Lydfords Care Home, Lewes, East Sussex

Lydfords Care Home is situated in East Hoathly and is easily accessible to shops, public transport and local amenities. Lewes, Uckfield and Hailsham are all within easy reach.

This purpose built home has a beautiful garden offering panoramic views of the Sussex Downs.

The accommodation offered at Lydfords is in single occupancy rooms, some of which can accommodate companions. All rooms have TV and telephone points. Some rooms have en-suite facilities.

The home offers residents quiet sittings rooms and TV lounges to relax in. There is a separate dining room, where residents can share meal times with others. Traditional home cooking is served with daily choices. Special diets can be catered for.

The home benefits from regular visits by a qualified chiropodist and hair stylist. A range of complementary therapies can also be arranged for residents.

A varied programme of activities is available.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Maria Stefea (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Bulgarian, Polish

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Lydfords Care Home: click here

posted 17 Oct 2017

Lydfords is a care home that has recently gone through an extensive upgrade, providing nursing and social care in a selection of differing rooms.

9.5 Lydfords Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.470)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Lydfords Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Lydfords Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.67 for Lydfords Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (147 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 212 Ratings = 4.67

The 4.8 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Lydfords Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.800

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Lydfords Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Lydfords Care Home

My mother is so fortunate to be living at Lydfords. We have been very impressed with the kindness, compassion and skill which all the staff display.
The manager and her deputy are always available to talk through any questions. The care staff are very well trained in all aspects of the care they provide. The home is well provided with lounges, an activity room and was are always welcoming whatever time we drop in.
The food is delicious with plenty of choice and relatives can dine with residents if they wish.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lydfords Care Home responded to this review on 28 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Judy, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Lydfords Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. We look forward to seeing you again, take care!

I was very pleased with the care by husband got while having three weeks in respite. It started with the manager who came to see and chat about my husband's needs/ likes before he went there.

He has speech problems and all staff were patient and took time with him to understand what he wanted, they were all smiling and introduced themselves to him, was as close as they could get to being at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lydfords Care Home responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Jean, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Lydfords Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

The staff and personnel at Lydfords are outstanding in their care. Commitment and professionalism.

My mum was in very safe hands and she was happy there. There is no greater praise than that.

Thank you all for your love and humanity.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the moment I stepped into the nursing home I was completely impressed by the professional manner of the staff. The home manager welcomed us into Lydfords and quickly actioned on our concerns and wishes to reassure us that they were able to meet my fathers end of life needs.
Staff were attentive, reactive and always had time for us. They offered us refreshments in the hot weather and always made sure that the curtain was pulled to keep the sun off of him (it was little touches like this that made us feel they were really caring for him).
I have no hesitation in recommending the home and its wonderful nursing team.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was transferred to Lydfords after a terrible stay in a hospital. The staff at Lydfords were excellent. The care given was first class, the medications were quickly understood and for the first time in about 8 weeks, my Father had proper medications. My father was dressed in his pyjamas, clean shaven and clean.
Although he was unconscious most of the time - sadly he passed away after a short stay - he was given dignity, privacy and compassion.
I can thoroughly recommend Lydfords, from the compassionate manager right through to the not-seen staff (domestics/kitchens/caretaking). Thank you Lydfords for making my father's last few days so much better.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother in law has enjoyed her stay with Lydfords in East Hoathly.

She has commented positively on the care she has received and has been particularly vocal about the quality of the food she has enjoyed during her stay.

From our perspective, we have been very impressed with the manager and her team. She has always been willing to respond quickly to our enquiries and requests and has done everything possible to make my mother in law's stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you to everyone at Lydfords who has shown such kindness!

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was recommended to Lydfords by a close friend who had also experienced the home and have been impressed from the outset. From the initial call to find out more about the home, the manager showed that she clearly understood the nature of my relative's illness and the type of symptoms that her staff would be able to help with.
Settling into the home seemed to take no time at all and the facilities and staff have been excellent. The communication with the family has been first class and the level of care and commitment from the staff has been reassuring. There is encouragement to join in with other residents and activities.
Visitors are made to feel welcome at any time of the day. The level of care and compassion shown by Lydfords' team has brought some very welcome dignity to our relative during a difficult illness and has enabled the family to feel supported too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lydfords to other families.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was asked to view Lydfords Care Home on behalf of my friends, an elderly couple who wanted to be together. I immediately felt welcomed and the room was lovely. The management is excellent and leads by example. Professional, experienced and excellent and caring. My friends are so happy and the level of care has been outstanding. I would be very happy to be cared for there when I need to go into a care home. There are no words to say how good the care is, apart from EXCEPTIONAL!

