Foxley House, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Foxley House, in Glasgow, offers an ideal environment for the practice of dementia care, excellent for carers striving for high standards of healthcare and personalised services while also suiting a comfortable lifestyle.

Carers are Friendly, Skilled and Experienced in a wide range of challenging needs, including dementia, sensory impairments and stroke, while also being able to carry out palliative care.

Group: Foxcare Ltd

Person in charge: Brian Murray (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 23 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Eating Disorders • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £535 – £750 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £535 – £700 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Foxley House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Foxley House: click here

posted 30 Oct 2017

Care Home Placement

9.8 Foxley House has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.815)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Foxley House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Foxley House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.815 for Foxley House is calculated as follows: ( (179 Excellents x 5) + (34 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 216 Ratings = 4.815

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Foxley House is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.6 positive Reviews (23 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 4.6 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Foxley House?

Reviewer Connection to Foxley House

• Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

My mum has been a resident here for a year now and I am very pleased with the care and attention she receives from all the staff. The home has all the facilities and aids that residents may require no matter what mobility they may lack. If you have any questions regarding your family members care, the staff are always accessible. Staff also provide entertainment for the residents i.e. they are not just left in a corner. Dependant on the weather, staff arrange varied trips out locally or by mini bus. I would not hesitate to recommend Foxley House.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

I find Foxley a great place to live. The staff are amazing, they look after me so well. If I want to go upstairs they run to carry my Zimmer for me, we have a laugh, the boss says I'm never to go up by myself in case I fall and to just let her know whenever I need anything.
If anything is wrong with me I just go to the office and it gets sorted out immediately.
My family is always made to feel welcome when they visit me and are welcome to have tea with me.
My friends and I sit in the garden in the nice weather with a wee ice cream and juice, we all get a hat to wear.
I feel content and well looked after by all the girls.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My mother is a resident of Foxley and has been there for three years. She is well looked after and has formed good friends with residents and staff through the years. She enjoys sitting in the garden and going to church outings and social events. There are good, organised events in-house during the year. I feel she is safe, happy and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

I have no complaints about the home and I try not to cause too much bother. I get on well with the girls who work here. I don't go through life without having a few words to say to some people but here is a very good place. I'm happy with the meals and have just cleared 2 plates at lunch time and when I don't have to cook it it's even better.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

I have lived here since 2012 and couldn't be happier, I share a room with a lovely lady and we get on well. My brother also stays here and it's great for both of us to be close to each other, my daughter visits every week and I have lots of time with other family members. The home is lovely and the staff amazing. They are such fun all the time and never bothered by anything anyone asks, the food is good and we can get anything we want anytime. I love the party nights we have as I like a good sing song, theres also lots going on during the day. I was out helping to plant some flowers last week and they put up lots of pictures of what we do so we can have good memories. I would recommend the home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My gran was in for respite again, this is about the fourth time and she loves it. It's the only home she would consider using.
I find the staff lovely and approachable, there's nothing they won't do and they are the same with all the residents. It's such a relief to be able to go on holiday and know that she is well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

Found the staff always helpful and pleasant no matter when you arrive. The home was always clean and tidy. Residents were always treated with dignity and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed in Foxley for almost 3 years due to the onset of dementia. Throughout her stay the care was excellent. All of the staff are extremely friendly and professional and the care they provide is of the highest order. As a family, this gave us great peace of mind in that we knew that mum was being looked after as you do still, unfortunately, hear some horror story's regarding care homes. We never had any doubt as to the quality of care mum was receiving while in Foxley. You could drop by at any time and always made very welcome. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, the level of care they provide, the personal touch as they do treat residents more like family than residents. I would have no hesitation in recommending Foxley to anybody it really is a first class home where you know your loved ones will be extremely well looked after. Thank you Foxley for taking such great care of my mum. We will always remember what you did for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

Brian Murray, Home Manager at Foxley House responded to this review on 21 Mar 2017:

Many thanks for all the reviews, it's always a pleasure for staff to look after such wonderful residents and we always think of their families as our family too. All the staff are delighted with the reviews.

We were extremely impressed with the way all the staff treated my mum in the time she was in the home. They treated her like their own mum and were always very cheery any time we visited. I would recommend the home to any friend who was looking for a place to care for their family in these circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My mother received excellent care while at Foxley House. All staff were very professional and caring, nothing was ever a bother to them. Always going that extra mile to make sure all residents felt safe and secure. Staff were always on hand to give an update on any information that needed to be passed on to family members. I would highly recommend Foxley House as an excellent place of care. This is mainly due to all the management and very caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

I found the Care Home an extremely happy place for my mother to be a resident of. I could relax in the knowledge that she was being well looked after and cared for. The staff were always so pleasant and helpful and nothing was too much bother. All the residents always had a smile on their faces and certainly seemed happy. They always tried to have some sort of daily activity on to keep the residents active and interested and they all seemed to get involved. Karaoke evenings were fun, usually hosted by the staff on duty but sometimes they would bring in a singer to entertain. Unfortunately, my mum recently passed but I am content to know that she was always well taken care of and fussed over by the girls in the home. I would certainly recommend Foxley House without hesitation.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My gran has been here for over a year and I was asked to fill in one of these reviews after the Christmas party. I am happy to do it as I think Foxley is a great home. Great staff, great management and they always make the residents happy. The party was amazing, such a good atmosphere, great food and great music. I'm so happy my gran is here and would always recommend Foxley house to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My mother receives excellent care at Foxley House and I find the management and staff very professional and very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My gran has had a few stays here for respite and recently in December. The staff are always amazing, they just pull out all the stops to make sure the residents are well looked after. The home looked great with the Christmas decorations, you would never know it was a care home. So pleased every time we come here and a particular female care is an absolute star.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

Brian Murray, Care Manager at Foxley House responded to this review on 04 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review. We always strive to provide the best possible care and we are delighted that you were so happy with it.

My wife went into Foxley in January 2016, initially so that I could get a few weeks respite. It became apparent that she should have been in full time care and as she had seemingly settled well, the family and I decided to keep her there for full time care. The home was clean, the food was good, the staff are lovely, caring and patient. Unfortunately after a few months, her condition deteriorated and she really required full time nursing care. In April we managed to get her into a "Specialist Nursing Dementia" unit. In her few months in Foxley House, she was loved and really looked after by their exceptional staff. Our whole family will miss them!

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

My wife and I have always found the staff at Foxley care home to be friendly and welcoming. The staff members are always attentive and caring to the residents, and always try to make their stay as positive as possible. The senior staff are extremely approachable and are willing to discuss any concerns that relatives have.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

I find the staff very helpful and attentive. The general atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable and the staff go out of their way to make sure the residents are as happy and contented as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Foxley House? Extremely Likely

Foxley House provides a kind and caring family environment. We can only praise all staff involved with residents.

Submit a Review for Foxley House

Date: Friday 23 Nov 2012

Brian Murray

Job Title: Care Manager

Joined: 2011

Has worked in care for 23 years.
Has been a manager for 13 years.
qualified to level 4 in management and health and social care.
qualified trainer.
registered with SSSC.
Member of Dementia Care Matters.
Nominated for Manager of the Year 2013.

Aims to ensure person centred care is the main focus of all staff, that the needs and preferences of each resident are individualised and tailored specifically to them. To ensure Foxley House is as much of a home to them as it can be.

Hobbies include
Photography
Computing
Travelling
Reading
Writing
Playing Guitar

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Foxley House