Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community

35 Arterberry Road, Wimbledon, London SW20 8AG

Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community, London, London

This wonderfully elegant and historical setting is today home to a vibrant community where life is anything but dull. Ideally located in South West London, Wimbledon Beaumont provide first-class 24-hour nursing and residential care alongside expert care for people living with dementia, including young onset in their Memory Lane Community. They also offer respite care and short breaks, while catering for people requiring neuro-rehabilitation and those who have a physical disability.

A team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And dedication can be seen across the board - in cooking, hospitality and organising activities.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Paul Hart (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Merton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 49 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French, Italian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community: click here

posted 30 Oct 2017

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

9.5 Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.529)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.529 for Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community is calculated as follows: ( (87 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 140 Ratings = 4.529

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.8 positive Reviews (49 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 9.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community

Every time I visited my grandmother during her respite visit to Wimbledon Beaumont, she was very happy. She would often be in the activities lounge and being looked after by carers at meal times. Food was good, I even had dinner with my grandmother. Staff were friendly and the matron very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community? Likely

It is a fantastic residential home. My grandfather is very happy here! The place is well kept and very clean.
The staff are extremely friendly and are always ready to help my grandfather and I am so thankful for this.

It's a very lovely atmosphere, everyone was very kind and helpful. I would highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community? Extremely Likely

The staff are all very friendly. The rooms are comfortable. The care is good and the entertainments are interesting and varied. The food is good and plentiful. The attention is prompt when unwell, and the company stimulating. We look forward to the days.

It's a very happy home. You can find someone to help you with anything and they don't treat you as a nuisance.

I am at the beginning of my stay at the home having been in my family home for many years. My change to assisted living has been much less painful thanks to the care, help and kindness of the staff. Not only is the care food but there is also a friendly atmosphere which makes it feel more like home than an institution. When visiting some other potential care homes I have felt that they are less geared to the needs of the individual.

I have found a great deal of empathy from some carers and particularly when my wife fell and was taken to St. Georges Hospital, outstandingly supportive and very often lightly attentive, supportive and pleasant. The staff and management are always approachable and a pleasure to talk to.

I am nearly 98 years of age and have lived very happily at the Beaumont for eleven years. My room is my home and has everything I need.
My only worry is the security during the early evening as when the receptionist leaves at five o'clock anyone could walk in for several hours until the excellent night security begins. One of my sons-in-law too mentioned this several times.

Safety / Security: Poor

Paul Hart, General Manager at Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community responded to this review on 07 Jun 2017:

Thank-you for your review. I am aware that your comment on security relates to the ease of access through the front doors after the receptionist has left. We are changing the front entrance doors and finalising the details with the appointed contractor at present and will ensure that your concerns on security are addressed.

Staff are excellent and will do anything for you.
Home bright and clean.

Paul Hart, General Manager at Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community responded to this review on 01 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your valued feedback.

I feel safe and secure in Wimbledon Beaumont and enjoy the privacy of my flat, which is light and airy, but also the ability to share meal times with other residents in the dining room.

The staff are considerate of my needs, giving me help with washing, bathing and dressing every morning. My flat is kept clean and tidied. I can call on night staff if I need them.

I am given the freedom to come and go as I please and the staff respect my independence but help with tasks I have difficulty with.

As to whether I would recommend Wimbledon Beaumont would depend on very in the financial availability of the person concerned and how would I know that!!
I have found over the years that I have been visiting friends and sometimes the answering of the call bell has been somewhat slow and in some cases, I have ended up trying to find help.
I have always found the staff including the manager very helpful and welcoming to visitors.

Paul Hart, General Manager at Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community responded to this review on 31 Mar 2017:

I am disappointed to read the comment on answering of call bells and I shall be discussing this comment with Matron and staff. The nurse call system produces electronic records which are reviewed regularly to ensure that the well being of residents is not compromised.

My wife and I both aged 92 moved to the home in August 2015. We purchased an apartment in a block adjacent to the retirement home. We can live as independently as we wish and use the facilities of the home as and when we wish or need to, these include a restaurant and various activities of the home including help with shopping. As long as we have a car we benefit from a car park pass of the apartment block and a garden adjacent to it.

Submit a Review for Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community

Paul

Paul Hart

Joined: 2006

I have been General Manager at the Wimbledon Beaumont since 2006 and I have worked in the nursing and residential sector for more than 14 years. My background, however, is in management in service industries, which is where I get my keen attention to detail and commitment to the importance of mentoring, supporting, encouraging and developing our staff. This is a major contributing factor to our high staff retention and the vibrant, warm and friendly welcome you that you will always receive when you visit Wimbledon Beaumont.

Tetri

Tetri Baksh

Job Title: Clinical & Deputy Manager

Joined: 2002

I am privileged to serve in the role of both Clinical and Deputy Manager since 2002, having direct responsibility for care and liaising with family and management.

Prior to joining the company, I worked in various nursing management roles, including A.D.N.S. My interests and commitments are centred particularly on how to constantly improve the lives of the elderly and how to aid staff to ensure that residents can maintain their independence, choice, comfort and dignity so that they can live happy and meaningful lives in our home.

I like to be seen as a person who is committed to improving knowledge and skill in our workforce. I have completed a 2-year course in the Gold Standard of Care, received an NVQ Level 4 Management Award and, most recently, I have complete an updated course in the Safe Handling of Medication.

My achievements as a nurse include 'Nurse of the Year' at the 2011 Barchester Care Awards and 'Employee of the Month' in 2016. I am grateful to be chosen to serve in this noble profession and work for Barchester Healthcare.

Gaby

Gaby Neary

Job Title: Home Administrator

Joined: 2017

I joined Wimbledon Beaumont in February 2017 as the Home Administrator and, along with my team of Admin Assistants, I manage the administrative systems within the home.

I have an NVQ in Business Administration and have been working in the healthcare sector for over 10 years, in both administrative and managerial positions.

I really enjoy working with the team here at Wimbledon Beaumont; they have all been very welcoming and each has a fountain of knowledge to draw upon.

Working for Barchester has been great, as it’s a company that truly cares about the welfare of its employees as much as they care about the welfare of residents.

Paul

Paul Christopher

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

Joined: 2004

I have been the Activity Organiser here at The Wimbledon Beaumont for the last 12 years. I find my role satisfying, continually evolving and also challenging in finding fulfilling and fun activities for Residents.

Christopher

Christopher Evans

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2016

I have worked in most areas of catering and have acquired a vast amount of transferable knowledge, having most recently worked in a school, so I have extensive knowledge of nutrition. I am passionate about making delicious meals, whilst catering to the individual requirements of residents.

Michelle

Michelle Iungano

Job Title: Head of Housekeeping

Joined: 2015

Since joining the team in 2015, my responsibilities have included providing an efficient housekeeping service that fully meets the individual needs of all our clients. The job can be quite varied and I am passionate about my team delivering high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. It is personally rewarding to be part of Wimbledon Beaumont.

George

George Goodson

Job Title: Head of Maintenance

Joined: 2017

Having completed a five-year apprenticeship as an electrician some years ago, I have since always been involved in building maintenance and repair in one form or another. I originally joined Barchester in 2009 and, since then, I have stayed in the care maintenance environment, as I have always enjoyed the work and meeting interesting people.

It was great to be offered the chance to come back to Wimbledon Beaumont; I jumped at the chance and I have loved meeting all the residents and staff.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Wimbledon Beaumont Care Community