Stones Place, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Stones Place is a lovingly converted country manor house that is highly suited to the needs of older people with care needs looking to achieve a relaxing lifestyle and retirement.

All care packages are tailored to personal needs and Stones Place maintains a programme of events and activities which means there are always interesting pursuits to get involved with, on both a personal and a social level.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Stones Place: click here

9.6 Stones Place has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.647)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Stones Place is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Stones Place in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.933 for Stones Place is calculated as follows: ( (111 Excellents x 5) + (8 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 119 Ratings = 4.933

The 4.714 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Stones Place is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target = 0.714

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Stones Place?

Reviewer Connection to Stones Place

• Volunteer

We recently came to visit my grandmother after a wedding. The staff were amazing and helped us create an 'at home' mini wedding for my grandmother who was too frail to attend, complete with a video call to the wedding, flares and nibbles for her and her friends.
The deputy manager was great, making sure the day was really special for my grandma.
It makes me feel so much better to know how well cared for and looked after she is here. The staff really care about the residents and will do anything they can to support and care for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Anna Golightly, Home Manager at Stones Place responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of Stones Please. I am so glad to hear that your Grandmother enjoyed the special day that was created by the team at Stones Place for your Grandmother. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with our team.

My mother has been in the care home for about 8 months.
Before she went in she was struggling health wise but is now much improved in both mind and body.
We have found the home to be extremely well managed and the atmosphere is always very welcoming.
We cannot fault the home in any way i.e cleanliness, the number of staff, activities etc...
Before deciding on this home we visited a number of other homes in the area and this one stood out from the crowd.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Anna Golightly, Home Manager at Stones Place responded to this review on 09 Aug 2017:

Thank you for feeding back your experiences of Stones Place. I am so pleased to hear that you have found Stones Place to be well managed and welcoming. Your feedback is important to us and I will ensure it is shared with the team.

My father came to live in Stones Place two years ago, very frail, eyesight failing, unable to stand. The wonderful staff loved and nurtured him giving him a great quality of life. The help and friendship and superb food trips out, fun and games, music, the list goes on and they helped him enjoy his final years. He joined in everything even if he could not do anything and worship times were very special. At Christmas, Dad said it was like being in a 5* hotel, only better. He passed on the 1st January 2017 with a smile on his face.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Anna Golightly, Home Manager at Stones Place responded to this review on 28 Apr 2017:

Dear Janet thank you for your kind words we all still miss your father very much, he had a smile and a kind word for everyone here. It was a privelidge that we spent the 2 years getting to know him and you his lovely family.

My mum came to live at Stones Place on 24.3.11. As I lived across the road, I visited her almost every day. After she passed in 2013, I realised I'd made friends with residents and staff alike, so I kept visiting for I had made friends. Four years on, I still come as a volunteer. I never imagined myself helping at a 'home' with elderly people but residents and staff are friendly, liked and very interesting. It's a 'family' where people care and where staff pull together to make things work, so the atmosphere is friendly and kind. I think the reason is because the manager is a strong leader who is kind and compassionate, always making time to stop and listen to all alike. She also has a gift for choosing the right people who care. It becomes contagious to want the best for others. Stones Place is a home where once residents settle in, they can expect to make friends and be looked after in a great home at this time of their lives. I enjoy being part of it.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Anna Golightly, Home Manager at Stones Place responded to this review on 12 Apr 2017:

I would like to thank VW for her words of Kindness. When her dear mother lived with us it was a privilege to get to know her and how interesting her life had been, she was a really beautiful lady. We are also happy that VW is a volunteer at Stones Place she is part of our extended family and we appreciate her dedication to Stones Place.

Sadly my mum only had 6 months in this wonderful home before her death, what a wonderful 6 months she had too. Two days into her 2 weeks respite care she said, "why would I want to go home? Everybody is so kind, I want to stay". That in itself speaks volumes. The staff, every one of them is exceptional and cared for me as well as mum and for that, I am very grateful. Nothing was too much trouble and it came across to me that my mum was the most important person when being dealt with and that's a gift the staff have.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Dear Lynda Thank you for your words of kindness especially at this time of sadness. It always means so much to all of us when our residents are happy and feel 'at home' living within a care home, we are all sorry for the short time we had with you dear mother and will treasure the time we spent with her.

Stones Place reminds me of a delightful country hotel.
I have spent a month settling my mother into her new environment and drop in at all times during the day.
I have yet to witness anything less that positive energy in this home.
The staff and volunteers strive to ensure residents are happy and their needs met. All staff take the time to chat with residents and are genuinely kind, respectful, patient, loving and helpful.
My mother us thriving in this environment has made friends with other residents and seems happy and content.
I feel this was a perfect fit for mum and I can now return to the USA feeling that my mum will be loved and well taken care of.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Anna Golightly, Home Manager at Stones Place responded to this review on 23 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your lovely comments, at Stones Place we always strive to provide a high standard of care for our residents to enhance their quality of life.

I was welcomed into the home by staff and other residents and settled in quickly. I am well cared for and there is a good range of activities available. The rooms are comfortable and the dining room is always attractive with fresh flowers and linen tablecloths on each table. The food is excellent. The staff are cheerful, friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a Stones Place resident for almost 4 years and has received a first-class standard of care during that time. The public and residential rooms are immaculately maintained, with very pleasant gardens and outside sitting areas. The staff are consistently kind and cheerful, respectful of the dignity and individual needs and preferences of residents, and welcoming to visitors. Communication with family members is prompt and efficient, especially if there are medical concerns. Mum particularly enjoys her meals, with menu choices that appeal to her, and the Dining Room is spacious and elegant. We are so grateful that she is contented and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

Stones Place is a well run, welcoming, warm and very caring home where the needs of residents is the first consideration. The staff are well trained and treat the residents with dignity and care. There is good partnership working with the NHS.

How likely would you be to recommend Stones Place? Extremely Likely

My mother became a resident in Stones Place in December 2013 at the grand old age of 98. Moving into a care home was Mum’s own decision, but a difficult one as she’d lived in her house for 50 years. She had become quite reclusive, depressed and lonely. Moving into Stones Place has genuinely given her a new lease of life.
Stones Place is a care home of the highest standard. It is clean, comfortable, and the food is excellent. It is a happy place. All of the staff are kind, friendly approachable and extremely caring. Mum has come to regard them as her friends.

Occasionally Mum gets low – a consequence of being 100! But a carer will chat to her and take an interest in her which soon picks her up. Her welfare and wellbeing are of the utmost importance at Stones Place.
It is certainly comforting and reassuring to know that Mum is living in this homely, caring, secure environment, surrounded by so many new found friends.

Submit a Review for Stones Place

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Stones Place

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stones Place