Patchett Lodge

Stukeley Road, Holbeach, Spalding PE12 7LJ

Patchett Lodge is registered for thirty residents and offers a team of skilled and friendly carers, able to provide care for older people, while also being able to offer respite and day care.

Care homes from The Orders of St John Care Trust are well respected in Lincolnshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire where the voluntary sector charity has a strong presence after seeing healthy growth since it first opened homes in 1992.

All residents are supported in the pursuit of active lifestyle and personal interests, while benefitting from a care philosophy that prioritises dignity and independence alongside health, safety and security.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Sabine Pietsch (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Patchett Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Patchett Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Patchett Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.441 for Patchett Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (72 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 118 Ratings = 4.441

The 4 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Patchett Lodge is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 6 Target = 0.500

8.4 Patchett Lodge has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.441) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Patchett Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Patchett Lodge

My mother had a spell in hospital during September. She is 96 years old and when the hospital sent her back to Patchett Lodge because they "could do no more for her medically". I believe she would not be with me now if it had not been for the care and support given to her by the carers and other staff at the care home. Mum has been in Patchett Lodge for the last 3 years and I cannot sing the praises high enough that I have for the carers and all other staff at the home - thank you is not enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have been attending daycare here for four years now and have nothing but praise for the staff, conditions and amenities. It is lovely here, we go outside in the summer and enjoy the nice gardens- the food is wholesome and excellent! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They treat me like a VIP and attend to my every need. I get on well with the other residents as well as occasionally spend longer spells here in respite which is very nice. Patchett Lodge is very close to where I live and my son who is also my main carer brings me here; he is very impressed as well. A super place! 10 out of 10.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

As I have got to know the place, I have enjoyed my stay, It's a very friendly environment and they really look after me very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

The staff positioned with my mother, their help and understanding are first class, you could not improve on anything.
Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Staff unfailingly helpful if on the odd occasion, unable to help, supplied with a reason. Residents not treated like half-witted three-year-olds as so many so called carers are inclined to do when one gets past retirement age.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Likely

Daycare very good, very personal, enjoy coming.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Since mums admission in to Patchett Lodge in Nov 15 I can only say that her care has been excellent. The staff are brilliant and very quickly got to know mum and her ways (she has vascular dementia). They quickly notice changes in her and contact the doctor if necessary (most recently she has been struggling with some of her medication so they got it changed to a chewable version to make it easier). In Jan mum went through an upset phase and before we could mention it they had sat down with her and had a chat and she improved amazingly. An excellent home and staff that deserves more money allocated to it.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

On the whole my mother receives kind and friendly care from current staff. Any concerns that have been dealt with very well. Redecorating of rooms would improve the environment (not just my mothers room) Food seems to have become difficult for many residents to enjoy due to poor quality, my mother now feels comfortable and at home in the care home of which I am very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Charlotte Molesworth, Home Manager at Patchett Lodge responded to this review on 06 May 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am pleased that you are happy with the care your mother receives here at Patchett Lodge. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to advise that our planned maintenance programme includes a number of bedroom, bathroom, corridor refurbishments including a revamp of our hair dressing salon. I can also confirm that we have a meeting scheduled with our residents and kitchen team to talk about preferences for our new summer menu.

My father stayed at Patchett Lodge for 3 weeks. All of the staff were kind and respectable towards him.

How likely would you be to recommend Patchett Lodge? Extremely Likely

I came to stay at Patchett Lodge in April after a nasty fall at home. I broke my femal and damaged the bones around my kneecap of my left leg (i've got brittle bones) and a fracture to the right ankle. My left leg was in a brace and my right ankle in plaster. I spent two weeks in a different home and was then transferred to Patchett Lodge for a stay of 4 weeks, I couldn't go home and I am still here after 4 months. The atmosphere here is lovely, nurses are so caring and helpful, and they always have time to hear your problems. I'm waiting for a package to be put together, and then hopefully I will be able to return home, but will need help there also. If I ever have to choose a care home again it will be Patchett Lodge, I live in the area, and one or two nurses are going to visit me - isn't that good of them. I really needed help, and couldn't have asked for a better care home.

Submit a Review for Patchett Lodge

Sabine Pietsch

Joined: 2017

The 28 residents at Patchett Lodge are looked after by a highly dedicated team of carers, ancillary staff and admin assistant.

They are led by the Home Manager who is supported by a Head of Care and a team of senior carers.

Sabine became Home Manager and joined The Orders of St John Care Trust in December 2017.

Sabine will lead and support her team; ensuring high standards of care are delivered to the residents of Patchett Lodge.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Patchett Lodge