Rutherglen Care Home

10 Rodger Drive, Rutherglen, Glasgow G73 3QZ

Rutherglen consists of five separate houses, each offering a warm and homely environment with care plans tailored to individual needs. The home offers care to those with dementia, as well as nursing and respite care.

Situated in the pleasant area of Rutherglen, this purpose built care facility offers a high standard of accommodation and facilities to support a positive social atmosphere, with bright sun rooms, landscaped gardens and bedrooms that can be personalised to individual taste.

The chef only uses fresh ingredients, with mealtimes and nutrition treated as a priority and taking on board personal preferences.

There is an extensive Activities Programme with Reminiscence classes, craft and gardening clubs and a variety of other activities tailored to individual interests and abilities. Strong community links are a priority, with local nursery schools and groups for the elderly visiting on a regular basis.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Billy Thomson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 225 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Hindi, Malayalam, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Extensive Car Parking available

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Rutherglen Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Rutherglen Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 45 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rutherglen Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 26 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.611 for Rutherglen Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (373 Excellents x 5) + (123 Goods x 4) + (37 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 537 Ratings = 4.611

The 4.578 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rutherglen Care Home is based on 26 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 45 positive Reviews (225 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 26 Reviews ÷ 45 Target = 0.578

9.2 Rutherglen Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.189) from 45 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rutherglen Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Rutherglen Care Home

My mother suffers from Alzheimer's disease. She became a resident in 2018 as she could no longer live by herself. As a family, we are so grateful our mum is at Beechwood House. Every single member of the staff has treated our mum with dignity and respect ensuring that mum is treated as an individual. As a family, we are grateful to Beechwood for taking such wonderful care of our mum. Staff are also so kind and respectful to all our family as well. We can't thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2018:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your personal experiences at Rutherglen Care Home. I will make sure all the staff are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated.

Staff and employees all very good and professional, caring and empathetic.

Mum has been here 9 years.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for your kind words, our teams try hard in all circumstances to ensure we provide the best care and support possible, I will make sure that they are aware of your review.

I am happy with the care my dad is receiving. All the Carers are very nice to my dad and both my brother and myself are happy he is in this unit.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

We try very hard to provide the very best support possible at Rutherglen Care Home. It often goes unnoticed. So it is with real gratitude that I say thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I will happily let all the staff know that their efforts are appreciated.

My mum is very content in Beachwood, the staff are fantastic and very caring and show empathy when dealing with residents, they all deserve an award for their work. I cannot praise them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is in the Woodburn Unit and is well cared for. Staff are key when there are changes or issues, this is reflected in my mum's behaviour and happiness. More people for arts and crafts and outings would be amazing. A need for IT capabilities would add so much, she is unable to use a mobile of her own but for her, us and England based family to be able to email to her pictures etc would so very much help our communication.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Likely

Billy Thomson, Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 25 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for this positive review. I note your concerns regarding technology and am delighted to tell you that this an area which Advinia, our new owners, are also extremely interested in pursuing. We are lucky in that we already have a pretty good Wi-Fi system installed and we are now looking at what hardware would best suit to take advantage of new ideas.

All staff, from unit manager to nurses to the housekeeping staff, have been wonderful since our aunt came to stay. They are so attentive and kind to her. When visiting I see them work hard to make everyone happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

It is easy for the people who work here to feel occasionally underappreciated, it can be a hard job, but when you see such positive feedback from families, like yourself and our residents, it makes all the effort worthwhile. The people who work here choose this because they go home at night knowing that they have supported someone, made them laugh, or held their hand while they cried, not just a job, a vocation.

Very pleased with everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for your review, I share all these reviews at our team meetings in order that the staff can see that their efforts are recognised. Everyone from every department works really hard to make people's lives here as full and as happy as possible.

Staff are very caring and ensure that my mother is happy, well looked after and secure. Cannot praise the staff highly enough. They are a very dedicated team.

Billy Thomson at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

No matter how many meetings I have with staff, or how many times they are told by managers they are doing great, it is never as well received as it is when families and residents take the time and effort to praise them. Because of the dedication and commitment demonstrated on a daily basis by staff, I am proud to be part of their team. Many thanks.

We have only moved into the home in October 2017 and not only has my mother positively responded to her new environment but my life has been totally transformed with all previous responsibilities being taken over to my satisfaction.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister and I are very happy with the care and attention my mother receives in Waverley House. All the staff are very friendly and approachable.

Billy Thomson at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. Staff are regularly recognised by their managers, but it so pleasing when relatives respond as you have. I will ensure that your kind words are passed on.

My aunt is well looked after. She is always clean and tidy. I am confident that she is being well cared for as I do not live nearby and only visit once a week. The staff are excellent, not only in the way they deal with my aunt but also in their care for me. They are always willing to answer any queries I may have. They get to know relatives too and you feel part of what is going on.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 23 Apr 2018:

I am so pleased that you have taken the time to send this review, thank you. Visiting weekly still gives you some precious time with your aunt. We do try to involve all our visitors in the life of our home, looking for ideas or ways we could make living here even better. One of the best things about these reviews is the smiles from staff when they realise it is their caring attitude and approach which is being highlighted.

