Epworth Grange, Bury, Greater Manchester

Epworth Grange, in Bury, is organised to suit an independent style of living, together with the practice of personalised care packages.

The service looks to integrate residents into a warm community atmosphere, with a number of communal areas and 'family groups', within a facility made up of five versatile wings.

The carers and family groups look to help individuals achieve self-support, through the practice of domestic skills.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bury Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Epworth Grange: click here

9.9 Epworth Grange has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.870)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Epworth Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Epworth Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5.0 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.894 for Epworth Grange is calculated as follows: ( (127 Excellents x 5) + (15 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.894

The 4.976 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Epworth Grange is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.976

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Epworth Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Epworth Grange

Epworth Grange was the only choice for me to put forward for my mothers care. Having visited a number of homes in the area, Epworth was welcoming and also highly recommended. The home is exceptionally clean and smells fresh every time I visit. My mother has resided here for 7 years now, following her stroke. She is very settled and happy here.

The staff are very attentive to all her needs and the care she receives from everyone in the home is exceptional. Although my mother has difficulty with her speech and memory, she can still point out her favourite staff members.

All in all, the best will only do for my mum, and I have found it at Epworth.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 17 Aug 2017:

Thank you for reviewing Epworth Grange. I am delighted that you feel the staff are very attentive to all your Mother's needs and that the care she receives is exceptional. I will pass on your feedback to the staff team.

Unfailingly caring, professional, knowledgeable, kind and I have the utmost faith in the members of staff as they care for my friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 09 Aug 2017:

Hi Jan, thank you for your kind comments. It is our pleasure to care for your friend. I will pass on your comments to all the staff.

Kind regards
Susan

My mother has been resident at Epworth Grange for the past 8 years and recently celebrated her 101st birthday at the home.
I have nothing but praise and admiration for the care and attention she receives there and for the patience shown by the staff.
I visit monthly and the staff I come across during these visits are unfailingly courteous, polite and most importantly, helpful. Not just the ones that care for my mother directly and therefore know her but I include all the others as well - the admin, catering and other support staff.
I live 200 miles from the home and am therefore totally dependent on the feedback I receive from the home's staff, who keep me fully informed.
An uncle was previously a resident and in some respects, I sort of knew what to expect and this played a part in the choice of home. I can honestly say that the home has met all my expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 04 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Margaret for your kind comments, I will ensure the staff see your review. It is our privilege to care for your mum.
Kind regards
Susan.

We are happy that our mum is being cared for by such wonderfully supportive, caring and friendly staff. Family and friends have been made to feel 'at home' since day one and nothing is too much trouble. Mum has recently started to join in the organised activities and it has given her a new lease of life. Thank you, Epworth Grange, for helping to make Mum smile again.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 31 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your kind words, Lynn. I will ensure the staff see the great review. It is our pleasure to care for your mum.
Kind regards,
Susan.

The staff at Epworth Grange are kind, friendly and professional and always give my aunt the care she needs while promoting her independence. There is an interesting and varied programme of activities which my aunt is encouraged to participate in if she chooses. The environment indoors and outdoors is well maintained, clean and pleasant. My aunt enjoys the food provided. I am so happy that my aunt is living at Epworth Grange.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 28 Jul 2017:

Thank you Maryclare, I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the staff. It is our pleasure to care for your aunty.
Kind regards.

Lovely home, clean and fresh smelling all of the time. The care provided to my friend is second to none.
Carers introduce themselves, even the laundry staff introduce themselves. You can't buy manners.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

Thank you, Sarah, for your kind comments. I will pass on your review to the staff at Epworth Grange. Kind regards
Susan

My mother was a resident at Epworth Grange for a significant period of time. Unfortunately, she recently passed away at the age of 90.
The care, understanding and compassion shown by all staff at Epworth Grange were, in my opinion, outstanding.
Her 90th birthday was a special occasion for the family and was equally celebrated by staff and other residents of the home.
Chef made a special cake and we all sang Happy Birthday.
This will be my enduring memory of my mother's time at the home and I hope that this level of care and compassion will continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

This is a very loving and caring place to be. The staff and everyone here are excellent at their job and can't do enough to help make people welcome. All very friendly and loving. I am so glad I chose to come here to live. Thank you so much for the privilege of being here at Epworth Grange.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Susan Hopkinson, Home Manager at Epworth Grange responded to this review on 17 Nov 2016:

Hi Brenda, thank you for your kind comments. It is our pleasure to be able to care for you. We are glad you chose to come and live here at Epworth Grange.
Kindest regards
Susan

The home proved excellent care and showed real concern for my mother and myself during a difficult time. The staff were very kind and professional. The home itself is well appointed and has regular, varied and frequent activities. The rooms are spacious and there are several attractive communal areas. e.g hobbies room, lounge, coffee lounge. In addition the dining facilities are good with residents grouped in "family" sized dining rooms.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

Initial review after 5 days ie the toughest time. Dad has moderately severe Alzheimer's. The best thing about EG is the staff. Everyone introduced themselves to dad: carers, chef, laundry & management. Had read his background prior to arrival & have taken on board his preferences. Welcoming & accommodating. Joined up team working with great communications with each other & dad. Knowledgeable, professional and happy staff with time for the residents. Daily activities programme with support & encouragement. Lovely meals & pictorial menu boards with choices. Dining room on each wing. Maintenance team invaluable getting room right. Nice decor: clean & bright. Regular checks & options provided as to where dad wants to be. All residents treated with dignity, care & very friendly. The 2 cats are popular with residents! Lovely gardens. Friends and family are very welcome. It is the best place I have visited by a long shot & I am relieved that dad is here. Highly recommended by both of us.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

My father became resident at Epworth Grange when it had become no longer possible to care for him at home. From the moment he was visited before moving in he was treated by the staff as an individual. As his condition deteriorated and his dementia worsened - despite some difficult behaviours - all the staff were committed to giving him the best care possible looking for ways to stimulate him, provide him with carers he could work with and provide sandwiches at some odd times. Records and care plans were kept in his room so we were always able to keep up to date.

Unfortunately my father died earlier this year. As the end came the staff continued to provide excellent support to him and the family. They were ready to work with a palliative care plan and able to help us understand the process. As the end came staff would sit with him and kept their promise that he would not be alone waiting with him until family arrived.

How likely would you be to recommend Epworth Grange? Extremely Likely

My mum has dementia and has lived at Epworth Grange for 10 months. I am delighted with the care that my mum has received since moving in. I have found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the culture of treating all residents with respect and dignity is evident every time I visit. The home is always clean, pleasant and well maintained, there are several communal areas, both inside and out and plenty of room for my mum to walk around. The programme of activities is very varied and I have always been made to feel welcome when I visit each week. Now that my mum has settled in to her new home at Epworth Grange she seems calmer and happier than she has for a long time, which is the best recommendation of all.

Submit a Review for Epworth Grange

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Epworth Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Epworth Grange