The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home

High Street, Warsop, Mansfield NG20 0AA

The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Sycamore is a Mansfield care home, skilled in all areas of care though specialising in providing care for those with a form of dementia, such as Alzheimer's.

Staff have experience of many sensitive care needs, including challenging behaviours, which they look to treat while respecting the dignity and individual choice of those involved.

Many related services can also be sourced from this professional care team who run a day care service and offer respite, palliative and convalescent care.

Sycamore Care Home also offers short-stay respite care that can be booked up to a year in advance, which can be helpful when planning holidays and short breaks.

The Warsop Memory Cafe is popular with residents, who can also enjoy activities such as quizzes and crafts.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Karen Gilbert (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 72 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Parkinson's Disease • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home: click here

posted 17 Nov 2017

Nursing & Residential

9.5 The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.547)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.547 for The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (194 Excellents x 5) + (109 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 320 Ratings = 4.547

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.4 positive Reviews (72 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 14.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home

During August and September, my daughter was advised to move my wife to another care provider. After taking advice and some viewing she was entered into The Sycamore at Warsop. After a short time of my wife being there we started to see a difference in her, she has become more vocal and had put on some weight and was enjoying the attention she was getting from the staff. In fact, she was enjoying her time and coincidently, I had to go into hospital for an operation which after I was in need of some respite and I was also placed in The Sycamore.

I saw first hand the caring staff that are employed there were treating all the residents with dignity and all were given the help they required at meal times. The meals were well cooked with a smile. I am enjoying my stay at the care home, I have been looked after and I would not have any problems in recommending for long or short stays. All are made welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home responded to this review on 19 Oct 2017:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home. We are really pleased to hear you have had such a positive experience in choosing our home to provide care for your wife, and equally for choosing to spend a period with us yourself, whilst you recovered from your operation. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Your kind words really mean a lot to us and it is rewarding to have the efforts of our hardworking staff recognised. Thank you again for such a lovely review. Take care!

The seaside event was very good. Punch and Judy was traditional with wooden puppets which my mum used to enjoy. The clown made some brilliant balloon models for the visiting children and he was a very good singer, singing songs my mum and other residents enjoyed in the past. We got mum swinging in her seat. It was nice to see staff interacting with residents dancing with those who were able and all having a good time.
The afternoon was rounded off with ice cream and raspberry sauce.

I would like to thank staff for organising this event. I enjoyed being there and made welcome by all the staff as always.

How likely would you be to recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home responded to this review on 18 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Sue, for sharing your recent experience about The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home. We are really pleased to hear you and your mum enjoyed the activities and puppet show! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and it is always rewarding to hear our staff have been so welcoming and provide a positive experience to all. Thanks again and have a lovely day!

Can't fault the care and compassion each and every one of the carers show our mum, she's very well cared for.
Thank you everyone.

Since my mother became a resident within The Sycamore our family have become more at ease.
Knowing that the standard of care and commitment that she is receiving and has continued to receive from day one (April 2016).
All of the staff are just amazing and we as a family are so very grateful for them giving mum, and us the care and support over this past year, we would not change a thing, they are all amazing and for that, we are all truly grateful.

I think that my sister is well taken care of and is in a secure environment. She gets on well and likes all of the staff. She likes to choose what to wear and what to eat. I always find the staff very helpful and the home always clean and pleasant to visit.

From my initial visit in February 2017, when looking for a care home, I found the atmosphere cheerful. The staff were kind and informative. I had a conducted tour of the home, which I found clean and tidy. I selected a room there and then and made my decision that this would be a suitable place for my husband and my opinion hasn't changed.

The staff are very professional, friendly and courteous. When I had a meal it was well cooked and served well.

How likely would you be to recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home? Likely

Overall views are good. All the staff are really good and do their very best to help in every situation.

