Riverside View Care Home

Hutton Avenue, Darlington DL1 2AQ

Riverside View Care Home is located in the picturesque village of Haughton-le-Skerne, a suburb of Darlington in County Durham, and is close to local shops, public transport and other amenities.

The service provides residential care for people who need support with everyday activities such as washing, dressing or eating, as well as keeping on top of taking regular medications. Additionally, the service offers specialist residential care for people who are living with dementia or a mental health condition.

Respite care is also offered at the home and nursing care is also available.

Cooking using fresh produce is offered with choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

There are a range of activities taking place that residents are able to take part in. This can include day trips out, pet therapy, quizzes and performances by local entertainers. The home has strong links with the local community who are always welcome to join in with many of the events taking place

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Claire Westmorland (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Darlington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 59 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Riverside View Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Riverside View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Riverside View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.475 for Riverside View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (101 Excellents x 5) + (71 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 183 Ratings = 4.475

The 4.424 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Riverside View Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.8 positive Reviews (59 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 11.8 Target = 0.424

8.9 Riverside View Care Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.899) from 16 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Riverside View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Riverside View Care Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

For the short time, my mum has been a resident I've found everything to my satisfaction any worries or problems have always been dealt with professionally with care, dignity and quickly.
Extremely clean home, well presented.
All staff I've come into contact with have been so supportive in settling mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Riverside View Care Home responded to this review on 15 May 2018:

Thank you, Debbie, for your feedback following your recent experience of Riverside View Care Home. We are happy to learn it has been so positive and that you have found our team so supportive. We appreciate all of your comments. Have a fantastic day.

The home is cheerful and pleasant. Service users are assessed in an ongoing manner.
My mother initially was placed in the secure dementia unit following an inaccurate report from the manager of the social housing unit where she lived with support.
After a few weeks, the staff at Riverside View decided that what she needed was the stimulation of a normal environment. She was moved downstairs into the general resident's area.
Staff are wonderful with her, she is 96 and blind.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, David, for your comments about your recent experience at Riverside View Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My Mam has been staying at Riverside View since November 17. We are generally very pleased with the level of care she receives. The team are attentive and compassionate and this helps to settle my Mam.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Riverside View Care Home responded to this review on 02 May 2018:

Thank you, Ian, for your comments about your recent experience at Riverside View Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

All the staff are very helpful and caring but at times not fully staffed. The rooms are kept very clean and tidy. Overall standards are good and my dad appears very happy. The fees are quite high and risen sharply since my Dad first came in by £160 per week.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Likely

Thank you, Adrian, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Riverside View Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

A clean welcoming care home. Friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Riverside View Care Home responded to this review on 14 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Clare, for your feedback about our home. We are pleased to hear that your experience of Riverside View Care Home has been so positive. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.

My cousin is in this care home. Care is at best 'inconsistent' with the times of medicines etc varying considerably, whether this is down to lack of staff or management I don't know. However, having to be woken in the early hours to be given ear drops when these should have been given hours earlier is not acceptable.

How often should a resident be bathed? In this case, no bath has been given in 3 weeks.
How often should a bed linen be changed? In this case, the same pillow covers have been on for weeks.

Food is at best bland and the cheapest option given. There seems to be no menu and the resident is not offered a choice, again meal times vary considerably if taken in your room.

A very disappointing report.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Unlikely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Riverside View Care Home responded to this review on 28 Sep 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of the concerns that you have raised and would welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail. Please could we ask that you kindly contact the Home Manager or Regional Manager for the care home in the first instance or alternatively the link to our complaints information is https://www.fshc.co.uk/feedback-on-our-homes/ where additional contact information is provided. We look forward to hearing from you.

I have every confidence with all the staff looking after my mother, they are very attentive and my mother is very settled here. The whole building is always very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandma came into Riverside in March 2016. The care my grandma receives is excellent, she loves the meals and has today just said to me that she is so pleased I got her into Riverside. My grandma loves it when they have entertainment which they regularly do.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

All staff are pleasant and courteous, surroundings are always clean. My mother says she could not have been in a nicer place and they are all good to her and kind. This helps me feel happier about her being in a care home and this gives me peace of mind.
Any queries we have had are all quickly dealt with.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very happy with the care and concern the staff have for my brother and also others here.
Have marked all boxes good, the reason given, there is always room for improvement.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff have been friendly and supportive, both administrative, care staff and managerial. My mother is well cared for when she is in the care home. Senior care workers always do a care plan for her when she goes in for respite. I would also like to include domiciliary staff in this review as they have been pleasant to me and my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I ma delighted with the care my husband is receiving at Riverside View and visit him most days. In fact I have recommended this home to several of my friends who now have their friends, relatives in this home. Also I have spoken to some of the residents friends who have visited and I have never heard them complain about the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff have been fantastic in welcoming mum to the home, they are friendly and keen to learn all about her, providing highly professional care to the level she needs. The home and rooms are fresh, clean and well decorated, with all the right facilities. Everyone has been so helpful in helping mam settle well. There is a good range of activities led by the activities lady who is excellent. I would recommend Riverside View to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

In my opinion Riverside View care Home is outstanding in all aspects. My father went into another care home after leaving hospital, it was appalling, smelt of urine and he was left to stay in bed all day. I approached Riverside View to move him to them. They responded immediately even helping me transport him. All, without exception, staff are kind, attentive and treat dad with dignity and respect. Dad suffers from dementia and is challenging at times so I know they have their hands full. The home has just been redecorated with new furnishings including dad's room. The manager goes out of her way to make sure I know what is going on and rings to make sure I am surviving the upset and guilt feelings and reassures me they are there for me as well as dad. I cannot praise this home and all the staff enough, outstanding. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Riverside care home for approximately five months after transferring her from a hospital in Hull, where she was recovering from a broken hip. After the excellent care she received in the home she recovered from this and was doing relatively well. A couple of months ago she fell again in the home breaking her other hip, after her second hip replacement she has recovered reasonably well, but her dementia and confusion have deteriorated, which has meant she is not happy and is constantly depressed. She has fallen again twice recently and both times receiving cuts and bruising to her head and face, and the last time spraining her wrist. This seems to have caused her further deterioration. She is still receiving the best of care from excellent staff, but unfortunately she cannot appreciate it.

How likely would you be to recommend Riverside View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Claire Westmorland, Home Manager at Riverside View Care Home responded to this review on 16 Dec 2015:

Barbara, thanks so much for your review of Riverside Care Home. We take every review extremely seriously, and always act on the feedback. We are really pleased that you are finding the care your mother is receiving of a high standard. As you mention, your mother is prone to falls and because of this we are taking extra care to ensure these are minimised as much as possible, whilst allowing her to maintain as much independence as is possible. We are constantly reviewing the most appropriate way to care for your mother, and will keep talking with you to discuss how things are going. Likewise, if you have any concerns or suggestions that you think may make your mother feel more positive, we are always keen to hear them. Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you soon.

All the staff from the manager to domestics do an excellent job. All are very helpful and caring. They all look after my husband with dignity and love.

Submit a Review for Riverside View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Riverside View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Riverside View Care Home