Arncliffe Court Care Home

147b Arncliffe Road, Halewood, Liverpool L25 9QF

Arncliffe Court Care Home, Liverpool, Merseyside

Located in Halewood, Liverpool, Arncliffe Court consists of five single storey houses which offer a range of care packages including residential, nursing, respite, palliative convalescence and dementia care.

This purpose-built home has landscaped gardens, gazebos and a patio area. Each of its five houses provide a homely atmosphere and excellent facilities. All bedrooms are tastefully furnished and offer delightful views of the garden.

A varied menu of delicious home-made meals ensures that each resident’s dietary needs are met, and lighter alternatives to full cooked meals are always available. The home’s chef has been awarded the Bupa Chef of the Year award.

The dedicated activities coordinator provides a varied programme of activities including gardening, flower arranging and bingo. Entertainers often visit and residents even enjoy karaoke afternoons.

Person in charge: Sharon Emmerson-Coy (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 150 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Arncliffe Court Care Home: click here

8.3 Arncliffe Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.292)

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Arncliffe Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Arncliffe Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.409 for Arncliffe Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (124 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (26 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 215 Ratings = 4.409

The 3.883 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Arncliffe Court Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 30 positive Reviews (150 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 30 Target = 0.133

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Arncliffe Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Arncliffe Court Care Home

• Guardian of Resident/Service User

I came to visit today at 17.10 approx when I had just finish work myself from Whiston Hospital where I have worked for many years. On visiting, I was disgusted at the way I was spoken to and treated, which was extremely patronising especially as it was by the nurse in charge. I would never speak to a patient or a relative the way she did and will be putting a complaint in with the management. The time I visited was meal time which I thought was 16.00 - 17.00. When I found out I said I would go away and come back. A friendly male member of staff offered to give me a cup of tea and wait in the end room to save me going home and coming back. Then practically being marched out by the nurse, I was in total shock. Never had any problem before with staff except today.

How likely would you be to recommend Arncliffe Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

My dad has been in Arncliffe Court since March this year. The care he received was excellent. Staff very friendly and happy to help any way possible, My dad was happy and content. He sadly passed away on Friday at the home the staff were fantastic. I and the rest of my family can't thank you enough for everything you did for my dad in his last few days of his life. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts - a fantastic nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Arncliffe Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jul 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Putting my mother into a care home was one of the hardest choices that I have had to make. My wife and I visited numerous homes and probably read hundreds of reviews, it is a tough decision to make and you hope that you make the right choice

After speaking with the house manager and team leader on mums first days on Paisley, I felt that we had made the right choice. The house manager is a genuine, caring person looking after the welfare of all residents on Paisley. I get the impression that it is not "just a job" for her but a vocation.

The majority of staff on the unit are fantastic although I do not think there is the correct ratio of staff to residents.

My mum has been on Paisley since May 2016 and gets on well with all the staff and most of the residents. She does complain of being bored as there are not a lot of activities to get involved in.

How likely would you be to recommend Arncliffe Court Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jan 2017:

My father has been a resident in Arncliffe Nursing Home since approximately March 2016; from the moment he has been in, the staff have been excellent. Combining professional care, hands-on commitment, fun and a great atmosphere, the team manage to really settle the residents.
It is nice to go in and see him looking so content; it takes so much pressure off families seeing a genuine bunch looking after your loved ones. Many thanks to all concerned.

Jayne Duck, Customer Servicies Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My husband and I thank you all at Arncliffe Court Care Home for all the care and attention you have given my husband over the last few months. We will never forget your much-needed help and kindness. The prompt help when he had a burst duodenal ulcer, we think saved his life. Thank you all and continue the good work.

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

Arncliffe Court Care Home is an excellent care home, my husband has dementia and his needs are very well met. In addition to care, activities are provided and relatives are encouraged to join in. The quality of meals are of a high standard and individual needs are well catered for. I cannot fault them.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 25 Nov 2016:

My mother has been a resident for many years now and is unable to help herself in anyway and is dependant on the staff. The care that is given to mum by the staff is excellent they are so caring and nothing is too much trouble, if there has been any queries the management are always available to speak to the family if required. I always recommend Arncliffe Court to my friends, I can go home reassured that mum is happy and loved and content.

