Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home

Dalefords Lane, Sandiway, Northwich CW8 2DR

Sandiway Lodge is a 36-capacity facility, with comfortable bedrooms and social areas, a range of entertainments for the benefit of residents' day-to-day lives, and a satisfying food menu.

This extensive country house is an excellent environment in which to achieve effective care results, while allowing for stimulating lifestyles that make the most of a thorough activities programme.

Many other services and therapies are available for residents to source, for both health and personal interest reasons, while short-break holidays are arranged twice a year.

Group: Springcare Ltd

Person in charge: Malgarzata Krzeczkowska (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability

Admission Information: Ages from 45 to 96.

Fees information:

Price on Application

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 7.8 (maximum of 10) for Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.307 for Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (55 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 114 Ratings = 4.307

The 3.528 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target = 0.278

7.8 Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home has a Review Score of 7.8 (7.835) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home

Very professional. Lovely building, lovely setting and great staff.
Mum moved to Sandiway Lodge in early January and I can honestly say that from the initial phone call from the admissions manager, subsequent meetings with her and other care staff this home has more than met my (hopeful) expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We were absolutely delighted with the service, care and understanding shown by everyone at Sandiway Lodge to our mum. The care home itself is very comfortable and clean with excellent food. Mum benefitted from activities such as memory games, stretching exercises, sing-songs and a visit by falconers showing both a barn owl and a tawny owl. Never a dull moment and we joined in the activities when visiting!

Sadly, mum's needs changed and it was necessary to move her to another care home with more 1:1 care. The transition from Sandiway to the new home was made as easy as possible for us. The Sandiway manager got mum's clothes, personal belongings and medication ready and passed these on to the new manager who made a special journey to do this - much appreciated as I then only had to think about transporting mum to the new home. I was dreading moving mum but the help given by both managers surpassed our expectations.

Mum was a resident for 5 years before moving to another care home. She died several months later. Sandiway was excellent. Mum was very happy there and the staff were all lovely. We all felt Mum was in very safe hands.

My father was placed in here several months ago, I was able to visit from America for a month - so visited Sandiway Lodge every day. I was impressed with the facility, especially the friendliness of all the staff. I hope soon they can find a replacement for an entertainment person, but I know the staff try hard to help in this area.

How likely would you be to recommend Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

I was unhappy at the start of my residency but now I am more settled. One thing I do not like is the expense - each room costs differently. Why? I realise staff have to be paid but one thing you probably need to know or think about is the fact that "the world is full of those willing to work and those willing to let them."
I am an unmarried woman and had to be independent all my adult life and have always bought and sold all my own properties. In any case as a spinster I could not be provided with a council house or flat - no further comment needed I believe.

Mrs Elizabeth Johnson, Registered Home Manager at Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home responded to this review on 22 Jul 2016:

I am happy to read this individual has settled into the home and feels that they are more settled. The pricing of each room is in line with our competitors within the area and vary due to the facilities individual rooms offer, we are staffed at a higher level than required to ensure 24 hour care is delivered to all our residents.

My mother was in Sandiway Lodge for the last months of her life. I found the care given by all the staff first class, also when my mother was on end of life care they gave her the best of attention at a bad time. They gave me a lot of personal comfort and I will always be grateful.

The first seven days were excellent but if my last day had been my first day i'd have walked away. On my last day I was in my room at 4am when I had a vertigo attack, I managed to push my button. Someone came, I said I felt awful, they took my blood pressure, shrugged their shoulders and left. At 6am I asked for a cup of tea but didn't get it. At 10am I asked him again he denied my earlier request.

How likely would you be to recommend Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home? Unlikely

Mrs E Johnson, Home Manager at Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home responded to this review on 06 Jul 2016:

We have taken this review into account and are aware of the issues highlighted, we are very sorry that the individuals last day spoilt her stay with us. I have discussed this with the family in more depth, and moving forward we will use this as a learning experience and continue to improve our service.

The overall standard of Sandiway Lodge Residential Home has dramatically changed for the better. New management cannot be faulted and staff more knowledge with the understating of the elderly. Well done to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

My sister loves it at this care home. She loves all the staff and never has a bad word to say about anything or anybody. It is always kept very clean, well maintained and the staff all seem to be very conscientious and pleasant both in person and on the phone. The home provides appropriate activities and is prepared to take small groups out for days, nights and short breaks. The food according to my sister is excellent. Keep up the food work!! Thank you to you all

Recent months have seen a very welcomed change at the home. More professionalism from the management team. Cleanliness has also improved greatly. I now feel more confident in the care my family member is receiving.

Submit a Review for Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sandiway Lodge Nursing Home