Huntingdon Court

Date: Friday 09 Sep 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Huntingdon Court