Charlotte House, Isleworth, London

Charlotte House is a highly-skilled Isleworth care home that looks after elderly people, many of whom have complicated mental health problems, such as dementia, and need assisting in maintaining ability to live an independent lifestyle.

All rooms at this modern facility are en suite and residents have personally-tailored care packages to ensure they do not miss out on any methods, treatment or medication that can benefit them.

Service users enjoy attractive grounds and homely interiors, with personal items as welcome as friends and loved ones, and a hairdresser visiting once a week.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Zoe Smith (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Hounslow Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Charlotte House: click here

8.5 Charlotte House has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.523)

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Charlotte House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Charlotte House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.773 for Charlotte House is calculated as follows: ( (122 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 154 Ratings = 4.773

The 3.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Charlotte House is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.250

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Charlotte House?

Reviewer Connection to Charlotte House

My sister is like a different person since arriving at Charlotte House. She keeps telling me how pleased she is living in her new home.
She tells me how kind the carers are and I have noticed how caring they are with the residents.
The manager is very supportive and approachable and is seen talking with residents regularly. My sister is starting to put weight on with all the lovely food, the chef personally met and discussed an individual nutrition plan with us both.
The 2 new activity staff have breathed new life into the home. Thank you so much to all staff.
My only negative comment is that the garden could be improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Charlotte House responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your kind scores and comments – I’m particularly happy to hear how much your sister is enjoying living at Charlotte House. We have been working hard recently to refresh the home with new facilities and communal spaces for everyone to use, and I’m very pleased to tell you that we have now started work to improve the garden. A water feature is currently being added, as well as some brand new raised flower beds, and we are launching a gardening club for residents to plant these with a range of sensory plants and flowers. We are also looking to add more garden furniture so hopefully when you visit in the coming weeks there will be even more for you and your sister to enjoy. Thank you again for making the time to write a review, and please do let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

The transformation in my father in law since being placed in Charlotte House has been fantastic.
He arrived bed-ridden and unable to communicate after being discharged from the hospital.
He is now able to walk (with help) and although he suffers from Dementia, staff always have time to talk to him, which means he is now able to communicate with everyone.
The staff and management have looked after him exceptionally, showing excellent care at all times and I am extremely grateful to all of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

I have found nothing with the home. My husband likes it there.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

My mother has just moved to Charlotte House and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality, the attention to care and hospitality shown by all staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

Such a lovely home and wonderful staff who really care about my brother and cater to his challenging needs. Charlotte House has really helped me in a very tough time, and I would like to personally thank the manager for all her hard work.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

My nan enjoyed her days at Charlotte House. The staff are lovely. The food is good and time is taken to prepare the food the residents like. The rooms are cleaned daily. They have 2 activity staff who are great. I would recommend Charlotte House to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

Lovely, caring staff from manager to carers to domestics. Good food and the activities have improved recently. Home is clean and awaiting refurbishment. I'm very happy with my aunt's care.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the home, the staff are most helpful and will do anything to help you, the food is good every day. I am glad that I was able to come here, I am happy every day, the place is very clean, your room is cleaned every day. I can not praise the staff and management enough they are the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

Good care, friendly staff. Very good laundry service.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

My aunt has settled so well in her new environment and it is all thanks to the staff and carers employed there. My aunt's placement has given me peace of mind and enabled me to get my own life back. Thank you to everyone at Charlotte House.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

My Aunt quotes " I love it here, everyone is so friendly and I feel really taken care off. The staff are really friendly and are in and out of my room all the time. I like the food and my room is very nice".

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

It's not nice having a relative in care, but if you have to do it, the staff and team at Charlotte House do a great job. We thought about what we were looking for, including location, and chose Charlotte House. We worked with the staff as part of their team, supporting them in the difficult job they do.
They were thoughtful, considerate, caring and respectful. They kept the family informed, and guided us where we were out of our depth.
I will always remember the fond welcome I received, the kind care my Dad received and the personal support the staff gave me.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Likely

My wife has been at Charlotte House for 3 and a half years. Her care has always been excellent it is a great comfort to me to know that she is so well looked after. The home is friendly, warm, relaxed and the staff are extremely good and very understanding. The administrator is a little haphazard on occasions but this does not in any way effect the excellent of the care.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlotte House? Extremely Likely

Irene Mucklow, Sales &Marketing Team Coordinator at Charlotte House responded to this review on 23 Sep 2015:

We’re grateful for your feedback and are delighted with the positive comments and fantastic scores for the care and support we provide. We hope that you have now had the opportunity of meeting our new administrator.

Submit a Review for Charlotte House

December 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Charlotte House