Gorton Parks Care Home, Manchester, Greater Manchester

Gorton Parks offers care for short or long term requirements in a safe and warm environment. Care available includes nursing and residential dementia care, nursing, respite, convalescence and palliative care.

Situated in a quiet area of Manchester, the home is split across five buildings. The home features quality furnishings in comfortable rooms while landscaped gardens allow the ideal setting to relax and enjoy the outside.

Meals are made to suit taste and dietary requirements, and can be enjoyed in traditional dining rooms or in the privacy of residents’ own bedrooms. A 'Nite Bite' menu is also available for out of hours snacks and drinks.

Many occasions and events add to home life, with residents supported in pursuing hobbies and interests of their choice as well as doll and pet therapy and days out.

Person in charge: Margaret Reeves (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 148 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Gorton Parks Care Home: click here

9 Gorton Parks Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.023)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Gorton Parks Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Gorton Parks Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.651 for Gorton Parks Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (182 Excellents x 5) + (64 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 258 Ratings = 4.651

The 4.372 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Gorton Parks Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 29.6 positive Reviews (148 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 29.6 Target = 0.372

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Gorton Parks Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Gorton Parks Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

I arrived at Delamere House in Gorton from another BUPA unit on the same complex. I felt unsafe, uncomfortable, overwhelmed, insecure and had lost confidence in both what I had achieved in my emotional, mental and physical well being due to my experiences at the previous unit.
The caring staff at Delamere, along with the professional staff, encouraged, supported, welcomed me and made me feel safe.
Their communication skills and empathy are at a high standard, which is shared by the many patients that I have come into contact with.
A big thank you to both caring and professional staff at Delamere House.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 01 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better in Delamere House than you did. I hope that you carry on to make improvements which I'm sure you will with the help of the dedicated staff.

My good fortune to be offered a place. What an experience in all departments and ridicules reports of NHS. Massive gratitude to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jun 2017:

I have found the care and attention given to our needs excellent. I couldn't have asked for more dedication and care given to me. I thank you with all my heart one and all of you.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team

My mum received a very warm welcome into Gorton Parks and staff took the time to reassure her that she would be well looked after. The quality of care she received was excellent and I observed very positive interactions from all staff with my mum.

During her stay, her health deteriorated quickly but at each stage, her needs were re-assessed and care plans changed. I also felt supported through this difficult time and cannot thank the staff enough for the care given and for the time given to me to listen to the background story of my caring for mum for the last 3 years - which has not been easy.

I felt a genuine relationship was developed throughout this partnership and I had every confidence that my mum was well cared for by a dedicated caring staff team.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 30 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Throughout my stay at Gorton Parks Care Home, I have found the majority of staff very caring and attentive (some staff more than others). Always room for improvement in all professions, found some staff to be quite pushy which at times could be quite distressing for my family members. On the whole, would highly recommend Gorton Parks Care Home to other family members.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

I went in the MRI and my weight was 7 stone. When I came out after 6 weeks I was 5 stone. After 2 weeks in the care home, I have put a stone on (6 stone now).

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Servicies Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 29 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I was admitted to Delamere Intermediate unit Gorton Park after breaking my knee and spending time in the Royal Infirmary. My husband is in the infirmary poorly, so I was very upset to be away, but the staff here, doctors, nurses, kitchen and cleaning staff have all been very kind and helpful. Not just my medical needs, but talking to me when I've been depressed and missing my family. If this was a hotel, I would give it top stars.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 02 Dec 2016:

During my stay, I found the care, patience and understanding was first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 26 Nov 2016:

My experience in here has been very good. The physio has done a great job with me. I have been able to walk unaided withing 2 weeks from being in a wheelchair. The food is good. The courtesy of the staff is very good. They are all friendly and supportive at all times. They take their job seriously with a lot of humour. Generally, I had a pleasant time.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came to Gorton Parks in September and left on the 12th of October. I had five weeks of first-class treatment from all the staff and management. It was a pleasure to be there. I would recommend it to anyone for the first class care you get.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 26 Oct 2016:

The staff are excellent and the care they show is second to none. The facilities and food are very good, so good I have put weight on since I have been.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 15 Oct 2016:

I wish to put on record that I have been treated very well during my stay. The nurses have been very efficient in my treatment and have carried out their duty with care but also with a smile. I would like to thank sincerely the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

I have been cared for in an excellent manner by all staff. They have helped me gain confidence and improved mobility. I can recommend Gorton Parks Care Home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

Everybody looked after me and were helpful at all times. I left completely at ease with all the care they gave me. I was treated as a person and felt completely at ease with everybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, customer services administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

I was transferred from hospital for rehabilitation. During my stay the staff were helpful and considerate and also made my stay enjoyable.
The service provided was impeccable.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jul 2016:

At first I felt very vulnerable and a sense of fear of the unknown. I was so pleased to be reassured, the care night and day was very good. A sense of humour was present when needed, also when feeling low, the staff had time to listen sympathetically. Meals were varied and more than enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

Enjoyed my stay, been well looked after and treated with care and kindness. Would recommend this place to anyone in need of care and help back on the road to fitness.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jul 2016:

My aunt has been in intermediate care a Delamere House Gorton Parks for two weeks following an operation. We have been very impressed with the standard of facilities and the level of care given. All of the staff are friendly, highly visible and courteous. Any questions are answered quickly and nothing is too much trouble for them. I am sure the happy and relaxed atmosphere was greatly contributed to my aunt's recovery. Thanks to everyone involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administartor at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jul 2016:

My care and attention was very very good. The staff were very caring and they looked after me very well. Thanks to all staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Gorton Parks Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

I came to this rehab centre and found the staff to be most capable and kind, nothing was a trouble to them when you asked for assistance. It was a pleasant atmosphere to feel at ease in, when you were suffering from some kind of illness and needed to feel mentally comfortable as possible.
The dread about being a medical centre was lessened by the kindness shown to me. The medical side was also most thorough and capable.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

I think the staff are absolutely first class. The truth is that they treat a person with respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am treated like a queen. I will never forget you all and thank you for looking after me and taking care of me.

Submit a Review for Gorton Parks Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gorton Parks Care Home