Walton Manor, Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Walton Manor is a luxury care home that has been established to provide a haven of peace and security for those with care needs.

Extensive investment has gone into making the most of a charming interior and comfortable furnishings, with professionals working to a concept of elegant but informal services that makes the home's approach unique.

A converted Grade II listed manor house, the home is situated within mature landscape gardens, includes spa baths and adapted showers, has a large conservatory, three tailored entertainment lounges and residents are able to choose from fine cuisine menus.

Owner: Walton Manor Ltd

Person in charge: Helen Batty (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: City of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 47 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £785 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £400 – £450 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Walton Manor to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

On Site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Walton Manor: click here

9.7 Walton Manor has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.653)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Walton Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Walton Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.653 for Walton Manor is calculated as follows: ( (148 Excellents x 5) + (61 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 216 Ratings = 4.653

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Walton Manor is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.4 positive Reviews (47 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 9.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Walton Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Walton Manor

• Respite Resident/Service User
  • Cousin of Resident/Service User

Beautiful surroundings, excellent food choices, a variety of activities and proficient caring and professional staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

I went for one week after having a new knee. The staff were very good, some excellent but they are not nursing. One night when I asked for my ice pack it had been left in office. Apart from that if I asked for help to go to my room, one member of staff would see me up in the lift to my room as I did not feel safe on crutches.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

Having had major surgery, I needed residential care/support until I could travel to my family down south.

Walton Manor provided the care and support needed, bearing in mind I was completely mobile and able to make all decisions for myself. The staff were always on hand to help/support me with surgical stockings, also offering bathing support which I didn't need

Walton Manor's grounds are relaxing and a pleasure to sit in, walk around and ground staff are very pleasant to talk to. All the staff were very pleasant and caring. I can only stay that staying at Walton Manor more than aided my good and rapid recovery.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Likely

Walton Manor is possibly the best care home I have seen/visited in the Wakefield area. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. Their care for my cousin has met with my expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

Walton Manor is the perfect place for the twilight years.
The staff have been absolutely wonderful and cannot do enough to ensure that mum's needs are met.
Everyone is so friendly and understands the difficulties in coming to terms with not being able to return home.
I have visited a number of CQC Good rated homes and nowhere comes close to the standards of Walton Manor.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

I am full of admiration for the staff at Walton Manor, that includes the kitchen and laundry, but my main contact is with the carers, who go about their many tasks with good humour and patience. I was not familiar with what goes on in a residential home but I do realise what a difficult and fantastic job they do.

It was not easy having to place my husband in Walton Manor, but he settled well and I think mostly is very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

Walton Manor provides a very good service with caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

During February 2017, I had two strokes plus a chest infection followed by pneumonia which left me at 88 in a weakened state. Following convalescence with my family, I was able to return home at Easter with family back up, and made good progress as both sides of my family were due to be away at the same time In July. I booked myself into Walton Manor for two weeks respite care to give them peace of mind and also to " test the water" should the need ever arises. It was a worthwhile experiment and I was so favourably impressed with the general attitude of care and kindness by all the staff so the uncertain future holds no fears. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the quality of care that my father receives in his words "first class"!

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

Walton Manor staff are very caring and responsive to individual needs. Every request I have made has been dealt with efficiently and with a smile. Residents seem happy and comfortable. The food and facilities are excellent, a luxurious surrounding. I felt confident that my relative is safe, well cared for and as happy as she can be.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Likely

Very nice surroundings for my Dad to live. Staff are very friendly and professional. Activities are provided for those who want to join in. Good choice at meal times.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

A good welcome into the home and my room was excellent with everything provided. All the staff were very helpful, kind and considerate. The food was very good and the home is set in beautiful grounds. I would certainly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

Walton Manor became "home" to my mum about a year ago, where she received nothing but care and kindness. This also extended to the rest of our family - where their support was always there. It is a lovely environment - but the staff are the people who make it the place it is. We cannot praise them enough - they will have our ongoing thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

My view of Walton Manor over the last year has been very enlightening. I was without any experience of this type of environment - other than the horrors you see in the news. This was, therefore, wonderful when I was able to see a lovely homely environment, where people were cared for as if they were in a hotel "with extra benefits". The atmosphere is happy and the staff are wonderful. I know this is paid for - but you buy care - you cannot buy the kindness! It is wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

I visit Walton Manor for respite and I am looked after magnificently.
management and carers are kind and have lots of patience.
In fact, simply the best, better than all the rest.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

I used the service for 4 weeks respite care after a total right hip replacement. The care and help from all staff was very good. I was very unwell early in my stay and the staff looked after me well. The menu choices and standard of food was very good and I enjoyed all meals once I felt better. There is no way I could have managed at home after my brief stay in hospital, so I am very appreciative of the help and support which has helped me to return home after 4 weeks.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

All staff extremely helpful and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Walton Manor? Extremely Likely

I was devastated to have to put my father into care. The staff made it very easy he got 100% care entertainment, stimulation and love. I was made to feel like I was a part of a big family, nothing was too much trouble, any concerns I had was dealt with, my father had a permanent smile on his face. I can't find strong enough words to say how thankful I am to the full team of Walton Manor. It is my pleasure to send this questionnaire.

Submit a Review for Walton Manor

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Walton Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Walton Manor