Jayne Duck, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

From the first day, we were made to very welcome. No matter what time of day or evening we call in, we are greeted with friendly staff and the residents are all being so nicely treated. The home is lovely and clean, no smells as in other homes. Food is nice and residents are all helped with individual needs. Staff are happy and engage residents and visitors in friendly conversation. My father was in a previous home, for one 4 days and became withdrawn and depressed and unwell. Here in Arncliffe he is thriving and nor 92 with many ailments is happy. I cannot praise the home of staff highly enough or thank them enough. It's such a big thing placing a loved one into a care home,but having him here is such a relief. Thanks to all.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My dad has been in Paisley House for a couple of months now and he loves it. He has settled in really well, the staff are lovely, nothing is too much for them. I would recommend you label all the cloths, although his cloths are washed and put away daily it is easy to be misplaced if not labelled. The food is excellent, his care is excellent and he enjoys a little dance now and again :) I'm happy he is there, he is safe and well looked after there. I would highly recommend Arncliffe to anyone .

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2016:

My husband has been a resident at Arncliffe a few months now and I have found the care and attention he receives to be very reassuring. Each time I visit Arncliffe I notice how each resident's individual needs are met by the staff and I appreciated the way they helped my husband to settle well in what was a bewildering and confusing time for him. I would also like to mention how the staff took the time to listen to my concerns with regard to me coming to terms with my husband being in full time care. I really appreciated their support, particularly team leader.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jun 2016:

My mother became a resident at Arncliffe Court in September 2015, as an emergency admission when she became unable to live independently. Within a short time my mother's general health improved. Each time I visited her, the reason for this improvement was apparent. It was the staff at Arncliffe Court who were making the difference. Their professionalism has been evident each time my mother has been unwell. Their vigilance in detecting a problem and dealing with it early is impressive. Their empathy and compassion with the residents is always evident when I visit. The arm around a shoulder or the staff member combing a resident's hair is very humbling to see. The management have a policy of making the home as normal an environment as possible. Each of the residents rooms appears as a front door and that makes it feel like their own private space. My mother has told me that she feels safe at Arncliffe Court and that is important to me. I recommend Arncliffe Court without hesitation.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

The standard of care is excellent, the dignity they provide is outstanding and it makes us as a family feel better and at ease knowing my husband is getting the right care, as staff can't do enough for help, the manager of the unit has given me help and support helping me come to terms with dealing with my husbands dementia.

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

My dad went into paisley house in September 2015 having spent 3 weeks in hospital. He has dementia and the care he has received from the unit manager and the staff since entering paisley house has been outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they work extremely hard.
My dad and all the residents have excellent personal care and they are always clean and smartly dressed.
The home itself is immaculate and it doesn't matter what time of day I visit there is always someone cleaning and making sure standards are met.
The food is excellent and my dad is eating really well.
The laundry is usually done and put back into dad's room in a day and my only advice would be to put name tags on all clothing.
Myself and my siblings and family have had.
Peace of mind knowing that my dad is getting the best possible care and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Arncliffe court to anyone .

I came to Arncliffe Court N/H in October 2013 aged 83years. At once I knew I was in the right place to spend the last 1/4 of my life. There have been some staff changes but they are all caring and have a smile on their faces. The food is good. I have a lovely room with a pleasant outlook. Rooms are cleaned every day. Another plus - all on one level, no stairs!

Since my mother moved into Speke House after Christmas 2014, she has been very well cared for.
The staff and management have accommodated my mothers needs and she has always been treated with dignity and respect.
They have always kept us informed of any issues and we have had regular review meetings.
I would also add that the office staff are always very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Arncliffe Court Care Home? Likely

My mother has been a resident at Arncliffe Court since October 2013. She suffers from dementia so choosing a suitable home when she needed 24 hour care was especially important. The Staff in Woolton house went out of their way to make the transition run smoothly and mum settled into her "new home" very quickly.

The staff at Arncliffe are respectful,dedicated and caring. Mums every needs are met in a dignified way. Mum feels safe and is never lonely.
It was a hard decision to place mum in a Carehome but I am confident that as a family we made a great choice.

A very caring family environment. My mother is well cared for by friendly and professional staff. Rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely furnished although there are no ensuite facilities. A hair salon is on site. Relatives are made welcome at all times

My mother has been in Arncliffe Court since May 2013, she was put in an out of the way room No 12, with her being registered blind and partly deaf she was very isolated, she has now been moved to a more central room No 4 and has settled a lot better nearer the hub of operations.
She has been having her toe nails clipped by the homes private chiropodist at cost of approximately £9.00 per visit taken from her personal account, this is incorrect as a registered blind person (which is a disability) she is also in receipt of guaranteed pension credit which entitles her to free NHS chiropody, the staff have been informed but as of yet there has been no treatment carried out.

Management: Poor

Arncliffe Court Care Home, Bupa care homes at Arncliffe Court Care Home responded to this review on 02 Oct 2015:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and well being is our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you contact our customer services team on feedback@bupa.com so that we can give you a call you to discuss this feedback.

Submit a Review for Arncliffe Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Arncliffe Court Care Home