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our uncle has spent his last few weeks at Lydfords, he has been so well looked after. We were always informed on any change in his status, and kept well informed of everything. Thank you so much for all you did for him, not always the most grateful man, but we truly are.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have both elderly parents residing in the home, both needing a lot of care. I cannot praise the staff enough for their care. Dad is very shaky on his feet now and is unstable, his needs have increased but the staff have really helped with their kindness and support.
Walking was his job, although virtually blind and it is a huge disappointment for him now he needs a wheelchair. Mum has help eating her food assisted by the cheerful, patient staff. I am pleased I am kept up to date with any concerns from the nursing side.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

Had very few problems when my mother was a resident for nearly nine years. Always felt the care was very loving. Now I am a volunteer and have been doing so for nearly seven years. Things are never perfect but there is a warmth in this home and I have recommended it to other people. Sometimes I feel that some of the youngsters aren't strong as team players, which is essential in this environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dear mother spent her last five weeks at Lydfords Care Home. I cannot fault the care she received. All of the staff were not only extremely professional but also compassionate and caring. My stepfather spent a great deal of time with my mother and the staff also looked after him although he was not a resident. I would particularly like to thank the Manager and Deputy Manager who went out of their way to ensure that I was fully informed at all times. The care and support which my mother received helped all of her family through a very difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum was at Lydfords for 3+ years and during the whole time she was there she was well looked after by extremely caring staff. Sadly mum had Parkinson's Disease with Dementia but at all times she was treated with the utmost respect and dignity. As mum's conditions deteriorated, and needs increased, it gave us great comfort that mum was able to remain at Lydfords to be able to remain in familiar surroundings with very caring people to look after her.
Whilst from the outside the front of the building may not look the best, it is what happens inside that counts - in this respect the level of friendly care provided is second to none. I have the utmost respect for all staff at Lydfords.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Lydfords for 3 years and is very happy there. She loves her room the view to the garden, the food but most of all the fantastic care she receives from all the staff. As a family we are relieved and happy that she is getting all the care she needs. It makes it easier for us knowing we do not have to worry. We are kept informed all the time if she is poorly and we can't visit. I have no hesitation in recommending Lydfords to anyone's parents or relatives needing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband and I have always found the staff very caring towards our mother. They are very good at keeping the family informed of any problems and liaise closely with local services who provide a continuity of care. As we all work full time we feel lucky to find such a place so close to us and our mothers home. Unfortunately as a family we were unable to offer our mother the level of care she needed however Lydfords have given her this support and have adapted this to her deteriorating condition. Thank you

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

The most outstanding aspect of Lydfords is the staff. The manager is lovely and has been really helpful in the two years my mother has been there. Her senior nursing staff are totally focused on the residents care and give the impression that they would never give up trying to do the best for them. Although there is a regular turn over of care assistants, I haven't met one yet who I wouldn't trust to treat my mother kindly. With respect, I am often amazed at how cheerful they are, even when dealing with the unpleasant bits of the job. I would also like to point out that Lydfords has wonderful gardens , but it's the people working there that have convinced me that my mother couldn't be in better hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has dementia with Lewy bodies, manifesting primarily as confusion, memory loss and mobility issues - despite this she remains very independent. Staff respect this and have gently adjusted and increased the level of support and care she needs as her condition has progressed.
I have a disabled daughter, so have additional commitments in my home life that can sometimes prevent me making my weekly stop see Mum. However, when this happens I can relax in the knowledge that Mum is safe and well looked after. In my experience, staff have always contacted me if there is an issue with Mum, whether it is to advise me of her condition or to seek my advice.
I find all the staff - reception staff, cleaners, catering staff, carers, nursing staff and the manager, to be very helpful, approachable and, above all, kind. In my experience, they treat the people in their care with dignity and respect. There is a happy atmosphere and the staff acknowledge the residents and engage them in conversation.
I find Lydfords and its staff welcoming, inclusive and caring - which is what I want for my Mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely Likely

My parents thought that the staff were always friendly, caring and helpful and treated them with dignity and respect. They found the room warm and comfortable and the food delicious. My mothers (usually poor) appetite returned and she came back home much fitter and stronger.

Submit a Review for Lydfords Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lydfords Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lydfords Care Home