Alexandra Grange, Wigan, Greater Manchester

Alexandra Court is situated in Pemberton, Wigan and provides residential and nursing care for people 24 hours a day.
The home features a rehabilitation centre and offers diagnostic and screening services.

Cuerden Care Homes is a family run business and provide on-going training programmes for staff to ensure the best care can be delivered.

The home provides dedicated care to residents over the age of 65 with mental health conditions, physical disabilities and sensory impairments.

Group: Cuerden Developments Ltd

Person in charge: Christine Stafford (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 54 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Alexandra Grange: click here

9.3 Alexandra Grange has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.316)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Alexandra Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Alexandra Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.76 for Alexandra Grange is calculated as follows: ( (159 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 204 Ratings = 4.76

The 4.556 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Alexandra Grange is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.8 positive Reviews (54 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 10.8 Target = 0.556

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Alexandra Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Alexandra Grange

I am very happy in my home, the staff are very kind and caring and help me a lot.
The food is very good and I have put weight on and the activities are good.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My mum came to Alexandra Grange nearly 2years ago after a recommendation from a friend. We were made to feel welcome and at ease as soon as we stepped through the door to look around.
My mum loves it here and gets along with all the staff and other residents. She is always treated with dignity and respect and the staff are passionate about the care they give.
Office staff are very welcoming and are always there to answer any queries we may have.
I would highly recommend Alexandra Grange as the care and support my mum has is outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My mum went into the home some years ago it was very hard for me as I was worried how she should be but I needn't have worried as she is so happy and settled and looks very well. She loves the food and activities and loves the trips. Staff are so nice and always helpful and polite they make time for you and keep you up to date. Home is lovely and clean and my mum's room is very personalised. I never have to worry about her.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

I have lived here for nearly 2 years and I am very happy indeed. The staff are very nice and they treat us very well. I go on outings a lot and everyone makes and effort to look after you.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in Alexandra Grange for 2 years, I visit most days. The staff are wonderful, caring and kind. My wife needs a lot of help and the staff and manager are always lovely. I am more than pleased with how they are for her, nothing is too much trouble and I can go home knowing she is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

I have always found the environment in the care home to be very friendly and efficient with a high standard of cleanliness. The staff work very hard to provide dignity and high-quality care to the residents with activities and entertainment on offer at regular intervals.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Likely

Mum has been in Alexandra Grange since July 2013 on the ground floor. She has been quite poorly over xmas so I have been visiting more frequently. I am always made to feel very welcome by all staff and found them to be very supportive in this very difficult time. Mum seems to be quite settled here and has a good natter and laugh with carers/cleaners when she is alert and awake. The carers have kept myself and sister-in-law up to date with mums care, meds, results of tests etc and we couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks for all your support and caring for mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My nan has been in Alexandra Grange for a few years now and I have never had any complaints. Just recently my nan has become quite poorly and I am very grateful to the carers at Alexandra Grange (ground floor) as they have been amazing with nan and my family. Liaising with GP's to get relevant meds and x-rays in place and the communication and support shown is much appreciated. Keep up the amazing work. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

Very well run establishment. The staff give excellent care and attention. Very observant of the residents. Well informed of any problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My brother was on the EMI unit for two years, where he received excellent care. The staff had a very good knowledge on dementia, and showed great empathy to my brother. Activity lady was excellent and had a lot of time for him, he always enjoyed the trips out. He spoke highly of the food served, and had great trust in all the staff. Whenever I had any worries senior staff were very approachable and always helpful. My brothers stay there was always treated with dignity and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My family took great thought and consideration into choosing the right care home for my mother-in-law. We arrived unannounced at the home to have a look around and we were made to feel welcome from the second we arrived. We knew straight away that this would be the right home for her. My mother-in-law was anxious about going into a home but she loves it there and it is such a pleasure to see her happy and content. She enjoys trips and all activities. All members of staff are excellent from management to cleaners and that all residents with dignity and respect. I cannot praise them enough and it is such a relief to the family to see her settled.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

Excellent care staff. Very knowledgeable and attentive. Clean environment. Only complaint is quality of food and drink. Dad not happy with food available.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

Extremely welcoming place. Staff in all areas are very friendly and approachable. Interacting with my mum. Always helpful if requested anything.
Manager - always time for you. Very caring nature. Mum enjoyed being with her as did she with other members of staff.
Office - equally obliging and helpful.
Rooms - now wear and tear, need updating, new curtains, carpets and painting.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Likely

Staff are very kind and help me all the time. I love the manager. It is nice in my home and everybody is friendly and caring and I can do activities when I want. Food is good and the carers are lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

Both my mother and mother-in-law were residents at Alexandra Grange during 2011-2014. My experience of this particular care home was one of admiration, for the friendly environment, the care and attention of the staff. They were all very understanding and aware of the desperate needs of the residents in their care. This was achieved against a background of looking after people some of whom could be at times extremely difficult to manage. The home always gave a warm welcome to visitors and were always willing to talk to visitors to alleviate any worries they have. A sense of humour always prevailed in my opinion, an essential ingredient to the operation of care homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

My mother gets well looked after at Alexandra Grange Care Home. The staff are very good with her and she seems quite happy there. The food is excellent and she seems to enjoy it. They have very good activities for the residents, like bingo and making things. They get to go in the garden when the weather is nice. We are always made welcome when we go to visit my mother. We are very happy with this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Alexandra Grange? Extremely Likely

Our mum became a resident of Alexandra Grange in August 2014, she was 92 years old and had vascular dementia, despite an excellent support network of family, neighbours and carers we had become worried about her safety and security in her own home as she has started to wander and the fire brigade attended on two occasions. We felt we had no option but to seek residential care for her. Alexandra Grange was a godsend to us, the staff and friendly atmosphere allayed any fears of reservations we had over the care of our mum. No restriction on visiting, except meal times and bed times, reassured us. The manager and her staff even made time to enquire after us and how we were coping, giving comfort when the stress of mum's illness overwhelmed us. We have nothing but praise for the way the staff created a warm and homely atmosphere in a secure environment. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Alexandra Grange

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Alexandra Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Alexandra Grange