Charnwood Care Home

24 Station Road, Carlton, Nottingham NG4 3AX

Charnwood Care Home can be found in the Carlton area of Nottingham and it's hard not to feel the warm welcome once you visit. The home is close to local shops, public transport and other amenities.

The service provides residential care for people who need support with everyday activities such as washing, dressing or eating, as well as keeping on top of taking regular medications. Nursing care is also available at the home for people who live with more complex medical needs.

Nursing and residential care is also provided for those living with dementia or those enduring other mental health issues.

Short-term respite care is also offered at the home. In addition, specialist intermediate nursing care is also available as an alternative to a hospital stay.

Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is offered with choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

The home operates a busy activities programme for all residents to enjoy. Activities can include trips out, arts and crafts, pet therapy and performances by local entertainers.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 88 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Charnwood Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Charnwood Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 31 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Charnwood Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.524 for Charnwood Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (219 Excellents x 5) + (130 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 370 Ratings = 4.524

The 4.284 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Charnwood Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.6 positive Reviews (88 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 17.6 Target = 0.284

8.8 Charnwood Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.808) from 31 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Charnwood Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Charnwood Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

The staff work hard. Sometimes I have to ask for help for my relative, but staff are prompt to help, as my nana's condition is unpredictable. I'm happy with where she is placed and know she is safe and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

I find that I am very relaxed when I leave my wife in the care of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very good, always clean. Very hospitable. Very willing - pleasant staff. My relative is always happy, cheerful and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Following our assessment, a lady showed us around and it has very pleasant rooms and the lady answered the questions we asked her.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

This being my first visit, it's hard to give a review, but we were greeted by very friendly staff. The atmosphere is very happy, we were offered tea and biscuits. The room is bright and airy, all very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

From my mum first coming in for respite to now being a full-time resident, we as her family are very happy with my mum's care. Carers are very good, my mum has settled in here very well and is really happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff of this care home are very dedicated to my father's care. They take the time to know his likes and dislikes and encourage him to move/exercise and eat at meal times. The nursing staff are very experienced and attentive and they always consult me when any medical issues arise. I always leave Charnwood in the knowledge that my father is getting the best care possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Pleasant atmosphere, welcoming and very hospitable. Residents are well cared for and nothing is too much trouble. I like the new keypad system. It's nice to know they take security seriously.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

This care home is very friendly and you feel you are at home when you are there. I have just had my mother's birthday in there and the staff were great. They put banners up for her in the bedroom and downstairs. They made sure she had a lovely day. Brill place.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Home has been refurbished to a beautiful standard. The lounge is really cosy and welcoming and my friend's bedroom is spacious and bright. Staff are lovely and really welcoming and friendly.
They have recently opened a dementia unit which looks like it's being refurbished and my friend feels very safe since the keypad has been fitted, especially in this day and age. The food was good and really enjoyed the fresh bread the resident was making, the activity lady so helpful and nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the way my mother is being cared for. I would be more that satisfied for my mother to stay long term. I consider the facilities far better than other care homes I have seen.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Came for visit on behalf of my sister. The staff seemed very professional and the home was very clean, I was happy to leave my sister there.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Following my visit today I wish to congratulate the girls on shift. The care, kindness and empathy given to my sister was exceptional. The activity lady made sure I had a drink and my sister was well looked after. While I was there a lady became distressed and was shouting the activity lady was very good she soothed her and gave the lady a hand massage which looked very comforting for the lady. I would recommend this home it's very nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

I found Charnwood to be a very clean and friendly home. I was made to feel welcome as soon as my relative was taken in. I would highly recommend the home to people looking for permanent care for loved ones. Rooms come as basic but soon made my relatives room feel like home as we were allowed personalise it.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

The move from another home was quick and stressful. My mother settled in very well with the excellent care from all the staff. We are always made to feel very welcome when visiting. The staff are always on hand to discuss any problems arising to 24-7 care. They all portray a kind and caring approach to my Mum's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

We found Charnwood the best after viewing a few other care homes, for our Dad who has dementia. We leave him contented knowing he is comfortable and well looked after. We visit regularly at all times, find staff all friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I see that my father receives a high standard of care and attention. The staff are thoughtful and caring and it's a comfort to know and see their dedication to his needs as we are now so far away. The facilities are excellent and the quality of the food and activities is of a very high standard, no complaints from my dad in that respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in just over a month and new management is now in place. Overall first impressions are good. Staff always friendly and welcoming. Mum always looks clean and tidy and seems to have settled in. She is well and is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

T think the staff here are marvellous. I was a bit scared coming here but the staff make me feel welcome. The activities lady is lovely very bubbly and energetic and nothing is to much trouble. I enjoy the food and company.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are brilliant, nothing is too much trouble. The Activities Coordinator did a wonderful quiz, which was really interesting and funny. Well done. I enjoyed the food, very tasty. People are very friendly and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I asked the activity lady to take me shopping, I had only been here a couple of days and nothing was too much trouble. She booked me a taxi and got me to the shops, she found everything I wanted, it was such a pleasure to be with her. When we got back she got all my stuff together and put it in my room. After this, she settled me down for my lunch, this lady was marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Charnwood really suits my mother well, every member of staff are brilliant caring and kind. Glad to know we have placed mum in the best care thank you. My grandson says it's nice too.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

Everything OK, always clean and tidy. Never found any problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Care home is clean, tidy and welcoming. My relative is well cared for and always tells me so. Food is lovely and well presented. The activities lady is wonderful. She is very warm and friendly and is a credit to your company. All the other staff are very warm and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Spoke to the activities co-ordinator, now we appreciate how difficult it is to encourage my mum to take part in the activities. We are happy that trouble is taken with mum and that she does take more part than we thought. I have seen the activities co-ordinator in a different uniform so it's really disappointing that when staff is short she is taken off activities!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

Activities is a lot better now than it was before. Bedrooms need to be decorated and new furniture. Staff to take more care of people's possessions. Messages need to be clearly written down.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Likely

Lesley Wright, Home Manager at Charnwood Care Home responded to this review on 08 Feb 2016:

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review Charnwood Care Home - we really appreciate all comments and feedback. Since receiving the review I have taken a look into the problems you mention and would like to share the outcomes with you. In relation to the décor, this is also something we are looking into and I’d be happy to discuss further with you. I look forward to speaking with you. Kind regards.

Amazing staff, polite and caring. Activities coordinator has improved the entertainment and everyone like the lady, very good. In fact the staff are all very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rooms are poorly decorated, not been done for years. Staff are good and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is very homely and welcoming and the staff are very caring and friendly. My mum/dad settled in very quickly and are happy and feel safe. The meals are good and varied, staff will always keep family informed and up to date. There are lots of different activities that they can join in if they wish. I would highly recommend this care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I think the care my mother gets is amazing. Mum is so happy at Charnwood and enjoys the care, kindness and laughter she has.

How likely would you be to recommend Charnwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am satisfied with the care my brother gets, there is a nice feeling to the home and carers are very nice. My brother is settled and likes living in the home which says a lot. The staff are always friendly and very helpful you don't want much more than that.

Submit a Review for Charnwood Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Charnwood Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Charnwood Care Home