Seven Arches

Lea Rigg, Cornsland, Brentwood CM14 4JN

Seven Arches offers a skilled care team, with services and facilities particularly suited to people who are diagnosed with dementia.

Residents are given personal care plans, 24/7 access to carers and a calm and friendly environment that is well staffed by an attentive team of carers, experienced in dealing with the many problems and risks that individuals with dementia face.

The rights of the individual and wishes of relatives are respected as much as possible within the home's services, with regular entertainers visiting the home for the enjoyment of all.

Group: Brookvale Healthcare

Person in charge: Ramil Camargo (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Hindi

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Seven Arches: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Seven Arches is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Seven Arches in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.473 for Seven Arches is calculated as follows: ( (125 Excellents x 5) + (63 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (5 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 203 Ratings = 4.473

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Seven Arches is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 6 Target Reached = 1

9.5 Seven Arches has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.473) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Seven Arches?

Reviewer Connection to Seven Arches

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My mother has been there for nearly 2 years and the staff have looked after and cared for her in every way, medically and socially and nothing is too much trouble. Couldn't ask for more. They really care.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Likely

An excellent home. Mum is well looked after by kind and caring staff. Friendly and homely atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

There is a lovely homely welcoming atmosphere at the home. By comparison to the previous home, my sister was in it is great to see that this home does not use bank staff to provide care and that all shifts are covered by all the regular staff.
The staff are all very friendly from trained staff down to laundry and maintenance and gardening. Food is well cooked and presented and all requirements are catered for.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

My brother has been living here sometime. We have found it to be warm, welcoming, friendly the food is excellent, excellent care.
Way and above what is required. My husband has been in hospital making it impossible for us to visit. Members of staff have used their own phones to phone me so my brother has been able to talk to me which has been very important to him. I can't thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

I am extremely pleased with the care that my father has received. He is always treated with dignity and compassion. Staff are happy and they try hard to brighten up his day. The standard of nursing care is excellent. I would thoroughly recommend the home to anyone in need of loving care and support. The meals are very tasty too! Activities are well planned and a lot of extra time and effort goes into the organisation. Well done!

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the care home. I could not be happier with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

My Mum was in the hospital for almost 3 months off and on. She was in a very poor mental and physical state. The Manager came to see my Mum in the hospital and was very kind when he spoke to Mum. She has been at Seven Arches for only 2 weeks and I can see small signs of her acceptance. However, I can honestly say I feel relieved, I know she is well cared for by happy helpful staff who really seem to care. The home is clean and gardens nice too and they treat everyone with dignity and respect. Very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

Very professional and good at their job. My mother is 101 years old and looked after very well. There are plenty of activities going on if residents want to take part. My mum has been in the home for seven years and there have been very few staff changes. All the staff are brilliant and the manager is very hands on.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

The attention to my husband's medical needs is excellent. The doctor he sees at the hospital has even seen a good change in him, on how well he looks now. That is all down to the team at the nursing home. They are all very nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

My aunt is in the final stages of PSP/CBD, a dreadful disease, which has left only her brain able to work. The care in the home has been outstanding from day one. I can tell she thinks well of staff by her reactions to their voices. The home is friendly and takes great care to keep the residents entertained and a nice social atmosphere. Friends and relatives are encouraged to join in and money raising events are held to find additional pleasures such as the new 'sensory garden'.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

Everybody at this nursing home has shown the greatest level of care and love for our mum. We have built a relationship of trust and mutual care too, so we feel this is a place that is like family when relatives come or are absent. We would recommend this nursing home in the strongest way for loved ones needing extra care in whatever way.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

Shan Visram, Director of Operations at Seven Arches responded to this review on 24 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your kind review of Seven Arches Nursing Home.
I am pleased to read that your mother received a high level of care whilst residing at the home, and am glad that you built a strong relationship with the home.

Thank you for your continued support in recommending the home to others in the future.

With regards.

My mother is an insulin dependent diabetic, she was never treated with dignity when she was injected, her clothes were adjusted allowing full view of her stomach in front of all the residents in the lounge and dining room.
The residents were only given a very small tea at 4.30pm, far too early and inadequate to sustain them until breakfast.
The staff and management are unapproachable. The main resident's toilet is always soiled and residents are left for long periods of time on the toilet.
Residents are not safe here, doors left open, access to stairs etc...

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Unlikely

Mohamed Visram, Director at Seven Arches responded to this review on 25 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review of Seven Arches Nursing Home. I would like to respond to the points that you have made in your review.

It is the company's policy to give insulin in a private area, however, we had been advised by the diabetic nurse to give her insulin during meal times.
Your mother was always sitting with other residents at the dinner table at meal times, and this made it difficult to put a screen to inject the insulin privately. Our nurses would always inject the insulin as discretely as possible ensuring your mother's dignity was always intact.

We usually serve tea at 4.30pm, with residents being offered food and drinks by the staff later in the evening. We always ensured that your mother was offered something to eat in the evening as was advised by the diabetic nurse.

Seven Arches Nursing Home has an open-door policy where our staff and management can be approached anytime.

We believe that your mother was in a safe and caring environment at Seven Arches. She was offered a high-quality level of care from our care team and with the support of the diabetic nurse, her diabetes was kept under control whilst at the home.

Once your mother's care needs exceeded what the home could do, the decision was made to move your mother to another care home, a decision that was supported by Essex Social Services.

I moved my mother to 'Seven Arches' in October '15 when her care needs became too much for the previous home. She has been made to feel welcome, treated with respect throughout and her dignity preserved. Her personal care is great and she enjoys the food. They have a great entertainment programme which mum really enjoys. All of the staff are great, but at times I feel there are not enough staff. Many of the residents who spend time in the main lounge are often unobserved for lengthy periods. (I've been there for over an hour at times and no-one has come to check). This needs to be addressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

The care home my father is in is lovely I am very pleased he is there, the staff are very caring and friendly. They make you feel very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

My sister has been in Seven Arches for 18 months, I couldn't with for a better care home. The staff are the most caring people that you could wish for. The activities are fantastic "I often join in myself".
It is always spotlessly clean and the laundry is second to none. I have now recommended two other friends to visit and see for themselves how good it is, for their relatives, who need a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

We find Seven Arches to be extremely homely which is what my brother needs, it's safe, happy caring environment and is everything we could wish for him. Staff are attentive to his needs and we can't thank the staff enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Seven Arches? Extremely Likely

My mum moved into Seven Arches at the end of January from hospital for end of life care. Although my experience of the home is based on a short period I cannot fault the kindness, compassion and understanding both mum and myself received from all members of staff. The whole atmosphere is one of comfort and care.

I had an equally short period of experience of another nursing home at the end of 2014 which had given me a very negative view of care homes but I am happy to say that the staff at Seven Arches restored my faith and I couldn't have asked for better care for mum in her last month's.

Submit a Review for Seven Arches

January 2012

2011 Brookvale Home of the Year

Recipient: Seven Arches

Date: Friday 20 Jan 2012

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Seven Arches