Aston Court Care Home

Little Aston Hall Drive, Little Aston, Sutton Coldfield B74 3BF

Aston Court Care Home, Sutton Coldfield, Staffordshire

Aston Court offers long-term residential, nursing, convalescence, palliative and respite care.

Aston Court takes pride in ensuring that its often frail residents can enjoy a safe and comfortable setting and the purpose-built home is surrounded by landscaped grounds. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities as well as TV points and a 24-hour call system.

A wide range of nutritious meals are prepared by an experienced chef, tailored to residents’ dietary requirements and their personal preferences , while lighter snacks and alternatives are always available.

A varied programme of daily activities and outings, include arts and crafts, movies, and gardening as well as visits to local villages and pub lunches.

Person in charge: Rachel Ellis (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Spanish; Castilian, French, Panjabi, Punjabi, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Aston Court Care Home: click here

9.3 Aston Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.313)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Aston Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Aston Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.64 for Aston Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (125 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 186 Ratings = 4.64

The 4.673 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Aston Court Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target = 0.673

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Aston Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Aston Court Care Home

Very satisfied in every way with Aston Court Care Home. Home from home. Good food and very attentive, helpful, friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I have been one week in respite care after an eye operation. Aston Court is excellent in every way. Friendly staff, attentive, good food, comfortable accommodation. Nothing lacking in this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home, I hope that you will come and stay with us again for some respite care.

I was extremely pleased. It was like a home from home. Lovely friendly staff. Efficient, good food. Highly recommendable.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services admistrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it to be like a home from home. I hope that you will come and stay with us again for some respite care in the future.

My very elderly mother went for respite care following an operation. After three weeks I suggested to her that it might well be the correct time to give up her own home and to stay at Aston Court.
Very gingerly she agreed - within a month or so she called it 'home'.
On the whole, I have been very satisfied - the number of changes of manager has been disappointing and disruptive.
Nurses and carers have been, on the whole, efficient and kind.
At the end of her life, everyone was very supportive to her and to me.
Thank you, it was the right home for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 17 Jan 2018:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that your mum thought of our home as her home and was happy in our care. I hope that in time when you look back this gives you comfort knowing that she was happy and well cared for.

First care home so far that can meet my husband's needs, they checked on him frequently throughout the night, which other care homes do not check as frequently. He needs checking on regularly because of spasms which cause his body to move and he needs to be moved back.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 07 Nov 2017:

Our welcome to the home was friendly and most informative, this continued throughout moms stay. The staff could not have been more helpful with anything mom wanted eg. extra blankets or pillows, even the handyman and gardner would pop in to say hello to her. When visiting I was also offered a drink of tea or coffee when the trolley came around. The only moan I have is that I could not conquer the coffee machine (but I'm not that mechanical ha ha). The meals looked really inviting and I'm sure very tasty even down to the cheese and biscuits served with grapes or some other fruit. I would just like to thank all the staff on moms behalf.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Thank you so much for this review, it is really lovely feedback. I will be sure to pass these comments onto the manager of the home. I am so pleased that the home was welcoming and provided your Mum with all of the care and support needed. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. The building is very clean and furnished to a high standard, give elegant accommodation.
I am happy to leave my husband for respite care knowing he will be well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Servivce Advisor at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 01 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Aston Court provided respite care at very short notice based on a phone call. This was much appreciated and gave the family peace of mind. Staff always willing to discuss my mother's needs and progress.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Oct 2016:

I was impressed with my first visit to Little Aston. The staff I spoke to were open and friendly.

I made a second visit a few days before my relative was due to move in. Again the staff were most helpful and the receptionist on the front desk. We were given information as to what was needed in respect of personal effects and extras to make it more comfortable for my relatives move.

I have been kept informed by the staff if there has been a problem. I feel I can telephone any time for an update.

Both my husband and I find a significant difference since my relative moved in.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

On the morning of the 4th August 2016, my uncle was ready to give up as he couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel of his problems. Staying in Aston Court Care Home for about a month gave me my uncle back! His care turned his outlook on life completely around. He now has his sense of humour back, he is looking to the future not talking about giving up and asking for his newspapers to be delivered again!! Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

The staff were very welcoming and caring. Lovely atmosphere extremely clean and tidy, no horrid smells one occasionally comes across in lesser homes. Each room had a view of the well maintained grounds. Visitors encouraged- open vising. My husband has very complicated needs which the staff were happy to address.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mum didn't want to go into a care home but after several spells in hospital she reluctantly agreed. At first she wasn't happy but as she settled down and get to know people she began to realise that is wasn't as bad as she had feared. Sadly she spent only a few days in Aston Court before her final illness took her back into hospital from where she never came out. She was well looked after and everybody make her welcome. We hoped she would have had longer here, it must be a pleasant place to walk around in the summer but it wasn't to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrartor at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

I can honestly say that I have been very satisfied with the care of my mother during her ten month stay at the home. The staff were tireless and the food prepared each day was excellent.
My mother was quite happy and contented and the staff ensured that each day activities were organised. The staff carried out their daily duties with kindness and professionalism.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Aston Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Although I was there for only one week, following an operation, I was treated very well indeed. I found all the staff most helpful and kind, very understanding too when they realised why I was there. The recuperation period helped me to come to terms with my situation and I've found that now having returned to my own home, I can cope with looking after myself. I would certainly return if ever the need arises.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

A one week stay following a total hip replacement. From the enquiry phone call to leaving a superb stay. The kindness, care, professionalism, attention to detail, prompt attention was 100% plus. day and night also good housekeeping faultless. Many many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Aston Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came to Aston Court direct from hospital suffering from a fractured distal femur. At this stage I needed two carers to take me to the toilet. Gradually I was able to do this function on my own. I found the staff to be incredibly helpful and cheerful. These people are the backbone to the wonderful atmosphere in this home.
So refreshing when some of them said they LOVED their work here, it showed. I found the physiotherapist very efficient and she praised my efforts which was encouraging. The occupational therapist was very kind and understanding and helped me get the right equipment for my needs at home. The catering staff were FIRST RATE. Nutritious and nicely presented food. Not enough room to praise everyone, nurses, carers, cleaner, entertainment staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them . My sincere thanks to them all.

Submit a Review for Aston Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Aston Court Care Home