St Dominic's Nursing

71 Filsham Road, St Leonards-on-Sea TN38 0PG

Group: Aster Healthcare

Person in charge: Rodalyn Emperado (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 91 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Autism/ASD • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: No smoking Charges on Request.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Tagalog, Urdu

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £750 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact St Dominic's Nursing to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on St Dominic's Nursing: click here

8.2 St Dominic's Nursing has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.221)

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for St Dominic's Nursing is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for St Dominic's Nursing in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.4 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.861 for St Dominic's Nursing is calculated as follows: ( (31 Excellents x 5) + (5 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 36 Ratings = 4.861

The 3.36 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for St Dominic's Nursing is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 18.2 positive Reviews (91 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 18.2 Target = 0.110

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St Dominic's Nursing?

Reviewer Connection to St Dominic's Nursing

My mother was at the home for 6 years but sadly died last year.
My father has been at the home for a year and a half now.
I am full of praise for all the staff there.
Their attention to detail, care and ensuring the dignity of the clients is awesome.
The home has an excellent communication policy, I am in regular contact with the staff and I always feel welcome to visit my father whenever I want to.
The staff all seem very well trained and well informed regarding the clients and their needs.
I feel very happy that my father and my mother before him are very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend St Dominic's Nursing? Extremely Likely

I would rate my mother’s experiences at St Dominic’s as Excellent, the care staff are wonderful and all resident's treated with respect and dignity.
The manager is the most professional, friendly, compassionate of any of the care homes that my mother has been in.
The head of care and nursing staff (RGN), very professional, kind and compassionate and ready to assist always. One nurse in particular and my mother are very close and share many happy times.
The senior carers, are very good. They are kind, caring and always ready to assist. Two senior carers have become very close to my mother and a very deep friendship with love and laughter.
The carers, work very hard, professional and are friendly and always there to assist or just have a chat.
Activities, some really nice things both from a sensory and a cognitive standpoint.
Food - The quality of the food is very good.
Room - The rooms are very nice and clean with enough space to live in.

Recommended for long-term or respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend St Dominic's Nursing? Extremely Likely

I was told to just walk into St. Dominic's and not to make an appointment as I would see the home as it really is. Well this I did and I was amazed, reception greeted me and took me to the office where I was introduced. I was then shown around the home. Every time we passed a member of staff I was greeted with a Good Afternoon and a beaming smile. Everywhere was so clean and no smells that I had expected.
Now that my mother is now a resident I see how lovely the staff are towards mum. They are always kind and nothing is too much trouble. When mum is a little out of sorts the staff greet me straight away and inform me of what the problem seems to be so I can deal with it with mum. Nothing is ever any trouble.
Well Done To All Staff.

Submit a Review for St Dominic's Nursing

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for St Dominic's Nursing

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Dominic's Nursing