From all our past visits over many years, we visit our parishioners from the past as well as other residents. We find everyone very happy and content and we enjoy spending time and chatting about people they associated with in the past.

The whole atmosphere is wonderful and the staff treat all with great respect and are very helpful and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

When people come to live at Rutherglen Care Home, it is so important to keep up as much contact as possible with their family and friends. Your visits mean a great deal and we are proud of our continuing relationship with you and the positive impact it has on all the people you see. Many thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Satisfied with Care.
All care staff - excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2018:

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I will ensure that the staff are aware of your positive views. They really appreciate the recognition from families more so than colleagues, it means a lot.
Many thanks.

My mother has now been in care for 8 months. We have only had one review when she entered at the beginning. It was excellent. I now feel that the standards are not the same. There are too many staff changes causing confusion for the residents and families. Members of my family have found medication on the floors which I feel is unacceptable. We also have to ask staff to take my mother to the toilet.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Firstly, thank you for this review, and although it saddens me to read it, I am glad you are able to express your views on behalf of your mum.
We strive very hard to provide high quality care and where we appear to fall short, we all take it very personally and will try our best to ensure we regain your confidence. I will personally investigate your concerns and contact you separately.

As a resident who has dementia and dysphasia, I was finding it hard to cope on my own at home, even with family support. Since coming to Rodger Park (Rutherglen) I've had problems fitting in but all the staff have been very helpful and supportive which has helped me to settle down. This is my home now and I have accepted that but it has taken months to achieve but I believe I have reached that goal now.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Likely

Billy Thomson, Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for letting people know how your experience in a Care Home has been. There are so many examples in the media demonstrating bad support and care. For us at Rutherglen, it is a journey, not filled with dread, rather a place to live with compassion and laughter.

The staff at Melrose are excellent, they are always helpful and take very good care of the resident no matter what time of day we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Home Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for your kind words. The staff work very hard to ensure that everyone who lives here are both supported and respected in equal measure. I will ensure that they hear of your praise.
Again, many thanks

Have no complaints regarding the staff and the care they provide for my husband. The unit and rooms are in need of upgrading or at least decoration.
My husband has settled well and I give credit to the staff for their patience and care they provide for very challenging service users.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rutherglen Care Home is a very welcoming house with extremely friendly and caring staff. They are very approachable and understanding if questions need to be asked or clarified. Nothing is too much trouble.
The house itself is clean, welcoming and has a cosy atmosphere for all of the residents and visitors alike.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

My uncle has settled very well into this home. He is delighted with the overall care, the staff are delightful and no matter what he asks seems to be no bother, which in turn makes him very relaxed. He has not been involved in any activities as yet.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Home Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 09 Apr 2018:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I know staff are expected to be warm, welcoming and above all, caring, but it is nice when people take the time to say so.
Again, many thanks

Highly recommend Rodger Park (Rutherglen) staff. They are kind, polite and helpful and information regarding father stays up to date which is reassuring to the family. The family is happy with the care provided and would happily recommend the care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thanks so much for this Andrew, I have started to encourage our staff to read these reviews as it is the quality of support that they give which means so much when it is recognised by family and friends.
Kind Regards

I have found the care given to a very high standard. The staff show a very caring and helpful attitude and high commitment to duty at all times. The unit has a friendly, homely atmosphere where families visiting are always welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dear Mary, thank you so much for your kind words.
It is testament to the caring attitude and support given by all our staff. I will share your review with the staff to let them know that their work is appreciated.
Kind regards

Was pleased my friend settled in very well. Staff were very approachable and did their best to make you feel welcome. I had no problem with asking for advice on my friend's illness and could talk to the doctor about his health and medication.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Likely

Thank you so much for your review, I can tell you that it makes such a difference to the people who work tirelessly to support everyone who lives at Rutherglen Care Home. And this small recognition means a lot.
Kind regards

Nonna is very happy in Melrose House. The staff are amazing and do everything they can to make her feel at home

Everything is there - lovely food and grounds and there is usually something going on to entertain her.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Home Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 03 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for your review, all our staff work tirelessly to ensure that the people who live at Rutherglen Care Home, receive the very best possible support. It is great that they can see from your review that we are getting things right.

Rutherglen has been a great help to all our family. Not only is Dad safe and well cared for, but we all are made to feel so welcome when we visit. The staff are very caring and react quickly if they or we are the slightest bit concerned about Dad's health.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Over the past 4 months, I had both parents in Woodside Unit, my father very sadly had Parkinsons plus and has now died. My mother has dementia.
The caring staff have been wonderful, everything from the caring for both parents to dad's palliative care was so thoughtfully organised and handled so sensitively.
Mum has been a bit down since dad died 3 weeks ago, not quite realising why but again the staff realise this and encourage her to take part in activities.
She has been in the home now for 18 months and the home has never let us down in the care and keeping her occupied.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit the home to see a friend of my late mother, and although she was a reluctant admission she is being looked after fantastically well. She has put on weight and her walking is much better. She has made some friends and is very fond of those who look after her.
I always enjoy going to see her and am no longer worried about her welfare.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Billy Thomson, Home Manager at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 19 Mar 2018:

We try very hard to provide the very best service possible to our residents and it is great that you have taken the time to write this review, Peter.
Many thanks.

