Afton Lodge, Bootle, Merseyside

Afton Lodge is registered to accept 27 Service Users for Personal/Residential Care.

Accommodation comprises: 17 single rooms and 5 double rooms, for couples or those wishing to share. The layout is on 3 floors, all served by a passenger lift. All rooms have TV points, emergency nurse call points, their own vanity sink, nightlights and of course central heating.

Types of Care Services Offered at Rosehaven: The home provides the following types of Personal/Residential care: Long Term Care, Short Term Respite Care, Intermediate Care, Continuing Health Care, Re-ablement & Rehabilitation care Services, End of Life Care and Day Care.

Services User Categories: Registered with CQC and can accept the following service user categories: Older People, LD, PD

Afton Lodge is a Bootle residential care home that offers a comfortable living environment for a range of personal care needs, in a location that supports the continuation of an independent lifestyle being close to amenities and transport routes.

The accommodation is excellent for people with mobility issues, being spacious and with good wheelchair access, while offering highly-trained carers available throughout the day and night.

Home-cooked food and a flexible programme activities are pleasing additions to a professional care service, with modern care technology, such as assisted bathing, incorporated where they may be of advantage to users.

Group: Regency Healthcare

Person in charge: Julie Dry & Jennifer Oldfield (Joint Managers)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 27 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £389 – £420 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Afton Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Afton Lodge: click here

9.8 Afton Lodge has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.812)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Afton Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Afton Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.812 for Afton Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (129 Excellents x 5) + (21 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 154 Ratings = 4.812

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Afton Lodge is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5.4 positive Reviews (27 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 5.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Afton Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Afton Lodge

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

Since my mother's admission to Afton Lodge in early 2017, I would state that I have been impressed by the service offered by the home. Having visited every week the welcome by management and staff and the care afforded to my mother and all other residents is a great relief and comfort to know that she is in a secure and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My sister in law was warmly welcomed at Afton Lodge and almost immediately seemed contented to be there. She had lived most of her life in the Bootle area, but latterly in Hightown, so the very caring staff were people with whom she was comfortable. The bond between the staff and my sister in law quickly grew to a stage now that seems to be strong and enduring. She is very happy and has great trust in the directing staff in particular.

I would particularly like to commend that directing staff who have arranged for my sister in law to see and talk to my wife, her older sister, and I in Australia via Skype.

Finally, as an Australian who lived in the UK for 21 years, I cannot give too much praise for the institution that is Afton Lodge. It may look a little run down but the spirit of the place and the attitude of loving care is extraordinary. I cannot envisage a more satisfactory home for my sister and law at this time in her life.

Activities: Don't Know

My mother has been a resident at Afton Lodge Care Home for two years now and I can say that I've never seen her looking so happy for a long time. She is being very well looked after and that's all that matters to me and my family. Not only do the staff look after Mum, but I get a lot of support off them too.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am pleased to say that my friend is getting the best of care. The staff are doing their best to keep clean and provide excellent care for him, he is not well at the moment and I am very pleased.

Excellent service.
Pleasant surroundings.
Excellent meals, very good chef.
Very good attention from carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother is well looked after by very caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in this home a few years now and I am very happy for her to be there.
The management and staff know her very well and have always kept a good eye on her.
My mum's health goes up and down but the staff keep me well informed of her well-being, as the care goes I would recommend this home to other people as the one to one is second to none.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am 70 years old. I came into Afton Lodge, recommended by Sefton Social Servies because, where I was living was not helping me get well. The staff here are excellent always helping and extremely patient.
Over the two years I have been here, having lost a lot of weight during cancer treatment, I am now a healthy 10stone women. Healthyish and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father passed away 20/12/16. If I had not had the utmost privilege of having my father reside very happy and content and cared for at Afton, I would have been very disappointed, because the manager and amazing angels staff that work there made it possible, that in his late stage of life and illnesses, he was cared for so greatly they have my respect. Thankyou Afton Lodge

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have been a resident at Alton Lodge for 2 and a half years. I have always had good care and respect from the manager and staff. I suffered during a serious brain injury about 3 years ago and I consider the care and support I have received at Afton Lodge to have enabled me to progress to the better health which I have now. I could not have made this progress without the excellent care and support I have had from all at Afton Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I stayed at Afton Lodge for several months after losing a leg; I found there to be a great family atmosphere with committed and hardworking staff. The rooms are very good, and there is a beautiful garden/allotment. I was very well supported by all the staff during my time there, and would strongly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My 95 year old mother became unable to cope at home and I arranged her future care in Afton Lodge. My mother went into the home directly from hospital. She was very happy there from the first day as all the staff were so kind and supportive. Whenever I visited a member of staff even, very kindly, made me a hot drink.
My mother has now died but I feel relief that her last few months were happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Afton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I cannot find any fault with the care home or management, they do look after you very well.

Submit a Review for Afton Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Afton Lodge