Beech Lodge Nursing Home

Rakeway Road, Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent ST10 1RA

Group: Minehome Ltd

Person in charge: Lesley Powell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Beech Lodge Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) Nursing Care Single from £600 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Beech Lodge Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Beech Lodge Nursing Home: click here

8.7 Beech Lodge Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.650)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Beech Lodge Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Beech Lodge Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.775 for Beech Lodge Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (55 Excellents x 5) + (16 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 71 Ratings = 4.775

The 3.875 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Beech Lodge Nursing Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.375

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Beech Lodge Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Beech Lodge Nursing Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Respite Resident/Service User

I could not have been more pleased with the care my mother received at Beech Lodge. My mother enjoyed it so much she can't wait to go back. It made such a difference to us, we can now book our holidays knowing that she will be taken care of. Such a relief.

Activities: Don't Know

Very friendly staff who go above and beyond to ensure residents are looked after and happy, the home is clean and well maintained and regular entertainment is provided.
I can't thank the staff enough for all they did for mum, she was happy and liked being there.

How likely would you be to recommend Beech Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Our recent experience of Beech Lodge Nursing Home was very positive.

Mum was only at Beech Lodge for a few short weeks before she passed away.

The rooms are pleasant and light and the whole place is spotlessly clean. The management and staff are friendly and the residents and their families are treated with kindness and respect.

Most importantly, Mum was clean, comfortable and peaceful right to the very end.

Trusting a loved one to someone else's care is a very difficult decision to make. We looked at several other homes before deciding on Beech Lodge and we are comfortable in the knowledge that the choice we made gave Mum the best quality of life possible during those last few weeks.

How likely would you be to recommend Beech Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Beech Lodge really is the epitome of 'home from home'.
The building is large and spacious and all residents have the opportunity to mix and socialise in communal areas or find peace in their own private rooms. All areas are absolutely spotlessly clean.
The biggest asset of Beech Lodge however are the wonderful staff.
It is really important to me that residents are able to communicate effectively with all staff they encounter. I have experience of other homes where staff, albeit willing, are just not properly understood by residents because of their strong dialect or accent and this leads to confusion and often distress. This is not the case at Beech Lodge. My aunt is able to understand all staff and with their extremely friendly, caring and compassionate attitude, she is constantly engaged in conversation and friendly banter with them.
Residents are always treated with the utmost dignity and respect. I spend many hours sitting amongst the residents, at all times of day, and I have never seen or heard any member of staff act in any manner other than with complete care and reverence. The staff are also very encouraging of residents, whether it be to eat and drink, take part in their regular activities, or to engage in conversation with their friends. I genuinely cannot speak more highly of them. To the Beech Lodge owners... I hope you appreciate your finest assets !
I have no connection to this home or any of its staff other than the associations I have built since my aunt moved in a few months ago .. if it was poor in any respect I would say so. I have been a detective police officer for many years and I have investigated allegations of gross negligence in homes in the past - Beech Lodge is in a different league to those experiences ! I only mention this because I hope it will add some credibility to my observations and comments. My aunt would not be there if this home was not so very good - like I said, 'home from home'.

How likely would you be to recommend Beech Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum was taken into Beech Lodge in March 2015, firstly for respite as an emergency & then my Dad & I decided that this is the best place for her. Right from the outset, Mum & our family were made to feel very welcome, nothing was or is too much trouble The Manager runs the home very efficiently & readily available regarding discussing Mum's care. Beech Lodge has a homely feel, Mum's room is cosy, & we have personalsed it for her. All staff have been & contiune to be extremely caring, kind & very sweet with my Mum, & very friendly & helpful towards Dad & myself. They went the extra mile of picking my Dad up & dropping him back home for the Christmas party! Mum has had a couple of episodes of being unwell & these were dealt with very professionally & effectivley, & I was kept informed at all times, I have utmost confidence in the staff's care & skills. Beech Lodge has consistency in their staff which is really good, & therefore the residents & familes get to know them. I can highly recommend this Nursing home

How likely would you be to recommend Beech Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My nanna was moved to Beech Lodge for End of Life care 4 weeks ago. She was suffering from cancer and dementia. Last night she sadly passed away peacefully and whilst this is an extremely upsetting time, the whole process has been made so much easier, knowing that Nanna was receiving the excellent care from all of the staff at Beech Lodge. My whole family cannot thank them enough for all that they have done, not only in making sure that she was always immaculately clean and cared for, but in the friendly and welcoming way that we were treated as well. I have never been in a care home that was as clean and fresh smelling before and we were all at ease knowing that if we weren't there, that she was being so well looked after. Thank you to the whole team, you have really helped us through a very difficult time.

Submit a Review for Beech Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Beech Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beech Lodge Nursing Home