Kings Park Care Home

Kings Park, Hurst Cross, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 8EZ

Kings Park

Close to the market town of Ashton-under-Lyne in Hurst Cross, Kings Park is a purpose-built home which offers nursing dementia care.

Living at Kings Park

With lovely views across the countryside, this small home offers a choice of areas in which to relax, dine, socialise and exercise. The open and secure patio area with views of the nearby park is a tranquil place for residents to relax or socialise with family & friends and the small greenhouse allows residents to enjoy planting flowers and vegetables. All the comfortable bedrooms and living areas are easily accessible by wheelchair.

The home’s caring team has created a family atmosphere, encouraging everyone to eat together, and to plan and celebrate special occasions with one another. Residents are invited to decorate their rooms with small items of their own furniture and treasured belongings so that it feels just like home. Daily life is thoughtfully designed to support Residents’ mind, body and soul.

Your personal care plan

Kings Park’s Home Manager will make sure that all Residents receive the kindest possible care. The extensively trained team will deliver all the nursing and specialist care and support services that your loved one requires. Personalised care plans consider not only medical, personal and dietary needs, but also the individual’s likes and dislikes, religious preferences, and any suggestions from family members that might make their stay with us that little bit more enjoyable.

Residents’ individual tastes and dietary requirements are always taken into consideration by the chefs at Kings Park, where they receive a choice of tasty, nutritionally-balanced meals, freshly prepared each day.

The experienced home managers at HC-One, along with their staff teams, strive to ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Susan Round (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 44 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Kings Park Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Kings Park Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Kings Park Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.719 for Kings Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (147 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 203 Ratings = 4.719

The 3.841 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Kings Park Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8.8 positive Reviews (44 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8.8 Target = 0.341

8.6 Kings Park Care Home has a Review Score of 8.6 (8.560) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kings Park Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Kings Park Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

Highly pleased with the level of service provided and the day to day care given.
All the staff are kind and supportive both to my wife and to me as a visitor.
Kept informed at all times of any changes to her care.
Needs the refurbishment to take place to improve the overall facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clare Sheehan, Careline Advisor at Kings Park Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2018:

Thank you for your review, we value all feedback as this helps us to improve our service where required. We are delighted you are so pleased with the level of service provided at Kings Park and the standard of care given. Our staff team work hard to deliver kind quality care so your comments to this effect are much appreciated. We are happy to share that the refurbishment refresh is currently underway, and the decorators are well on their way to completing the painting. Once finished, new furniture will be added along with soft furnishings and artwork. An indoor garden is also being created and we are sure our Residents and visitors will enjoy the updated changes.

My wife was at Kings Park Care Home for 6 years from August 2011 until passing away late June 2017.
All the time she was there she was well looked after. Always clean and dressed.
How the staff managed I don't know. I would and did regularly recommend the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Likely

Can't thank the staff of Kings Park Care Home enough for the care and love they gave to my wonderful mum in her last year who sadly passed away despite all their best efforts. I know she was happy here and I couldn't have found anywhere better for her. I would recommend Kings Park Care Home to anyone now needing this level of care and can assure relatives they would have no need to worry about their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dad was admitted in January 2017 after a long stay in hospital and has settled within the home. He enjoys the activities the home offers. The staff are attentive and were keen to know dad's background/family etc prior to admission so they can engage him in conversation. Staff treat residents with dignity and respect. Dad says these girls are great, they look after me well. I am happy with the care he receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have the best people in place from management to all of the rest of the staff to make it the best Kings Park Home in Tameside.

I can honestly say, my father is very pleased and quite happy here, thanks to the lovely care provided by all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad has been living at Kings Park for about 3 weeks. I have found the staff extremely friendly and supportive. The staff not only do an excellent job in looking after my dad but they are very supportive for us as a family. They understand and have shown empathy when the decision was made that my dad needed nursing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother and I are so pleased we found Kings Park for our mother. This was by far the best nursing home we found after looking at about ten in the Tameside area. Our mother, who is 101, is really happy with all aspects of Kings Park. The care our mother is getting is exceptional. My brother and I are pleased we found Kings Park for our mother. We would recommend Kings Park to all families who need a loved one looking after.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am delighted with the progress my son has made since coming into King Park due to the excellent attention of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was transferred to Kings Park after being in hospital for the majority of 3 months. It was overwhelmingly emotional to leave him in surroundings and among staff that we didn't know. However, within the first few days I could see that the level of care and support that he was getting, was wonderful. All the staff were kind and very caring and I realised his needs were being completely met.
I also had support which was much needed and I am extremely grateful for that. I visit regularly and stay for many hours throughout the days. I have seen the care and kindness they give to all the residents who all have different needs. They have been most welcoming to both of us and also to our family and friend. (They too have said how good the level of care is). Over the past fews weeks, I have felt very relieved and satisfied that the staff are providing the appropriate level of care which my husband needs and deserves. I can't thank and praise them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Grandad is happy and is well looked after. He is treated with dignity and the nurses and management are happy to listen and to help with any problems that may arise. He enjoys getting his hair cut, going out for a pub lunch with the care home and he seems to have a great relationship and rapport with staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Kings Park Care Home have been great with my granddad and treat him with respect and dignity. It's comforting to know he's safe and happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Kings Park Care Home for four years, she has had the best care, and I'm totally satisfied with the management and all the staff. Mum is settled here and we think between us we are giving her all the necessary care and help possible in her final days. God willing.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a family, we could not be more pleased with the care my mother receives. The home is always clean. My mother's clothes are always clean and her room kept spotlessly. When visiting the staff always speak to us about how mum has been. They always offer a drink and make sure there is somewhere to sit. You can tell that the staff really care for mum and the other residents. The atmosphere in the home is excellent. My mother could not be better cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is well looked after. Staff always cheerful and helpful, very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was in another care home that was terrible. This one is great. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Would highly recommend Kings Park. Well run nursing home, with dedicated team members who show care and compassion at all times. Excellent standard of accommodation, cleanliness and food quality/offering.

How likely would you be to recommend Kings Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt has recently moved to this home and this review is based on my first visit. The staff were great and made me feel welcome, they gave me the confidence that my aunt was being looked after and that her needs were being attended to. The home was clean and tidy, the décor was bright and cheerful. My aunts room was also of the same standard. I am quite happy for my aunt to stay here and will post more reviews in due course.

Submit a Review for Kings Park Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kings Park Care Home