How likely would you be to recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home? Likely

My mother passed away in this care home April 2017, the staff and nurse were fantastic with us. My Dad was there on my Mam's last day from 8.15 in the morning and they kept popping into her room to bring him tea/coffee/food as well as what ever he needed. Nothing was too much trouble, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone involved.
When my Mum was in her last hours most of the care worker that had been involved with her in her five-year stay here, came and said goodbye and gave her a kiss, very emotional. Highly recommend this care home the staff are great and nothing is to much trouble.

Love and best wishes to you all x x

I have always been satisfied with the care and attention my father has received since he became a resident.
It is not the most modern of buildings but for me, it is the care and humour of the dedicated staff that is far more important, they go over and above the call of duty.

How likely would you be to recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home? Likely

The home has just been decorated and looks very nice but always smells when you go in the lift of toilet smells.

Management: Poor

Pleased with mum's health care. The carers are very good at their job, but they are very stretched with their time to have a few minutes to have time with them but they do their best. Have had problems with her clothing not wearing new clothes that we have bought.

Management: Poor

Christmas was very enjoyable for residents, staff and relatives.
Meals were good and the entertainment very good.
Christmas and New Year atmosphere was 'brill'

Very approachable staff and management, any problems get sorted.
Staff are very caring. They made Christmas very festive and cheerful.
The dining room and living room is very updated.

It was a really good visit today, mum was in high spirits and the atmosphere was calm and relaxed. I had dinner with mum today and the was up to the usual high standards and cooked from scratch and was absolutely delicious, as was tea later in the afternoon.

Clean, friendly and good staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home? Likely

We couldn't have wished for a better place for my wife to spend her last few weeks of her life. The staff had so much love and care for my wife.

The staff gave me and my family all the support from the day my wife came to Sycamore's.

In my opinion I think the staff and care are more than brilliant with the way they are taking care of my mum, they're absolutely excellent, I've noticed such a big change in my mum's care from the last care home. I can't fault any of the staff. I'm so pleased as at a few times we had a fear of our mum giving up, now since we have got mum in The Sycamore we have really got grins, smiles and kisses off our mum, it's making us feel better, noting mum's care is to the best ever, knowing mum seems to be more content now and that's absolutely brilliant. Thank you deeply to all the staff at The Sycamore I hope I get this care, and staff bless them all, brilliant work.

Staff have maintained excellent communication with relatives. Staff could not have been better.

Under difficult circumstances we had to place my father-in-law in a care home, immediately we were made to feel we had chosen the right home, he was made welcome and comfortable. The staff were checking he was all right constantly and provided excellent care, this included every staff member, he retained his dignity and independence, the room was comfortable and well decorated.
When he needed extra medical care this was arranged without hesitation, the staff were compassionate when we lost him and helped and took some of the pressure off us.

Throughout my father's stay he was treated with the greatest of respect. The team go beyond what I thought would have been the standard. The care and compassion was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble.

Mum has been in the Sycamore's for two weeks now. My hand on my heart is to day the staff are excellent. Devoted to there job and I can't praise them enough. I always promised my mum I wouldn't see her in care unfortunately we had to for end of life care. I know she is safe and excellent quality of care is being given.

On visiting a friend and neighbour. I was greeted very warmly and shown to my friends room at once. Even though my friend was sleeping I was offered tea and biscuits, as she woke the carer made her comfortable and offered her tea etc. I thought the Sycamores was a very hospitable and caring home, clean, warm and active.

My husband came to stay for respite. The staff were very friendly and the manager helped me understand everything. I was so tired I needed a break.

I have no issues with my mother staying here. I cannot fault the place, staff are nice, I am sure management would manage any issues I have, however I've had none. Very clean and mother likes the food.

I am happy with care for my mother the staff are very good. The home is very clean and well looked after.

Our sister is really happy here, she tells use that its very nice. Staff seem nice and she thinks this is her home. We are very happy she is here.

We have not had any problems whatsoever, they cannot do enough for you from cleaners upwards. No worries at all.

Submit a Review for The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home