Summerdale Court Care Home, London, London

Summerdale Court Care Home is situated in Canning Town and is a purpose built home.

Accommodation in the home is provided in four independent units as follows:

Oak Suite: For frail elderly people requiring nursing care.
Ash Suite: For the elderly mentally ill including Alzheimer's sufferers.
Beech Suite: For people requiring enduring mental health care.
Willow Suite: For people with continuing mental health care needs.
All rooms are single and all are en-suite.

Several lounges are available at Summerdale Court for residents to relax and socialise in. Traditional home cooked meals using fresh produce (daily choices available) are served in the separate dining rooms, residents can enjoy the company of others whilst dining. Special diets can be catered for.

The home is visited regularly by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified chiropodist. Laundry for residents is undertaken by the home.

Residents can enjoy a varied programme of activities that take place in the home.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Kulvinder Kaur (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Newham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 116 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Swahili

Facilities & Services: Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Summerdale Court Care Home: click here

posted 17 Nov 2017

3 Nursing beds, 23 bedded new EMI Unit now open

9.5 Summerdale Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.475)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Summerdale Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Summerdale Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 21 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.57 for Summerdale Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (204 Excellents x 5) + (107 Goods x 4) + (17 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 328 Ratings = 4.57

The 4.905 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Summerdale Court Care Home is based on 21 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 23.2 positive Reviews (116 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 21 Reviews ÷ 23.2 Target = 0.905

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Summerdale Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Summerdale Court Care Home

All right.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

The majority of carers and nurses are very caring, kind and supportive to my mum and our family. Very hardworking and dedicated.
I feel happy my mum is being cared for the majority of the time when I cannot be there and that she is safe.
Washing of clothes is not the best, lighter clothes get miscoloured quickly and ironing does not appear to be done despite several requests.
Food is not always the best, room for improvement.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

I have found the home pleasant and welcoming since my aunt's admission. My aunt has a big character and can be quite not so nice at times sadly through dementia but staff and other visitors love her. Staff treat her kindly and have a laugh with her, especially about Tottenham Hotspur. When I'm visiting I get treated well too, I'm happy I chose the right place for her it's been the best thing for my aunt I hope it continues.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

I found the staff to be polite, respectful and attentive to myself and especially my father.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

My mum is very happy and secure in Summerdale Court Care Home, I feel she is treated with love and dignity, the staff are very kind and understanding of my mother's needs and always try to reassure her when she is distressed/confused.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my sister, and all the staff at the care home are friendly and helpful. The food seems good and plentiful. There seems to be a slight issue with maintenance, as door locks on bathrooms/toilets are prone to jam or don't work. Overall this is a good home.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

I am made to feel at home and my husband is well looked after and well cared for. Always nice and clean.

My sister, since moving into Summerdale Court has been well supported and cared for. It gives me rest of mind in that wherever I am I remain confident she is in safe hands and less worried.

I am very happy about my mum being placed in Summerdale Court. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. Mum has settled in quickly and is happy and content, excited and planning with another resident what they will be doing together in the summer.

My mum has been in the care home for 4 years now, she suffers from dementia. The staff are really good and let us know any problems or concerns they have for her. Would highly recommend.

You are nice to me, always take care of me. When I am emotional you always have ways to make me smile. You are very different to another carer, very very kind. Makes me go to activities to cheer me up. Always wants me to be safe and healthy

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

No negatives all positives.

Visited my nan atmosphere very positive and happy. Good atmosphere in the social areas, lovely food. Management working very hard and improvements have been clearly made.

Over the years that I have visited my sister I have been pleased with members of staff who, it would appear will go one step further to please at all times. They are always pleasant especially your present C.H.A.P. These pleasant faces and behaviour from all including those that are behind the front scene such as laundry room. Staff have been helpful. I hope that my sister will continence to be happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

Lovely place and my aunt is very well looked after and seems very happy in here. Staff are lovely and caring.

My aunt is a resident at Summerdale Court and I visit her regularly they have the most friendly and accommodating staff always ready to help. The building itself is immaculate always clean and fresh my aunt is always well looked after. I cannot fault this home in any way excellent all round.

In my experience regarding the care home is more than I could have wished for my mother's needs and care. I cannot fault the home as I have no reason to complain. I find the staff very very caring and they look after my mother's welfare with care and compassion. I am so overwhelmed with the whole experience that Summerdale Court Care Home gives to its residents also the mental support that they give to me to make me feel settled with the whole situation.

I'm happy with the care my sister is getting no complaints.

Excellent.

I am very pleased with the care my parents are receiving at Summerdale Court Care Home. Staff are always polite and always ring me to update on my parents.

I feel safe living in the care home, I would not choose any other place than the Willow Unit. I'm well looked after and treated with respect, they help me with everything. I feel very very important.
My family are at peace and not worried about me at all.

My mum was recently sent to the hospital due to an infection, a carer and nurse went above and beyond to support myself and my sister, they gave reassurance and comfort to my mum keeping her calm and making her feel safe, I really can't thank them enough.

We were made very welcome by all staff. Even offered refreshments after a long journey. Everybody is very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

The care staff are all very helpful, always checking on my mother. She always looks well looked after, she is constantly offered food and drinks and so is never left hungry. She always looks clean and has clean clothes on. I would like to see more choice of activities for residents as sometimes my mother complains about being bored. She would like to go on trips out in the summer to visit the park. I think this would be nice for residents to see some more places outside of the care home as at the moment I am not sure if they go out much.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

My first visit to my friends in Summerdale Court. He is gravely ill but is receiving excellent care in a very pleasant room.

How likely would you be to recommend Summerdale Court Care Home? Likely

Limited contact but on entry a good impression. The staff, room and facilities are good. Security is good.

I come to visit my friend regularly who is a resident of Summerdale. Every time I visit I find the staff very welcoming and friendly. From what I see when I visit the standard and quality of care to my friend is exceptional and outstanding. I believe she receives top class care and nothing is too much trouble for the staff and carers.

Carers seem very caring and cheerful and patient. Clean. Food varied and nutritious.

Submit a Review for Summerdale Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Summerdale Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Summerdale Court Care Home