Barchester Meadow Park Care Home

Choppington Road, Bedlington NE22 6LA

Ideally located in Bedlington, convenient to Newcastle and Morpeth, Meadow Park provides first-class 24-hour residential care alongside expert care for people with dementia in their Memory Lane Community.

Meadow Park is proudly accredited as part of Barchester’s 10-60-06 Dementia Care programme. This reflects the quality of dementia care and improved quality of life experienced by the residents at Meadow Park.

The highly-qualified and attentive staff focus on the individual needs of each resident, creating tailored care plans for each person. This dedication can be seen across the board, in cooking, hospitality and organised activities for their residents.

Professionals believe they are ideally suited to meet individual needs now and in the future and welcome visitors to the home.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Suzanne Hudson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 61 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Meadow Park Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Meadow Park Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Meadow Park Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.492 for Barchester Meadow Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (76 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 130 Ratings = 4.492

The 4.738 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Meadow Park Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.2 positive Reviews (61 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 12.2 Target = 0.738

9.2 Barchester Meadow Park Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.230) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Meadow Park Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Meadow Park Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

The care home overall is very good. I have an issue with my mother-in-law's belongings going missing never to be seen again. Her overall care is very good and the staff treat her well I am concerned with the lack of stimulation I.e activities but I appreciate the difficulty as residents all have different levels of needs. Overall I would recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Meadow Park Care Home? Likely

For more than five years my mam has resided in Meadow Park, initially for immobility, but more recently with a marked deterioration in mental capacity. Over these years the staff and home have consistently demonstrated a high level of commitment to my mam's unique personal needs. They make time to talk with her and her visitors, they make big efforts to make my mam enjoy what she can out of every day, such as putting music on and singing with her. I feel my mam has always had and continues to have the same level of respect that I get. I think this must be intentional, by the way the staff are recruited and trained.

Thank you Meadow Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Meadow Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Suzanne Hudson, General Manager at Barchester Meadow Park Care Home responded to this review on 20 Dec 2017:

We thank you for your review. The General Manager and all the Staff at Meadow Park will continue to ensure your Mam and all our Residents receive the best quality of care and high level of commitment.

My experience of the home is that it has a friendly and caring atmosphere and that all residents are treated with dignity and respect. Individual needs are met and staff do their utmost to ensure residents are happy and settled. There are varied activities and residents are encouraged to participate. There is a good choice of meals and kitchen staff always accommodate any individual requests from residents. Laundry and cleaning services are of a high standard. I visit the home daily and have seen staff and management deal with varied situations and they always do so with compassion and professionalism. Definitely a home I would recommend.

Thank you very much for your review. The General Manager and all the staff at Meadow Park appreciate your recognition of the services we deliver to all our Residents.

My mother has been here since April. She has settled in lovely. All staff and residents are very friendly. It is so homely, my mother thinks she is in her own home. Staff will go above and beyond their duties to look after the resident's well being.

Suzanne Hudson, General Manager at Barchester Meadow Park Care Home responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

The staff will continue to provide the best quality of care and 'home from home ' service to our Residents. Thank you for your feed back.

My husband was for many months cared for with great dignity and affection which was a great comfort for our family to know he was in safe hands.

Initial inspection was excellent, largely due to the commitment and interaction with residents by the assistant care manager.
After a successful week's respite, our parents have now become permanent residents.
Our parents appear to like the homemade food and enjoy some of the activities.
It appears that all staff are working hard to make them settle in.

I needed a short stay after a fall and my niece arranged it. My first time in a care home and I was nervous but staff did everything that could do to help me relax and feel comfortable. I had lovely showers and felt better than I have in a long time after them. The staff were busy all the time.

My aunt aged 96 needed care after a fall. It's the first time she's needed help and she enjoyed her stay giving us the confidence to use the home again if it's needed as she said she would happily return.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Meadow Park Care Home? Likely

On the whole, my opinion of the home is good but there are 2 things that bug me. The laundry - it smells of urine (not sure if soiled and unsoiled washed together) and the ironing terrible. I have started to take laundry away but that's not what I wanted.
Activities - my mum is on memory lane but still active and feel there are not enough things going on to keep her busy. She likes to walk (I do come and take her out a few times a week but on nice days, it would be nice for her to still go outside. They could maybe allocate little jobs for her, anything to keep her busy.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Meadow Park Care Home? Likely

Suzanne Hudson, General Manager at Barchester Meadow Park Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review on carehome.co.uk. In response to the two issues raised, we have made improvements with our laundry system, whereby laundered clothes are to be hung on clothes rails after being laundered before being placed in residents' rooms, this will minimise creases in the clothing. All clothing are sorted into separate containers before being laundered, this will minimise 'odours'.

Our activities schedule was recently reviewed to meet the individual needs and preferences of our residents, introducing a weekly activities planner and also improved key-worker system. The impact on these improvements have been positive. We are also working with all the staff team to ensure that we share 'whats going on' in the home with regards to activities, so all relatives will be able to see how the residents at Meadow Park participate in this.

On visiting Meadow Park, I found the staff very friendly and helpful.
My aunt has a lovely, well cared for room. The lounge is spacious for the residents and I'm always offered a cup of tea and my uncle has stayed for lunch a few times. I have also noticed they are given choices for meals which I think personally, is a good thing for the resident.

I can not speak more highly about the care afforded me during my stay at Meadow Park. Each and every member of staff are friendly and courteous. Anyone who may be looking for a care home for their family member, whether it is residential or respite, this is certainly a place I would recommend. Next best place to home.

Submit a Review for Barchester Meadow Park Care Home

posted 10 Apr 2018

Residential
Residential /Dementia

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Meadow Park Care Home