The Close Care Home, Abingdon, Oxfordshire

The Close Nursing & Residential Home offers long-term care, short-stay convalescent, respite care, day care and specialist care in a beautiful location close to the market town of Abingdon and within close proximity of the city of Oxford. It is ideally set in four acres of beautiful landscaped gardens that roll down to the banks of the river Thames.

The team believe this is your home as much as it is theirs and pride themselves on treating every resident individually and matching the care they require to their specific needs - each resident's Care Plan is designed to build on your strengths and professionals constantly seek to improve on quality of life.

Please feel free to come and visit, the friendly team would be delighted to show you around.

Owner: Cavendish Close Ltd

Person in charge: Stephen Reader (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 90 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Admission Information: Only arranged or planned admissions.

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £1000 – £1200 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Close Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Close Care Home: click here

4.7 The Close Care Home has a Review Score of 4.7 (4.743)

The Review Score of 4.7 (maximum of 10) for The Close Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Close Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 0 out of 5 from 0 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.743 for The Close Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (26 Excellents x 5) + (9 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 35 Ratings = 4.743

The 0 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Close Care Home is based on 0 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 0 = 0

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 0 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Close Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Close Care Home

I am extremely happy that my husband is staying at The Close Care Home. All the members of staff are extraordinary people who are always keen to help. My husband is unable to communicate or express himself in any way but I am 100% sure that he is in good hands. The management team is outstanding if I have any issues. I am convinced that they are there for my husband and myself. The whole atmosphere feels like I am at my own home. People are very friendly and helpful. I am more than happy that my husband can be here. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who wants their relatives to have exceptional care and an uncommon quality of life.

How likely would you be to recommend The Close Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sanjay Dhrona, Managing Director at The Close Care Home responded to this review on 23 May 2016:

June, thank you so much for this review. We love having you husband with us at the Home and are pleased that you feel assured by the quality of care we deliver. Thank you once again

My father was transferred from a hospice to The Close, to manage his end of life care, I met Victoria at the hospice with my dad. She spent 3 hours looking through all his hospital and hospice notes, writing down every little detail and noting everyone that was involved in my fathers treatment. Then spent quite some time talking with my father to ensure a smooth well informed transition.
More recently my father was informed he could no longer receive the treatment that was keeping him alive due to the deterioration in is health, and he was gaining no benefit from the treatment.
So the conversation took place with a nurse and Dr and his family supporting him in the warm surroundings of his room at The Close. He was then kept busy planning what he would like to over the next two weeks. He planned a meal for all his children and their spouses in the private dining room down stairs. Dad decided what he wanted to eat, a three course meal. The food was the quality of any 5* venue with the presentation and detail put into the gathering. The lady who served the meal was a bubbly Welsh lady. She brought light and love into the room and gave us a wonderful memory to take away with us to treasure. Lots of laughter love and a celebration of my Dad's life whilst he was able to enjoy it with us. We will always be grateful to the staff member at the gathering and those involved with the preparation.
My Father asked me to write this on his behalf, I have just read it to him and the biggest smile I have seen for a while appeared on his face, with a thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend The Close Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sanjay Dhrona, Managing Director at The Close Care Home responded to this review on 10 Nov 2015:

Can I start by saying what and honour and privilege it is to have your Father living with us at The Close. We feel that we have been able to really form one big family during Dad’s stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and lovely message about the Home and our people at this busy time. I know that both the Care and Non Clinical Services Teams will love to read your message and see that their work has been recognised and appreciated.

The home is stunning, fantastic location next to the Thames river with beautiful gardens. The care staff are lovely. We found the food to be amazing. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean and well kept. We looked at many care homes for my Father in Law and The Close was by far the best in the area.

Submit a Review for The Close Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Close Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Close Care Home