The Beeches

Carr Road, Wath-upon-Dearne, Rotherham S63 7AA

The Beeches is a forty-four capacity residential home offering personally tailored care packages to the suit the needs and challenges faced by people diagnosed with dementia.

The service supports an active lifestyle, respecting personal interests and privacy, while ensuring that carers are available throughout the day and night.

All care packages are regularly updated, with provider MHA dedicated to modern and personalised methods of care.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 44 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Beeches: click here

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for The Beeches is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Beeches in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.816 for The Beeches is calculated as follows: ( (113 Excellents x 5) + (21 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 136 Ratings = 4.816

The 3.477 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Beeches is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 8.8 positive Reviews (44 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 8.8 Target = 0.227

8.3 The Beeches has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.293) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Beeches?

Reviewer Connection to The Beeches

Methodist homes for the aged are Britains best-kept care secret. MHA have, in my families experience, provided excellent care and facilities for my Mother. The staff, of which there are always plenty, are friendly and knowledgeable. They are always happy to discuss my Mother's care issues in a transparent fashion. MHA are very good at organising events for the people they care for and The Beeches is always immaculately maintained. I cannot praise them highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Home Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words, it means a great deal to the whole staff team to know that we are doing everything we can to ensure that our residents have a meaningful place and a fulfilled life in the home.

My husband, Brian Savage, was in The Beeches for 13 months up to his death on Christmas Day 2017. Throughout that time the care he has received has been exemplary. All the carers were friendly, efficient, and loving towards the residents and visitors alike. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They worked hard to make a fun atmosphere in what could have been a difficult place for many. There was plenty of stimulation by visiting entertainers and the Activities Organiser was always coming up with fresh ideas on how to make the residents' lives better. The food was very good and varied. The cleanliness of the place excellent. The Manager was obviously very hands-on and knew all the residents personally.
During the final days of my husband's life, the care I received was wonderful. Top Marks to The Beeches. I highly recommend you! And thank you all for making our closing months together so bearable.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Home Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 15 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. It has been an absolute pleasure to be part of your lives. Our door is always open whenever you would like to come back. God Bless.

The standard of the home on all subjects is excellent. We feel very safe and satisfied leaving mum in their care.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My husband has recently had a second weeks respite at The Beeches, he was looked after with kindness and respect and the staff and management were always pleasant and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Home Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 03 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your very valuable feedback, I hope we can continue to support you when you have your respite periods.

I first experienced the Beeches over 9 years ago when my mother was a resident due to dementia. During her time there, the MHA took over the care of residents from the previous owner. The home was refurbished and care of residents completely overhauled. What impressed me was that MHA managed to retain the majority of the existing staff and worked with them to improve their skills whilst maintaining continuity for the residents. When my friend needed residential care last year I was happy to recommend the Beeches to her family because I know how well my mother had been looked after whilst in their care. Placing a loved one in residential care is a traumatic experience for most families but the management and staff at this home do all they can to alleviate any worries and concerns. Crucially, you know your loved one is safe and cared for. I have no hesitation in recommending this home on the basis of my own personal experience.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 23 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It means a lot to the care staff and management to know that we make a difference to the lives of all of our residents.

My Mum was cared for with kindness and dignity for the last two years of her life. She passed away peacefully with her daughter at her side being cared for by the staff who we as well as her regard as friends. My main comment on The Beeches is that I would happily live there myself.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your kind comments. I will ensure that all staff are aware of your feedback.

The care my mother received in the 11 months she was at the home was extremely good. She arrived unable to walk after falling over and was not very sure of things. My first visit to have a look was good (no appointment) and the home had a good feel. The management and caring staff were great and all seemed to have worked at the home for some time. They were kind and very understanding to my mother's needs. I was always made to feel welcome. The food was good and entertainment was good as seen by photos of events on walls also meals could be taken in rooms if so wished. When mum suddenly died, all the staff were great and so kind to me. If asked about residential care I would recommend The Beeches, residents were encouraged to go out with their families and the medical care was excellent and was kept informed.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Home manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 02 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I will ensure staff are aware of your comments. It is nice that they are recognised for the care that is given in the home.

My father was looked after with great care and support over the past 6.5 years. Especially the last few weeks of his life until he passed away 3rd January 2017.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Home Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 01 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your very valued feedback.

Very reliable, helpful- good feedback. Always friendly (all staff).

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Likely

Darren Mann-Saunders, Home Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 28 Nov 2016:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our home. Much appreciated.

We are very happy with the standard of care my father receives. There is always a good atmosphere within the home. The staff are caring, approachable and treat residents with dignity. We are fully involved in my father's care plan and his ongoing care. The food is very good and the menu varied. His room is comfortable and has en-suite facilities. We definitely made the right choice.

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Darren Saunders, Home Manager at The Beeches responded to this review on 11 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated and nice to know that the care that the staff at The Beeches provides is recognised by family members.

Al the staff from the manager down are very friendly, helpful and professional. Nothing is too much trouble! My father gets on very well with them and knows they are looking after him! The standard of the home is excellent, inside and out!

How likely would you be to recommend The Beeches? Extremely Likely

We took my mother to The Beeches at a very difficult time we were struggling to look after her at home. They were incredibly helpful and found her a place very quickly. Every member of staff was kind and sympathetic and competent. Sadly my mother passed away after only two weeks at The Beeches but the caring approach the staff, to both my mother and me and and my sister was impressed and much appreciated. The service and facilities were of a high standard but the attitude of the staff has made this difficult time as bearable as possible. I will definitely recommend The Beeches to others. Thank You.

Submit a Review for The Beeches

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Beeches