Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home

42 Shelley Road, Worthing BN11 4DA

Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home is conveniently located in the centre of Worthing and offers a high standard nursing care service including a specialised floor for people living with a form of dementia.

The facility has benefitted from being completely rebuilt, having underfloor heating, ceiling tracking, hydrotherapy, free WiFi, air conditioned dining rooms and lounges, two way speaking call bells, a private direct line and phone (not charged) large LED TV,with SKY on request. All beds are electric profile and air mattresses provided when required. Every room has en-suite with shower, high low baths are also nearby.

The private gardens are very well maintained and sheltered from the wind but receive sunlight most of the day.

Group: South Coast Nursing Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Samantha White (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 65 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £900 – £1200 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

FNC will be deducted from this fee

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Welcome to visit at any time
Well behaved family pets may be brought to visit.

There are very regular activities and entertainers, to which visitors are always welcome to attend, no invitation required.

Limited parking on site. 2 Disabled Bays
Parking in street chargeable at peak times.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.758 for Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (99 Excellents x 5) + (27 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 128 Ratings = 4.758

The 4.385 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13 positive Reviews (65 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 13 Target = 0.385

9.1 Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.143) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My impression is that everyone is very kind and patient with my husband. Cannot comment on facilities or activities as he will not leave his room.
I have said good value. It is expensive but I imagine such a place costs a lot to run and pay staff adequately.

How likely would you be to recommend Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have found the level of nursing care delivered to my mother to be of a very high standard. The staff and management continue to provide the care and comfort and social interaction to ensure that my mother is comfortable and happy in her environment.
The room is very pleasant with a nice view of the garden. The home has excellent facilities for access when needed. Any important information is always forwarded to me.

1000 characters are not enough to say all that impresses us. At a time when Dad's needs increased due to a bad fall, all plans for a live-in carer went out of the window.
We were recommended four homes, Berkeley Lodge was the second one we visited and as soon as we walked through the door we wanted Dad to be here. We checked the other homes and quickly reserved his room.
All members of the team, from the matron onward, were happy and welcoming. The home is much better than some hotels we have stayed in. It is hard to say what impressed us most, we have indicated excellent on all options but to us, as 5 gold star B/B owners the housekeeping team at the Lodge shone.
The care and activities team are second to none and are happy to talk about care. Dad has settled in well and we have had no issues. When taking him out he is happy to go back to his home in the lodge.
We recommend Berkeley Lodge with it’s caring team to anyone who wants a safe comfortable, clean, friendly home for their loved ones.

I came to view Berkeley Lodge early March 2018, I met with the manager, who immediately put me at ease.
The home is extremely clean and all staff are welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
The meals are cooked on premises and are varied and tasty with several choices each day.
My father has become accustomed to living here in his very tastefully furnished and spacious room, he enjoys the banter he has with staff.
I am very pleased with all aspects of care given to my father, who can be quite challenging at times.
There are plenty of activities for him if he wishes to join in.
I would not hesitate to recommend Berkeley Lodge to anyone.

The care my friend was given was exceptional. The home was clean and welcoming with friendly and caring staff. This is definitely somewhere I would be more than happy to have a family member of mine live.

My Mother-in-Law has been a resident at Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home for 18 months approximately. As we live in London, we only manage to get to the home on an ad-hoc basis. What I felt comfortable about was that we could always just turn up at any given time and were always greeted by a friendly face on reception.
Our Mother has dementia and requires 24/7 care. We could not provide this but the care she gets in this care home is of a very high standard. She is always spotlessly clean, showered, hair washed every day and clean clothes and bedlinen. Excellent!

A very good welcome. Very caring, friendly workers, carers, housekeeper, cleaner and laundry man/woman.
The whole atmosphere was caring and friendly.

My mother has been a resident at Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home for six and a half years.
She was suffering from Alzheimer's and was not an easy client.
The care and compassion she received from the excellent staff was wonderful.
She died in January and the care at the end of her life could not have been better.
I am truly grateful we found Berkeley Lodge.

I cannot thank Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home enough for making my father's last few days so comfortable. I would definitely recommend them.

As the only child of my late mother, I am highly appreciative of Berkeley Lodge and the superb staff who looked after my mother during her last weeks of her life. Their care and devotion were second to none. The home itself was immaculate, every area well presented and cared for. Berkeley Lodge is outstanding and is a shining example of what a nursing home should be.

Had to find a care home at short notice. My aunt had been in a nursing home for 3yrs plus, it was closed in a rush.
It was by chance I went to Berkeley Lodge, I was impressed as I walked through the door.
Met by a kindly lady, shown the room, given a tour, offered tea, had the full home charges explained, told about how the home operated. I explained my plans, paid the deposit, fixed a date to meet the manager to finalise details.
I moved my aunt 60 miles est. time of arrival all in place with a pleasant reception.
Have followed home guidelines, the staff have been magnificent. Top to Bottom.
My aunt has suffered one or two moments, I have been contacted immediately where necessary and my aunt's needs have been of utmost importance to the staff.
Thank you, long may it continue.

Submit a Review for Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home

posted 20 Apr 2018

EMI Nursing

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home

Langton

Langton Mavuka

Job Title: Executive Chef

Joined: 2012

Mr Mavuka joined the SCNH group in 2012 to become our company Executive Chef.
He has brought the standards and quality of food to an outstanding level.
He prepares all the menus for the homes utilising the seasonal vegetables and ensuring his high standards are adopted by all our Cooks and chefs.
We use Rational steam ovens to make sure that meat and vegetables are cooked fresh to the perfect tenderness.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Berkeley Lodge Nursing Home