After spending four months in hospital, where staff do not get him up, my brother moved into Rodgerpark. Within two days they had him up with clothes on and enjoying meals in the dining room. The following week he was walking with a zimmer. The week after that he was walking unaided.
Within a month he was enjoying a trip to the coast (he has spent the last.... months housebound or in hospital) with the staff. Within two weeks he had put on nearly a stone in weight. The staff are very caring and helpful. Nothing phases them. They are also very welcoming to me and other visitors. He is enjoying himself and now looks on Rodgerpark as home. As far as I am concerned, the above is a miracle.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jul 2017:

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review with us, we really, really appreciate your feedback. I am so pleased to hear about your brother's progress, I am so happy he is making improvements. Thank you for all your kind words regarding the care home. I will share your feedback with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My experience of Melrose House has been wonderful, caring staff to all, made to feel welcome at all times. Dad looks much better and feels very safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 12 May 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am writing this because I come to visit a resident. I am actually very pleased with the attention she is receiving - when I come to visit the staff are so friendly and in the short time I have been coming I'm known to them all by name. The staff always ensure that the cleanliness is maintained and I can make tea or coffee as I am visiting her in her own home. Altogether wonderful care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that you can feel like it is a home from home and everyone is friendly.

I have found that the care and attention given to my mother to be of a high standard. All staff are caring and considerate to the needs of the residents, giving a personal touch to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

Mum was fortunate to be admitted here in September 2016 and has continued to thrive ever since. Prior to admission she had several strokes and was diagnosed with dementia. Her care and attention to detail from all members of staff has been exemplary. They consider her particular needs and implement a client centred approach when dealing with her on a daily basis. This is not a one size fits all place. Since admission, she has continued to put on weight and her mood is one of contentment. She is encouraged to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts and karaoke which has always been a passion of mums.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2017:

The care home is very clean and has a welcoming atmosphere to visitors. The staff are very caring towards the residents. Altogether a very pleasant environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is well cared for by very attentive staff who are all very fond of her. This has been the case for nearly ten years now.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 03 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am happy with the care my dad is getting in this care home and I don't have any complaints. The staff are friendly and polite, they are never far away if needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Delighted with all the care and attention my husband gets.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servieies administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 08 Feb 2017:

Enjoyed being able to join my mum to bring in the New Year.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jan 2017:

I think it's the best care home. Staff are so good at taking care of the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister has been a resident for 2 years and seems very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jan 2017:

Very pleased, mother is doing very well. She seems to be eating a lot better. There is lots of entertainment to keep her happy and the staff are very helpful.
Friendly and attentive and I could not ask for any better.
Personally, I wish I could stay here myself. 10 out of 10 Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are very understanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt has settled into the Home, her bedroom is always clean and tidy, any maintenance is sorted out relatively quickly. I have a nice rapport with the staff and they are courteous to my aunt. Over Christmas and New Year the unit was decorated with Christmas Tree, lights and decorations which brightened up the lounge for the residents. There was also a Christmas Party for the residents and family members which was enjoyed by all.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Likely

December was a lovely time in Rodgerpark. They decorated the lounge and hallway with beautiful Christmas baubles and a lovely twinkling Christmas tree.
The Christmas party was a fabulous afternoon, we had nice food, drinks and great music and dancing. My brother won a few prizes in the raffle which delighted him. Everyone enjoyed the party. Many thanks to all the staff for making Christmas a special time.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

Staff are always on hand to help with any queries I have. My dad gets treated with respect and the care required for his needs. If there are any concerns regarding my dad, I'm contacted by telephone. Our family were very apprehensive about taking dad from his own home but he has settled in extremely well

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 20 Oct 2016:

My relative has been well cared for and fed. Having the care and attention has improved my relatives quality and quantity of life. If all palliative care homes had the same structure of management then other ill elderly people would be happy and not afraid of going into care.

Anything I have asked as regards my relative has been answered or dealt with quickly and efficiently. The staff needs more "hands" at meal times and toilet times as these are the busiest and everything "needs" at the same time.

How likely would you be to recommend Rutherglen Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Custopmer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 21 Apr 2016:

Dad's personal care with staff has been good he has also got great relationships with some of the staff they have learnt his needs quickly. Although had problems in the past with some issues we feel after having meeting with everyone these seem to have been resolved. We have got a great relationship with most of the staff and they are always willing to help with any issues that we have. Dad joins in any activities when he is well enough to do so and as a family we enjoy these times with dad.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Rutherglen Care Home responded to this review on 18 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Rutherglen Care Home

posted 25 May 2018

Frail + Elderly and Dementia beds available
Please call or visit anytime

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rutherglen Care Home