Bon Accord Care Home

79-81 New Church Road, Hove BN3 4BB

Bon Accord Care Home is located in Hove, East Sussex, just a short distance away from the coast.

Residents here can pursue their hobbies in communal and quiet lounges throughout the home. Outdoors, the home also boasts a sensory garden which residents and families can enjoy when they please.

Bon Accord provides dementia care 24-hours a day - the care is personalised to each individual depending on their specific needs. The team encourages residents to also personalise their rooms to ensure they are kept as familiar as possible.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Barbara Evans (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Brighton & Hove City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke

Admission Information: 65+. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French, Polish

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Bon Accord Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 7 (maximum of 10) for Bon Accord Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Bon Accord Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 2.5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 2 years. (A 2 year period has been used as there were no positive reviews in the last 12 months)

The Average Rating of 4.453 for Bon Accord Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (64 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 128 Ratings = 4.453

The 2.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Bon Accord Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4 then divided by 2 = 2.000

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target Reached = 1 , then divided by 2 = 0.500

7 Bon Accord Care Home has a Review Score of 7 (6.953) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Bon Accord Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Bon Accord Care Home

From the moment I first visited Bon Accord, I was impressed with staff attitude, cleanliness of home and ambience. My mother has dementia and had been at her previous care home for nearly three years. Sadly, due to her health, they were no longer able to care for her. I was, understandably, very anxious about her move as routine is key for her. When making sure Bon Accord had all the necessary equipment in place to meet her needs, they couldn't have done more to help and reassure me. I visit regularly and not once have I found my mother unhappy or confused about her new surroundings. Which I feel is due to the staff making her feel welcome and part of the family. She is always dressed nicely and her personal hygiene cared for. Knowing that my mother is being cared for at Bon Accord gives me great peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother had only been in the care home for a fortnight when he has to be admitted to hospital, but the treatment and care he received in that time was fine. He was very well looked after and settled in well. He is looking forward to going back to Bon Accord when his hopsital treatment is completed.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend has been in Bon Accord Care Home for 3 years. The carers and senior staff are very helpful and caring. Food is brilliant with plenty of choice and prepared well. Kitchen is clean and staff are helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Likely

The home is a pleasant environment in which the 36 residents appear well looked after. My mother has been there for six years and the family can only praise the way she has been looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

Friendly care home. Very homely feel. Staff always have time to answer questions, and chat. Seem to always want to meet my dads needs as best they can. Everyone seems to work hard. Very caring establishment. Dementia friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been in care here for about 1 month. Staff and carers have been very helpful and kind to my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Likely

I have been visiting a friend who has dementia, for the last two months , once a week. The place has been redecorated in a pleasing and cheerful way. It is very comfortable in all respects. My friend (who is an artist) has some of her pictures hung in her room. She always looks well groomed and clean has hair set regularly . The staff are very friendly and I watched them tending difficult patients with great patience and kindness. The food looks really good and varied. One lady told me that the entertainment is very good and that she is very happy there and has been for years. There is a nice garden to sit in weather permitting. I would recommend the place highly to any one seeking such a place.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very clean home, nice smelling. My husband is kept clean and tidy, shaved and hair cut (which is paid for in his personal money which I keep topped up).
Staff are friendly with residents and visitors.
My husband is in "one to one" care which relieves my mind knowing he is well looked after. He is kept occupied - when he wants it - and is taken for a walk occasionally to the local shops etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was suffering from advanced dementia and spent the last 8 months of his life at Bon Accord. The nursing staff and carers were so wonderful, gentle and kind to him it was quite moving to watch. Dementia is incredibly difficult to deal with for everyone involved, but the wonderful people at Bon Accord showed Dad nothing but love and kindness. I'll miss going there now we've lost Dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

Bon Accord was the 17th care home that I visited before I was satisfied that I had found the appropriate care facility for my mother. I was given time and excellent responses to my questions and enjoyed meeting staff and residents alike as I spent time checking out the ambience and facilities. There have been some communication challenges which have been quickly addressed and overall I am happy that my mother is happy, well and enjoying her life there - despite her dementia. I recommend this care home highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Bon Accord Care Home? Extremely Likely

I looked at six care/nursing homes before choosing Bon Accord care home. What first impressed me about Bon Accord was the relaxed, friendly and "homely" atmosphere of the home. This has stayed with me and the care my husband receives daily is the best. I also experience the respect towards both residents and their families, and an openness that encourages me to speak up if I have complaints or concerns, and these are always taken seriously. Initially I followed my "gut" reactions and feelings in choosing Bon Accord, I have not been let down.

Submit a Review for Bon Accord Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Bon Accord Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bon Accord Care Home