Westacre Nursing Home

Sleepers Hill, Winchester SO22 4NE

Owner: Nursing Home Services Ltd

Person in charge: Susan Watson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 55 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Westacre Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Westacre Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Westacre Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.706 for Westacre Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (102 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.706

The 4.818 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Westacre Nursing Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11 positive Reviews (55 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 11 Target = 0.818

9.5 Westacre Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.524) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Westacre Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Westacre Nursing Home

Westacre is a very friendly home. The staff are friendly and competent. My husband stayed one week for respite. I would have liked him to stay longer but he was pining to be at home. Lovely atmosphere. Altogether a good place to be if you are unable to live at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marieke Meijer, Home Services Advisor at Westacre Nursing Home responded to this review on 08 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your kind words. We were delighted to have your husband here with us and we hope to see you both at one of our many events coming up.

Westacre cared for my father for a month between leaving hospital and coming home.
They were helpful, flexible and very organised around the admission and discharge.
The place is immaculate, sparkling clean, very well maintained and well equipped.
The staff were endlessly cheerful, very skilled and extremely kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marieke Meijer, Home Services Advisor at Westacre Nursing Home responded to this review on 20 Nov 2017:

Thank you so much for your positive review, we are committed to providing a high level of resident-centred care at Westacre.

I was in Westacre for respite care following a long spell in hospital. I was in need of peace and a good rest, especially to be quiet at night and uninterrupted sleep. The care from all the staff was kind and friendly and I was made to feel relaxed and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Likely

Marieke Meijer, Home Services Advisor at Westacre Nursing Home responded to this review on 30 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your kind feedback, our aim is to give the highest standards of care at Westacre. We hope you will join us at some of our upcoming events.

An excellent community care home, with lots to offer for fund raising ideas, such as fun days and bingo. I noticed that the care was fantastic and it was a well kept/clean care home and I would recommend this to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Don't know

I moved my relative to Westacre 1/3/17 after concerns about the care she was receiving in another care home. I am so pleased we chose Westacre, the improvement in both my relative's health and the care is most marked. Both friends and family have commented on the improvement. I am completely satisfied with the care my relative is receiving - I just can't fault it. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Westacre.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Westacre Nursing Home is a very well run hands on, friendly nursing home caring especially for patients with dementia and welcome daily visits of family and friends. The nursing and medical staff are very sympathetic and caring towards their patients. In-house entertainments are organised to stimulate the well-being of those present. Visiting musical performers and floral demonstrations are weekly events. In-house catering offers a wide a various selection of dishes from a weekly menu. Accommodation and facilities for patients are of a high standard as is the garden area. One knows that their loved ones are comfortable and safe at this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Our mother entered Westacare, Winchester in 2017 and has received excellent care, love and kindness in a professional way.
Her needs are complex but this has not phased the professional staff. We would like to thank the clinical manager, the manager and their staff (too many to mention personally) for their dedicated daily of our mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband moved into Westacre Nursing Home one year ago.
Westacre is a lovely care home, homely, cosy and efficiently run. The care staff show compassion and are very caring and look after my husband extremely well. The meals are excellent, home cooked and I and any of my visitors can dine at Westacre at any time. I would recommend Westacre to any of my friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

This nursing home ticks all the boxes for us as a family. It's warm, welcoming and gives a calm and happy atmosphere throughout.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My family and I have been impressed and satisfied with the level of care shown to my husband and also to other residents. The nursing and general care we find to be of a high standard with thoughtfulness, kindness and respect for the individual, obvious at all times. When visiting, we are made to feel welcome and comfortable. Efforts made for the entertainment and activities for residents are very good and varied and I am sure enjoyed by many.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Likely

We had very little time to find a home that would meet my mother-in-law's needs and also one that would live up to our high expectations. From the moment we were met at the door by the General Manager who invited us, at no notice to look around Westacre Nursing Home we were pleasantly surprised and heartened by the homely atmosphere and the passion and dedication of the staff. It is a very happy and friendly environment for residents, staff and other family visitors alike. The en-suite room was beautifully decorated and we were able to fill it with lots of flowers and personal memories. We cannot thank the staff enough for helping my mother-in-law and our family cope with her terminal illness; the encouragement and reassurance has been amazing. This home is a hidden gem in a lovely city and made our final time together as a family very special. A massive thank you to all the staff and residents of Westacre.

How likely would you be to recommend Westacre Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I would have no reservations in recommending Westacre Nursing Home. My mother-in-law was admitted for palliative care and yet the staff never gave up on her; they kept on coming up with new ways to make her as comfortable as possible. Even though the family had a relatively short relationship with Westacre, all the staff, from the manager, nurses, carers to the kitchen staff, were invariably both warm and professional. The atmosphere was always friendly; we are so grateful that we were encouraged to share our meals with my mother-in-law in her beautiful sunny room as we now have some wonderful memories of her. We feel so very glad that such a lovely lady spent her last weeks in such a warm and caring environment.

Submit a Review for Westacre Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Westacre Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Westacre Nursing Home